Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Amane's and Ageha's route are partially done, everything else is finished. But it's hard to say how long it can take - Ageha's route will probably require more time than others. It shouldn't take more than half a year, though that depends on my free time and the amount of distractions (current distraction: Maggot Baits :P).

I wasn't aware this was still going on. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for doing this. Its really awesome of you. You guys are the best! 

Thank you thank you THANK YOU for doing this

I have the MoeNovel version of this and it pissed me off when I saw they took H-Scenes out to "appeal to more audiences."

These VNs ain't for kids lol. But seriously, thank you <3

Haha, yeah, also their actual reason for doing it was to "appeal to 12 year old french girls." ... Apparently thats the demographic they think Japanese eroge should appeal to as long as you remove the H-content. :michiru:

Yeah, it's stupid. Almost all French teenagers are really bad in English. 12 year old french girls ? Even 18 year old french girls (and boys) can't even make (or understand) a correct sentence...

In my class last year, we were like 3 people with good understanding of english, 3 with a somewhat good understanding, and the rest was meh.

So, yeah, it's one of the stupidest excuse I've ever seen.

Anyway, thanks for your work guys !

They just wanted to appeal to teens in general. They made a statement about how there was a 12 year old french girl following them on facebook, but something tells me that if that was their primary demographic the translation would be in french...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there !

Though I look happy, I'm kinda depressed right now... I've started reading/playing 4 days ago and finally came to the end of Kotori's route.

I'm like overly attached to the characters and the game right now, so I just wanted to give Ageha's route a try... And here I am, completely depressed after finding out that I can't understand anything that's happening, it's not that I don't understand what's written, but it just makes no sense at all.

So, I was wondering, should I keep playing it or not ? It really has been a turn-off for me. I played some VNs before, but would usually get bored before the end because of the story being just too weird or the art not to my likes. For once, I thought this game was the one, got hyped by Kotori's route, then completely broken by Ageha's.

There's also so much extensions to this game, yet not any of them available for non-japanese readers, it's just sooooooo frustrating... 

I love you guys from the depths of my heart, I can't wait for your work to be over, please take my energy ! A(Q v Q)A

Wish I'd be able to read japanese, at least I could be of some help. :/

I think most of us can relate to your frustration. When I started playing I chose Ageha first, because back then I didn't really know how bad the translation was. Well, let's just say I realized that pretty soon after my decision. In the end I read the whole route regardless, hoping it would get better later on. Unfortunately it didn't, so if you're still wondering if you should continue, I suggest you find something else to play until the new translation is completed. If you don't want to do that, you can also start another route, but from what I heard and read, all the other ones have quality issues as well. :(

22 hours ago, Noctali said:

Hello there !

Though I look happy, I'm kinda depressed right now... I've started reading/playing 4 days ago and finally came to the end of Kotori's route.

I'm like overly attached to the characters and the game right now, so I just wanted to give Ageha's route a try... And here I am, completely depressed after finding out that I can't understand anything that's happening, it's not that I don't understand what's written, but it just makes no sense at all.

So, I was wondering, should I keep playing it or not ? It really has been a turn-off for me. I played some VNs before, but would usually get bored before the end because of the story being just too weird or the art not to my likes. For once, I thought this game was the one, got hyped by Kotori's route, then completely broken by Ageha's.

There's also so much extensions to this game, yet not any of them available for non-japanese readers, it's just sooooooo frustrating... 

I love you guys from the depths of my heart, I can't wait for your work to be over, please take my energy ! A(Q v Q)A

Wish I'd be able to read japanese, at least I could be of some help. :/

I was in your same exact situation, and I chose to stop reading until the proper translation is done, so I'm actually reading another novel (as you can see from my signature)

8 minutes ago, FabrM said:

If you don't want to do that, you can also start another route, but from what I heard and read, all the other ones have quality issues as well. :(

I read Kotori's route first and the translation was readable (actually, at the time, I didn't know that the whole translation was messed up, and with Kotori's route I thought there was nothing wrong, maybe I didn't notice because I am not a native english speaker)

I'll be waiting, I don't want to read it unless it's well translated... I don't want the pleasure to be ruined, since it's the first Novel that didn't bore me at all. Guess I'll try reading Grisaia no Kajitsu once again, I had it on hold since months. Thanks for your replies, they're well appreciated !

Also, I've started learning japanese, I can now read all those hiraganas, and I'm currently learning katakanas. It's going to be tough but, well, I'm motivated and it's a lot of fun imo. :D

I just wanted to say... (before I forget)

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to everyone who worked on and are continuing to work on this restoration patch.

Without your hard work and generosity, I wouldn't have gotten into VN's and found this community. Thanks to your hard work I've also been looking into volunteering by English expertise to ensure the writing is grammatically correct.

So if you're ever looking for someone good with English writing to proof read, please consider me as I'd be more than happy to help. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2015 at 4:26 AM, Pabloc said:

Eh, I barely have enough motivation to work on the main story, so I probably won't touch Sweet Love even with a 10 foot pole. :P
But maybe someone else will pick it up.

I hope this project is still WIP, even just for the main story...

Hopefully there can be a release this year. :vinty:

(I wish I could help but my English is pretty bad...)

It's still in progress, though I didn't do much lately. I worked on Ageha's route a little and I saw myself how it was translated re-interpreted butchered massacred... no, I don't even know a suitable word for this. It shouldn't take much more effort than Twins' routes though, since even there almost all of the MoeNovelish text was unsalvageable.

3 hours ago, Pabloc said:

It's still in progress, though I didn't do much lately. I worked on Ageha's route a little and I saw myself how it was translated re-interpreted butchered massacred... no, I don't even know a suitable word for this. It shouldn't take much more effort than Twins' routes though, since even there almost all of the MoeNovelish text was unsalvageable.

Original Japanese text is fairly fun but I just don't feel this at all in Moenovel 'translation'.

Are there still two routes outstanding? >_<

7 hours ago, sxcxkx said:

Is there anyway to check if the patch has installed correctly besides playing all the way through the game?

I mean, i can tell you that it is not installed correctly since it is not out yet, once it comes out you will just need to launch the game, if it is in japanese it is not installed correctly.

5 hours ago, sxcxkx said:

http://sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=287077  

I'm talking about this patch. Is it a dud or something?

That only restores the H-scenes but the translation is still MoeNovel's, meaning it is terribly bad, some awesome people in this thread are making a new patch so that you can read the VN without having a stroke trying to understand what is being said :)