Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Are you sure the patch you are using is the one you apply to the Japanese version? The first patch people made was for the non-Steam Moenovel version. It would make sense for the program to say that it thinks the source file is incorrect if it, well, is...

• 2 weeks later...

Will the second patch require japanese system locale?

I am using Windows 8.1 x64 and I have the Steam version, I tried the patch and used "HF pAppLoc", this allows me to start the game in japanese system locale without setting the whole system to japanese system locale. It worked fine but there are some glitches, some character sprites are in an incorrect location like to much at the bottom of the screen, some of them don't even disappear when they are supposed to. Is this caused by "HF pAppLoc"? (I already know it is xD "applocale is Not enough") I am sure that the patch is correctly installed. I could set the whole system to japanese locale but I don't really want to just for a game. :P

Notes of my experience:

-It is still possible to collect trading cards on the Steam Version when using the patch.

-Achievements don't work when using the patch. That's because Steam doesn't recognize the "Chip1.arc" files so the achievement system doesn't know when we've reached a certain part of the game... I believe. xD

Patch that is in the works is basically an updated version of my konosora patch v1.2.6. If it works on non-jp locale for you, updated one should too.

First restoration patch (that is in the 1st post of this thread) doesn't work correctly with Steam version (and it never meant to work to begin with), regardless of the locale stuff.

What would you guys need to do exactly to the game files so the patch could be steam-compatible? Maybe I could do some "experiments". :P

Nothing. Well, in theory, having the steam version itself is required, but the reason Steam version is not happening is not so much because of the technical difficulties but rather that it was decided not to make one. Personally I don't want to support steam in any way. In fact I support everything that makes people move away from it. It is unfortunate that some users bought steam version of konosora and now possibly regret doing so, but uninstalling it completely and downloading original Japanese version is the only supported way to read uncensored konosora at this moment.

However I should note that in any case patch for Steam version will never have working achievements. Patch for moenovel version is not only restores some of the old stuff, it is also removes some of the new stuff that is likely gets checked by steam. And in any case, if I am to make a patch like that, it will likely make the game totally steam-independant and thus for a user there isn't much reason choosing it over any other version. Also I have no clue if user can be banned for modifying steam games, but Steam's EULA is full of shit so I wouldn't be surprised if yes. So running patched version with steam is not recommended anyway.

Edit: also as pabloc mentioned, Moenovel version and Japanese version require separate patches. "Adding support" means including 1GB+ of bloat into the existing patch.

So i just found out there is a Sweet Love UI patch, is there any translation patch or project for it? 

Sweet Love UI patch is made by someone totally unrelated to the current project. I haven't had time to check it myself but I can say that:

I'm not aware of anyone wanting to translate SweetLove. Some anonymous asked me about it a while ago, but I'm not sure how serious he was and I had no contact with him since then.

Depending on how much stuff from my patch 1.2.6 that "Sweet Love UI patch" uses, I may decide to stop working on the project and thus re-translation will not be released or delayed again for unknown period of time. Any kind of "experiments" with patches are not welcomed. Author of the "Sweet Love UI patch" did contacted me with request to use my stuff, but permission was never granted.

Just wanted to say that im so glad people are doing this. Ever since I heard about konosora I thought it looked like something I would love. But my dreams were crushed when people was shunning the translation so hard that it killed all my interested in reading it whatsoever.

I hope I can buy a digital download or something somewhere, sure as hell aint giving moenovel fucking shit

I hope I can buy a digital download or something somewhere, sure as hell aint giving moenovel fucking shit

It is absolutely possible to buy a digital download for Japanese version, but I must warn you that it is not supported by ANY of the currently existing patches. Only package editions are supported.(installer tells you which ones and their release date) That said, I am not 100% positive that it is any different from the package versions, but I suspect that it is. It might be trivial to add support for it, assuming I had one myself (which I do not) but still it will likely not happen as I think package version is enough.

I made a post about a month ago and realized I completed the vn without any h-scenes. I played it through now (using a different method) and I got all of the h-scenes.
1. Download and install the english version from moenovel. 

2. Download and move all the files from the patch into the game directory. Do not put the apply_diffs file into the install directory.

3. Download the updated immhw batch file @ http://www.mediafire.com/download/z9j0gz441mjjh7j/IMHHW+restoration+patch+improved.bat

4. Put the IMHHW restoration patch improved file into the game directory.

5. Change your system locale to japanese. If you don't know how to do this, this page will tell you how http://fuwanovel.net/faq/setting-windows-to-japanese-locale

6. Restart your computer if you have not done so already.

7. Go into the game directory and run the IMHHW restoration patch improved, it will ask you a couple questions about where you installed the game to.

8. Run Adv HD and it should work. 

You can message me if you have any questions. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Everybody!

First, I'd like to thank you all for creating the restoration patch for the Steam version. Unfortunately I was one of the many people who purchased the MoeNovel version not expecting how poor its actual quality was. However, before I started playing it, I read about its many problems at various forums, therefore I immediately installed the patch.

Since then I've been checking on this topic from time to time, so I became aware that you are trying to re-translate the original Japanese version from scratch, which I think is a really cool idea. That's why I would be really happy to help out with anything I can handle. Sadly, I don't speak Japanese and I don't know much about coding either, but if you could use an extra proofreader or something like that, I'd gladly allocate some of my spare time for this. Just let me know!

Oh, and if I'm being ingorant of something that has already been discussed earlier, please excuse me!

Neither me nor rusanon (the topic starter) ever created any patches for steam version. If such a patch exists, it was made elsewhere (possibly using our work as base). Patch that you see in the 1st post of this thread was not made for steam version and in addition to that is abandoned. Current plan is to release re-trsnalation using a different patch, which is not abandoned, but it will never support a steam version.

Oh, I see. I actually applied your patch to my game, but I understand now that it was not intended for the Steam version originally. Anyway, thank you for the clarification and sorry for the misunderstanding, but I still think that you are the ones I should be thankful to. smile.png

As for the other things you mentioned: Yes, I know that the original patch is abandoned and that the new re-translation will not support the Steam version, and I think it is perfectly fine that way. MoeNovel really don't deserve a third-party patch that does their job instead of them and makes their poorly translated, slashed version enjoyable. dry.png

• 2 weeks later...