Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

they're all manual raw TLs, the moenovel TLs are actually not that bad (just bad english),

i was mistaken when i saw something weird, i thought "why does this not match!!?"

turns out i was actually looking at censorship. that's why the translation didn't match the Japanese.

altho haven't really looked at enough of the MN script to be able to tell overall quality.

but that's besides the point. im not tinfoil or their kin (elitists) so it doesn't bother me. To them it means The World.

To me translation quality comes when the market demands it.

And the market demands crunchyroll subs.

Here's an idea for RusAnon that might make it easier for everyone working with the text:

Forget about the newlines completely. If there's any existing ones in the script, strip them out.

Figure out the maximum width of lines and upon insertion, process the text through a wordwrap filter to insert linebreaks where needed.

You could still allow explicit linebreaks with \n in the very rare case that it's significant.

Counting characters and worrying about where to put linebreaks is technical details. That's what we do. Translators and editors shouldn't need to concern themselves with that. Of course this is much more relevant when translating than editing, but it helps too.

Well, keeping them in edited lines misplaced them and made them useless anyway, so yeah, I'm going to use box width to split lines automatically.

Other than editing senior to senpai would we be looking to change something like Mr. Mochizuki to Mochizuki-Sensei and looking for other honorifics in the original japanese text.

I'd prefer to do that personally, but it'd be better for a TLC to go through and add in all honorifics after most editing is done...

I hope someone will volunteer to do that at some point, though it will be a lot of work.

Searching through the scripts for the common honorific kanji may speed it up?

Another topic: What's with the tense in this text? I've been getting a bad feeling about some random tense changes throughout the text, but I just found a line with a tense change half way through. Ugh.

Now that the rain has stopped, countless stars are\nprojected on the calm surface of the lake.

I hate these, always hard to know which is correct, but be sure to keep on the lookout, everyone.

Another topic: What's with the tense in this text? I've been getting a bad feeling about some random tense changes throughout the text, but I just found a line with a tense change half way through. Ugh.

Now that the rain has stopped, countless stars are\nprojected on the calm surface of the lake.

I hate these, always hard to know which is correct, but be sure to keep on the lookout, everyone.

That sentence is grammatically correct as is, though.

Whoops, I totally pasted the wrong line...

Then, holding onto the railing of the promenade,\nI leaned towards the lake.

Immediately after, we have

Goes from past tense "leaned" to present tense "Now that".

Hmm.. I think it's best to make "Now that" to "Since".. Or add "Finally" before "Stopped" to make it seem naturally since

"Now that the rain stopped" without the "Finally" seems to make the sentence unfit to be added with the first one.

Whichever you like is up to you... Though "Since" might be more natural.

But making "Now that" to "Since" or "Finally" would both require you to put, rather it's mandatory to put, "Now" before the word "Projected".

they're all manual raw TLs, the moenovel TLs are actually not that bad (just bad english),

i was mistaken when i saw something weird, i thought "why does this not match!!?"

turns out i was actually looking at censorship. that's why the translation didn't match the Japanese.

altho haven't really looked at enough of the MN script to be able to tell overall quality.

but that's besides the point. im not tinfoil or their kin (elitists) so it doesn't bother me. To them it means The World.

To me translation quality comes when the market demands it.

And the market demands crunchyroll subs.

lol please forgive me, tinfoil and other ""ëlitists"" for giving a shit how something reads and sounds

"Then, holding onto the railing of the promenade,\nI leaned towards the lake."

"Now that the rain has stopped, countless stars are\nprojected on the calm surface of the lake."

I don't think the meaning is confusing. If you really care though,

"Then, while holding onto the railing of the promenade, I leaned over to get a better view"

"Since the rain had stopped, I could see countless stars projected on the calm surface of the lake"

"Now that the rain has stopped, countless stars are\nprojected on the calm surface of the lake."

I don't think the meaning is confusing. If you really care though,

"Then, while holding onto the railing of the promenade, I leaned over to get a better view"

"Since the rain had stopped, I could see countless stars projected on the calm surface of the lake"

Well but if you're going to edit it all the way why half-assed right

"Since/ Now that the rain has finally stopped, I could see that countless stars were now projected on the calm surface of the lake"

That's the best for me.>

Is it too late to volunteer for editing? If not, I'd love to help. Fixing crappy English would be easy enough for me.

I should have patch ready today with all game-breaking bugs fixed, so at this point its better to assist us with QC — just play through it several times and write down all lines which are wrong/unnatural/obscure. You can also provide your own variant for them.

I should have patch ready today with all game-breaking bugs fixed, so at this point its better to assist us with QC — just play through it several times and write down all lines which are wrong/unnatural/obscure. You can also provide your own variant for them.

I must be really slow as hell. Is it just Asa route or are other routes done as well?

Alright, I'll try.

I must be really slow as hell. Is it just Asa route or are other routes done as well?

kotori is done as well

by me :P

No, you are not slow, Ageha is still only half-way tl'ed for example. No need to rush your part.

Kotori is still not edited, so its only Asa for now.

kotori is done as well

by me :P/>

Is it just us? Rusanon said something about 5 translators which confused me.

No, you are not slow, Ageha is still only half-way tl'ed for example. No need to rush your part.

Kotori is still not edited, so its only Asa for now.

That's reassuring. Translating sex scenes is really different from what I'm used to so I'm taking twice as long on them as I should be.

Ok, all bugs fixed. At least I could get to Asa route on auto-skip from beginning. Patch is uploaded, but still need to write howto and add installation script, too tired to do it now, so I'll PM links everyone who asked to do QC tomorrow morning.

Ok, all bugs fixed. At least I could get to Asa route on auto-skip from beginning. Patch is uploaded, but still need to write howto and add installation script, too tired to do it now, so I'll PM links everyone who asked to do QC tomorrow morning.

Awesome, thanks for getting it out there as quickly as you did.