Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

@Zero Cool

1) I don't know which version is on our totally favourite piracy site[/sarcasm], but one thing is certain - the Re-translation wasn't released yet, so what you are reading is pretty much raw MoeNovel... thing. Most of that "really nice translation" that you mentioned was so bad that it had to be scrapped and re-translated from scratch. Just so you know. :P

2) Sex-scenes are, and will be pixelated. It's the art from the JP version, so it will have their usual mosaic-censoring. Treat it like any other fan-translation (well, the Re-Translation patch will actually be one).

@Zero Cool

1) I don't know which version is on our totally favourite piracy site[/sarcasm], but one thing is certain - the Re-translation wasn't released yet, so what you are reading is pretty much raw MoeNovel... thing. Most of that "really nice translation" that you mentioned was so bad that it had to be scrapped and re-translated from scratch. Just so you know. :P

2) Sex-scenes are, and will be pixelated. It's the art from the JP version, so it will have their usual mosaic-censoring. Treat it like any other fan-translation (well, the Re-Translation patch will actually be one).

Wait, you have me a little confused.. It was bad and now it is a bit better or not? Oh hell, I will discover it on my own. As for pixelation, I don't really care. I rushed through it anyway. I am not saying I am all pure and innocent, it's obvious I am not, but I am not interested in If My Heart Had Wings for H scenes. Story is just really good and this got me wondering if translation is at least somewhat understandable after Kotori route.

Also, sorry mods. I didn't intend to so something I shouldn't, know it won't happen again.

No, the MoeNovel translation is pretty widely regarded as crap.  It's the only available translation out there right now, as far as I know, so if you're reading it in English, that's it.  All the restoration patch does is add and translate the h-scenes, from what I've heard, and it does absolutely nothing to the rest of the translation.  As pabloc said, the pixelization is there to stay.  Pulltop will never localize the 18+ version, so you'll either be getting the re-translated Japanese 18+ version once this patch is done, or the all-ages "English" one.

No biggie, you just can't link to or mention VN piracy sites here anymore.  I misunderstood your questions about the pixelization, though, so that one's on me  :sachi:

@Zero Cool

Currently available Restoration patch doesn't do much with the original TL. There are some minor fixes, but they don't really make the difference. It is somewhat understandable, but even in Kotori's route there were plenty of mistranslations (including some really hilarious ones in the H-scenes). Twins' routes are much worse, and Ageha's is considered barely readable nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

I create a new account to ask this question: :ph34r:
Is this project still alive?:blink:

In my opinion, its barely alive. I remember that they started this project when the original If My Heart Had Wings was released by Moenovel. This company released a shit game, because it was so poorly translated that it was nearly impossible to read it.

I have been waiting for this project since they announced it in 2013. Im still waiting, and at this rate, there would be 2 choices available for us: wait for it until the end of time, or lose hope on it and play the Moenovel version( which is shit due to its translation ).

We're still alive. Just very slow. :P

Amane's and Ageha's routes are partially translated, all other routes are 100% TL-ed and edited. Patch won't be finished this year, but early~ish 2016 might be possible, unless we encounter some unexpected issues again.

Will pray for no unexpected issues

• 2 weeks later...

Who is the "hacker" on this project? I've managed to extract Rio.arc and some other files and I do have an idea on how to edit the .ws2 files. However I would like to know more about it so I could do this properly.

I really want to try merge the Steam version with the patched version to make it Steam compatible. Just because, I'm forming in IT and I always liked to do some "experiments". :P

As far as I know it's compatible, you just can't get the achievements. To be able to get them you would need to decompile the scripts back into their original state and grab the coding from them, then place them in the patch, etc.

Or if my knowledge of how the steam achievement work isn't correct in anyway, then oh well.

Anyway, the only way to be able to do that would be to reverse the compiler code, however, Willplus and it's sub-companies won't release their engines for the public to use, so obtaining the compiler is pretty much impossible.

Edited by CryingWestern

This is probably a stupid question, but... is this patch an update to the first restoration patch, or an entirely standalone project? Or does this go alongside the first patch?

(Sorry if this has already been explained, I had a look through the thread but couldn't find anything)

No, new people joined later on, I'm just the only member who also worked on the first restoration patch. But, I was working pretty much alone for a while. And I re-translated Common, Kotori's and Twins' routes myself, two other translators are working only on Ageha's and Amane's routes. That's why it takes forever. :P

I feel sorry for the poor soul working on Ageha's route. Well, if they're doing it from scratch and never even looking at the moenovel script, it may be fine, lol. I still think you should check out the moenovel version of that route sometime, Pablo, so you know the horrors the rest of us know. Oh god, why did I ever subject myself to that?

I'm going to be starting completely over once this is out. I was only a couple scenes into the story and I was planning on going for Ageha, but people told me her route is beyond fucked thanks to censorship so I completely stopped playing. I remember I offered to help awhile back and then I fell off the face of Fuwanovel and was never to be heard from again until recently. I'm glad the project is still going on and hope you don't run into any issues.

I'm really looking forward to this english patch very much and support the team Of all my heart.

I know they Would be able to complete this patch and I belive in them.

And Of course I belive in Pabloc to.

Good luck with English patch and take the time as you want, don't stress yourself out.

you have life to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this re-translate project. I've recently cleared ageha's route (with the jp ver + patch, not the all-ages with restorartion, but the english is still... idk how to explain it) and now I'm idling the game until this patch is released.

And I hope the sweet love will be translated too (If you still have the motivation :D)

And good luck, just don't be stressful. I prefer late release if it means that you have less stress from finishing the patch with a deadline/target.

With a few exceptions, you are usually able to understand what they're trying to say. But... is that really good enough? There's a reason this project exists, it really does need a retranslation. Hopefully it won't take too much longer, so you should probably just wait for it at this point.

With a few exceptions, you are usually able to understand what they're trying to say. But... is that really good enough? There's a reason this project exists, it really does need a retranslation. Hopefully it won't take too much longer, so you should probably just wait for it at this point.

Well, i most certainly would like to read it with proper English, but the question is how long do i/we have to wait? Not trying to act spoiled or impatient, it's just that we have no progression reports as far as i can see, and i'd prefer not to wait until sometime next year with no date estimation or progress reports.

Edited by Stormwolf

Soon™.  You know how translation projects work.  Even if someone gives an estimated completion date, odds are it won't be accurate and will probably just end up disappointing people.  If you want to just go ahead and read the Moenovel version because you're impatient, go ahead, but I can confirm that it's awful.  I've seen enough screenshots and proper translations of lines compared to the given Moenovel translations to see that it's absolute garbage.  There's a reason it's so cheap on Steam.

Not really expecting a precise date though. First half of next year, second half? 2017 perhaps? I know i'm more at ease when i have some kind of time frame. And of course it sucks when dates and such can't be held, that's a given. But nothing to kick up a fuzz about, stuff happens. If they keep up with the translating then i can't do anything but give my support and respect. In the end im sure i'll wait for the retranslation anyway :)