Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

@メルP

Sure, I don't mind. This thread is a bit cluttered though, so I'll be making a new one - dedicated to the Re-Translation patch - as soon as we have something to release. It would be the best if we kept all patches in one place, considering how current messy situation is confusing for people, with restoration patch, your patch, some dubious(?) Steam-fixes and whatnot.

I am mainly concerned about vndb users not being confused. Which is pretty much ok so far. Anything else doesn't really bothers me. I definitely do not want to have my personal thread here (and it's kinda late anyway)

Any news on a Steam compatible patch?

I'd be happy just getting the current one but with H-scenes and compatible with Steam.

What exactly is not compatible with steam? If people who make guides made it work, then it should work...

From what I heard, steam version is exactly the same as old Moenovel release? if you wanna have something like achievements working - give up on it. If it works, but only with steam closed - that is also fine, you'll have to live with it.

Go here https://md5file.com/calculator, uncheck SHA1 and SHA-256 checkboxes, then open all the files in Steam Konosora directory (unpatched, unmodified). Wait till all blue bars are gone. Copy all the text and paste it somewhere so I can read it.

But this doesn't means I am up for making a steam-compatible patch. While I am still considering to make a fixed patch for original moenovel version (with or without updated text), I don't feel like helping moenovel to get more sales on steam.Those who are interested in Konosora, should get Japanese version.

Is this good? http://pastebin.com/UjKNhu3b

I do hope you make a patch for Steam considering a lot of people bought this already without knowing the sorry state it was in.

I don't feel like buying the game twice.

Its good, thanks.

Well, now I can see that it is different and without additional work, old restoration patch indeed might not work correctly (if at all)

When/if I'll be making patch for old moenovel release, I'll consider making it support steam version too. But with me being not only moenovel hater but a steam hater in general, this is unlikely.

Even for those who own steam version, I don't consider deleting it, getting refund (if possible) and torrenting Japanese version to be inferior solution. Patched steam version will lose any kind of connection to steam anyway.

Guest Gurluas

I'd really appreciate it if you could make it work. It's tedious to having to torrent a game you own and have installed, so I'd be very thankful ^^

Hey guys. I've gone through a few pages of this thread, but I just have a quick question. I haven't started this novel yet, so would you recommend that I download the Steam patch from the OP, or wait for the Moenovel / original Japanese patches to be released and use those instead? I only intend on playing through it once, so I'd prefer to get the whole experience, but I have an urge to play it soon. Thanks!

@メルP

Do you have a recommended thread somewhere on the internet to keep up with updates on your translation work? If so, would you be so kind as to provide it so I may follow those updates? I recall you stating you do not follow or update this thread often.

Also, is it documented somewhere what percentage of completeness this translation patch is? Any routes not translated, things like that?

Thanks and apologies in advance for any redundant inquiries.

@メルP

Do you have a recommended thread somewhere on the internet to keep up with updates on your translation work? If so, would you be so kind as to provide it so I may follow those updates? I recall you stating you do not follow or update this thread often.

Also, is it documented somewhere what percentage of completeness this translation patch is? Any routes not translated, things like that?

Thanks and apologies in advance for any redundant inquiries.

You are misunderstanding something. I don't do translation. At this moment, for this novel only one translation exists - official one (and fan-translated h-scenes). Any patch in existence has this translation. As for updated version of my patch, there are no plans to make one. But if anything will change, it will likely appear here

• 3 weeks later...

All that's available right now, is the old Restoration patch (and it has pretty much raw MoeNovel TL). No Re-Translated scripts were released so far, due to hacking delays first, and a QC delay right now (feel free to send Dragoon a motivational kick in the butt :P).

I don't think applocale is the problem, as far as I'm aware the restoration patch isn't really compatible with the steam version of the game.

A steam compatible version is in the works I believe but won't be ready for a while.

I suggest waiting or getting a different version of the game... not implying anything.

:illya: 

A steam compatible version is in the works I believe but won't be ready for a while.

Steam-compatible patch was in the works, but then RusAnon quit. Currently, nobody from our team feels like touching the Steam-version, so we are only planning to release patches for the original JP and MoeNovel's non-Steam versions.

Will the second patch require japanese system locale?

It should work without JP locale, but I'll say that for sure only after the final version will be made. :P

@Pabloc

What would you guys need to do exactly to the game files so the patch could be steam-compatible?

You'd have to make entirely separate patch for the Steam version from scratch. Other than that, I have no idea, I'm not a hacker. :P

So I've been reading through multiple forums and such. I downloaded the game installed the patch like it says to and the sprites in the first scene were not there and I was getting a bunch of legacy errors with kanji as the description. Seeing how I can't read Japanese I didn't know what to do. I tried everything possible (not really) but I finally found a solution. 

I downloaded a Locale Emulator and made a preset to read Japanese unicode.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game + the restoration patch. 

I changed a few files. (listed below)

Deleted GRAPHIC.arc

Renamed Graphic.arc.bkp to Graphic.arc

Deleted the original Rio.arc and renamed Rio.arc.bkp to Rio.arc

I my self think I was pretty lucky to find a solution my self seeing how I don't know anything about file associations and the works.

I then moved the game directory to my desktop (no it doesn't have to be in your C: drive like numerous others say.) 

I ran it with the Locale Emulator Japanese(Admin) preset and it worked perfectly. I've been playing since this morning and no legacy errors all the way up to the first story arc. 

Hopefully I've helped some others solve the patch problem but if this hasn't. Best of luck to you. :D

That doesn't make sense. With that changes your game should not have the H-Scenes I think, or at least not all of them. Also, the game should not be re-translated since you deleted Rio.arc and renamed Rio.arc.bkp to Rio.arc. Just sayin'...

I don't know really. There's no nudity in the original English release right? But I'm on Kotori's route at the moment and all of the h-scenes are there and it's all translated. 

and a QC delay right now (feel free to send Dragoon a motivational kick in the butt :P).

Aimu sori ;_;

It's like 1.5 weeks left and an unfinished game, so that'll be some sleepless nights and stress.

After that I'll have time to get on to QCing.

Aimu sori ;_;

It's like 1.5 weeks left and an unfinished game, so that'll be some sleepless nights and stress.

Although it's probably too late for many, people still deserve to read this one the way it's meant to be read. You're doing god's work here, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Aimu sori ;_;

Been patiently waiting to play this game as its meant to be played after I finished the first half and quickly noticed the degrading quality. That being said I would never be able to read it as its meant to be read without your hard work so you have my utmost gratitude <3~. I couldn't be any happier to recieve this news.

...please do not use AppLocale if you can avoid it, it can and will cause bugs. First though, check that the file it's mentioning is in fact in the folder you have these things in... if you can post a picture of the contents of the folder you put the game in, that would maybe help.

First of all, the weird characters indicate that you're still not in Japanese locale...

Second, it looks like the way the patch works  does make backup files but otherwise changes the data permanently. If you don't want to just re-install, rename each file which name ends with .bkp to not have .bkp in it any more, deleting the ones that have the same name minus the .bkp.