Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

I'll be able to provide more reliable testing with Windows 8 once I have a chance to download the patch.

I haven't had any issues installing the QC versions of the patch, though.

You don't actually need to dl it, just dl Rio.arc from patch folder and replace as always, other files are exactly same as before.

You don't actually need to dl it, just dl Rio.arc from patch folder and replace as always, other files are exactly same as before.

Oh, I know.

I've just been without internet since it went up, and the connection I'm on now won't let me connect to download it.

Well, the only issue I'm getting is one I already had that I assumed was due to the patch being incomplete during QC.

The sprites almost never show, with errors being thrown instead every time a sprite is supposed to show or change.

Running apply_difs.bat requires that you either have the game installed in a directory that doesn't require admin, or that you run the .bat as admin and then edit the bat to specify the program files directory.

I just set my program files folder to not require admin, but the easiest method is just installing to a different directory.

Well, the only issue I'm getting is one I already had that I assumed was due to the patch being incomplete during QC.

The sprites almost never show, with errors being thrown instead every time a sprite is supposed to show or change.

This issue happens only if it could not patch chip* files.

Thanks for this patch. Everything worked correctly the first time, probably because I never install games on my system hard disk. The game is better than expected as well, I'm almost starting to regret not buying it. But I, like many of you, refuse to support the translation studio if they continue to censor visual novels.

Then patch wasn't installed correctly. Do you have "chip1.arc.bkp" and so on files in your game directory?

Once I can get mine patched properly, which won't be for a while since I have to reinstall due to accidentally deleting one of the backups, I'll probably throw together a simple installer exe to make things easier and avoid issues like this in the future.

It would make it easier for me if you could upload your patched .arcs, though.

Here is the batch file i use to fix both the UAC and file not found

Ive tested it on 64-bit systems and it works on it however it is not to be copied to the install directory but rather in its own directory as part of the script involves copying all files in the current directory to the default installation directory.

@echo off

:: BatchGotAdmin

:-------------------------------------

REM --> Check for permissions

>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"

REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.

if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (

echo Requesting administrative privileges...

goto UACPrompt

) else ( goto gotAdmin )

:UACPrompt

echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

exit /B

:gotAdmin

if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ( del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" )

pushd "%CD%"

CD /D "%~dp0"

:--------------------------------------

IF "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"=="AMD64" (

echo "Running 64-bit Install"

xcopy .\* "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS\"

cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS"

goto Install

) ELSE (

echo "Running 32-bit Install"

xcopy .\* "%ProgramFiles%\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS\"

cd "%ProgramFiles%\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS"

goto Install

)

:Install

@echo on

xdelta3.exe -d -s CHIP4.arc Chip4.arc.diff chip4.arc.new

ren CHIP4.arc CHIP4.arc.bkp

ren chip4.arc.new CHIP4.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s Chip1.arc chip1.arc.diff chip1.arc.new

ren Chip1.arc Chip1.arc.bkp

ren chip1.arc.new Chip1.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s CHIP2.arc chip2.arc.diff chip2.arc.new

ren CHIP2.arc CHIP2.arc.bkp

ren chip2.arc.new CHIP2.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s CHIP3.arc Chip3.arc.diff chip3.arc.new

ren CHIP3.arc CHIP3.arc.bkp

ren chip3.arc.new CHIP3.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s CHIP5.arc Chip5.arc.diff chip5.arc.new

ren CHIP5.arc CHIP5.arc.bkp

ren chip5.arc.new CHIP5.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s CHIP6.arc Chip6.arc.diff chip6.arc.new

ren CHIP6.arc CHIP6.arc.bkp

ren chip6.arc.new CHIP6.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s Graphic.arc graphic.arc.diff graphic.arc.new

ren Graphic.arc Graphic.arc.bkp

ren graphic.arc.new Graphic.arc

xdelta3.exe -d -s Voice.arc voice.arc.diff voice.arc.new

ren Voice.arc Voice.arc.bkp

ren voice.arc.new Voice.arc

ren Rio.arc Rio.arc.bkp

ren Rio.arc.new Rio.arc

%pause

EDIT: please note that running this as administrator WILL copy over files from sys32 and not the patch files

Don't know if you still need any more translators/editors, but I'd love to help you guys out. I've been studying Japanese for 2 years, and I've got the mother of all grammar dictionaries to help me out if I get stuck on a line at some point. I'm an intermediate level japanese speaker. PM me here, I suppose.

Patch works great. Seems even original save files can still be played post-patch. Though that's not consistent. Some saves can't be played. Seems when I load them, I get just bg image with music playing but no text box or anything.

Then patch wasn't installed correctly. Do you have "chip1.arc.bkp" and so on files in your game directory?

Yea its looks like patch wasnt installed correctly so i reinstalled game and now is working fine

.. thank you Rusanon so much :)

I have a few problems and it's driving me crazy, I hope someone can help me. First of all, I can't save. At all. And there is that thing when there's no background except for the people who are talking at the moment, for example: http://i.imgur.com/O60Ccot.jpg

And the worst one, the game crashes here (plus she has no voice for some reason): http://i.imgur.com/ZhXS6Wt.jpg

I get no errors though.

That's what I get when I start "appy_diffs.bat" without admin: http://i.imgur.com/Wqqd4v8.jpg

And with admin: http://i.imgur.com/n8ZgX9u.jpg

Thanks in advance....

If you try running the .bat again, you'll get the first one.. The command is basically, rename this patch file to the name of the original one. So the patch files won't be called that after you run it the first time. It also changes the old files to add .bkp to the end of them. So it will give that error.

Make sure you have the original game installed (ideally not in program files), copy the contents of the .zip file into that folder and run the .bat.

also to answer the question about saving. Please make sure the folder is not read only. Right click the folder, properties and uncheck "Read-Only".

Hopefully these should solve your issues.

If you try running the .bat again, you'll get the first one.. The command is basically, rename this patch file to the name of the original one. So the patch files won't be called that after you run it the first time. It also changes the old files to add .bkp to the end of them. So it will give that error.

Make sure you have the original game installed (ideally not in program files), copy the contents of the .zip file into that folder and run the .bat.

also to answer the question about saving. Please make sure the folder is not read only. Right click the folder, properties and uncheck "Read-Only".

Hopefully these should solve your issues.

Umm.. it has to be the original game? Because I have the one MoeNovel released.

Sorry I mean the MoeNovel version.

Ah, okay. By the way, I did everything as you said and that's how I get these issues.

Edit: The saving seems to be working now, thanks for the tip. However, it still keeps crashing, although I can just skip it, and re-read the part I skipped at the "log". And the problem with the black backgrounds is still unsolved and it's gotten pretty annoying, the characters are showing just fine though.

This is how it works in my version,

http://rghost.net/private/47443743/ff33497530477989987490ae0d85379e.view

You mean this scene?

Yes, in that scene, Kanako's CG even didn't show up, only the background picture was shown.

Extra :

1.) Kotori didn't show up when Aoi and Kotori first met in windy Kazegaure.

I'm still playing it, maybe bugs report will be updated.

I have a few problems and it's driving me crazy, I hope someone can help me. First of all, I can't save.

Something really wrong is going on here, so we probably should figure out this one first.

You didn't run out of disk space, did you?

Also, does it throw any errors?