Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Quick question about the compatibility of the patch, will this only work on hard copies or will digital dl's from play-asia work as well?

Also I wouldn't mind giving a hand on editing, however I haven't done it before.

Thanks for doing this I think I'll actually buy this now.

Quick question about the compatibility of the patch, will this only work on hard copies or will digital dl's from play-asia work as well?

Also I wouldn't mind giving a hand on editing, however I haven't done it before.

Thanks for doing this I think I'll actually buy this now.

The first post says it will be compatible with the play-asia version.

I believe it will work with any EN version, since it would be weird for them to have different data files, but this has to be checked.

Actually, it would be nice if someone could check hashes of files from different versions of EN release (hard copy, play-asia DD, MG DD). My copy has these:

18778985b239919f30ba90b6c1ae2058 Voice.arc

957c6142056f9b790143e69d1f2e078d Rio.arc

7c46ebacc191b3e162a924f7093743fb GRAPHIC.arc

Unauthorized modifications constitute a breach of copyright, if the company chooses to go after it. Providing a place to congregate and organize a breach of copyright could be legally problematic in a similar manner as torrent sites (after all, they don't host content either). I'm not passing any judgment; I'm simply pointing out that Aaeru should make it clear what she plans to do in the event of a C&D (if not to the public at large, at least in private to the other project members).

EULAs are not copyright. They can deny you support, but if you aren't distributing copyrighted material* they can't come after you. You own your hard drive, you bought it, you own the bits. Copyright may prevent you from sharing those bits with others but it doesn't get in the way of what you do with your copy (who's to know who did or didn't change their copy anyway.)

*This is why patches should always be distributed delta-encoded from the original --- the user will need an original copy to apply the patch, otherwise the patch is nothing more than random data.

EULAs are not copyright. They can deny you support, but if you aren't distributing copyrighted material* they can't come after you. You own your hard drive, you bought it, you own the bits. Copyright may prevent you from sharing those bits with others but it doesn't get in the way of what you do with your copy (who's to know who did or didn't change their copy anyway.)

*This is why patches should always be distributed delta-encoded from the original --- the user will need an original copy to apply the patch, otherwise the patch is nothing more than random data.

All the things I wanted to write put down just in the last post XDDDD It's exactly as said. Have anyne thought of why there are patches for games (Random examples) like GTAIV in which you can go as a character from some anime, this also was on the GTA San Andreas, and a lot of games which have similar fashions?.

I consider this Patchs "Addons" to the game. You have the game, you have the addon, you have what you want.

Really looking forward for this. At first i really sad when MoeNovel released it with no H-scenes, even they removed the kissing scene. But this project really made me want to play it again. I'm sorry that i couldn't be help in other than moral support :mellow: Wish you all the best for this project, and i think most of Indonesia vn readers are looking forward it too. Thank You for the project once again!

Ok, I believe I've sent a PM/email to everyone who offered help on editing. Please PM me if I missed you.

Also, first post has updated stats on lines. Overall lines to edit are a bit higher than original estimation, but these cannot really be omitted because it would be weird to have h-scenes not connected to other story. 8000 lines is still reasonable amount for 5 translators.

Hi all editors!

Just a few things to take note of:

American English.

Replace senior with senpai.

The \n's you see scattered around stand for newlines - i.e., a textual representation of the enter button. Make sure they exist in your edited lines at approximately the same position as the unedited lines, otherwise the edited line may overflow out of the textbox ingame. It can all be fixed, of course, but it's just more work.

Be sure to maintain single quotes in spoken lines.

Copyright may prevent you from sharing those bits with others but it doesn't get in the way of what you do with your copy (who's to know who did or didn't change their copy anyway.)

The intention here isn't for RusAnon to make a patch to apply to his own game. He's making a patch for mass distribution. MoeNovel could C&D him just like Mangagamer C&D'd Aaeru.

MoeNovel could C&D him just like Mangagamer C&D'd Aaeru.

They could? They can express their wish. Whether to grant this wish or not is up to RusAnon. Besides I'm pretty sure this patch will be done by different people if this project for some reason canceled.

Fellas, could someone please explain to me how this patch would (as some people have been saying 'round some places) encourage piracy? I can't wrap my head around that, so it'd be nice to have some other insights.

It encourages piracy in the sense that intellectual property advocates claim that creation of something gives the creator vast, absurd rights to control everyone who comes into possession of their creation. Like that time I installed an upright dildo on my computer chair and violated the rights of Office Depot.

If needed I can move all the piracy/CnD/morality discussion to the topic of Konosora in VN talk.

Just say so RusAnon and ill do it. (don't want to do it unless you feel its absolutely necessary, as it then confuses people "where are my posts" etc. So only if you really think its out of hand.)

It encourages piracy in the sense that intellectual property advocates claim that creation of something gives the creator vast, absurd rights to control everyone who comes into possession of their creation. Like that time I installed an upright dildo on my computer chair and violated the rights of Office Depot.

except that it didn't just come into people's possession. people had to buy it.

The \n's you see scattered around stand for newlines - i.e., a textual representation of the enter button. Make sure they exist in your edited lines at approximately the same position as the unedited lines, otherwise the edited line may overflow out of the textbox ingame. It can all be fixed, of course, but it's just more work.
Here's an idea for RusAnon that might make it easier for everyone working with the text:

Forget about the newlines completely. If there's any existing ones in the script, strip them out.

Figure out the maximum width of lines and upon insertion, process the text through a wordwrap filter to insert linebreaks where needed.

You could still allow explicit linebreaks with \n in the very rare case that it's significant.

Counting characters and worrying about where to put linebreaks is technical details. That's what we do. Translators and editors shouldn't need to concern themselves with that. Of course this is much more relevant when translating than editing, but it helps too.

except that it didn't just come into people's possession. people had to buy it.

Yeah, somebody had to buy it originally, but I worded it that way because IP laws supposedly constrict not only the buyer but everyone.

Guys, really, please move unrelated to actual TL discussions to MN thread. Speculating on "what if" scenarios and piracy overall doesn't help project at all.

I disagree, as one should always expect the worst (and plan accordingly) while hoping for the best. But I'll respect your request.