Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Hello :D

I recently bought the game from Steam, and found it a bit disappointing in terms of spell cheking (played 1h and found 3 typos), so I wanted to help with this project somehow.

I don't know japanese, but I'd like to know if there is anything I can do.

Trying sending a pm to either RusAnon or Pabloc. They're the guys you should look for.

Hello :D

I recently bought the game from Steam, and found it a bit disappointing in terms of spell cheking (played 1h and found 3 typos), so I wanted to help with this project somehow.

I don't know japanese, but I'd like to know if there is anything I can do.

3 typos in 1 hour? It took you a whole hour to read 10 lines...? :P

Okay, jokes aside. If you want to help, QC and feedback is always appreciated, so grab the updated patch (as soon as it will be done - that is, in the unforeseeable, but probably near~ish future), read common and Kotori's routes, and report any errors. ^^

I havent kept track of this project too well and just wanted to ask pabloc how many of the routes are done besides kotori if any and if your patience with this translation does come to an end due to the lack of help would you be releasing a partial patch or at least the translated scripts so that others could take up the translation instead.

On another note i would like to say i think the work thats been done is fantastic and i do hope you keep it up for as long as you can.

I havent kept track of this project too well and just wanted to ask pabloc how many of the routes are done besides kotori if any and if your patience with this translation does come to an end due to the lack of help would you be releasing a partial patch or at least the translated scripts so that others could take up the translation instead.

On another note i would like to say i think the work thats been done is fantastic and i do hope you keep it up for as long as you can.

As for other progress, it's temporarily on-hold, since I decided to quickly revise the common route before the new patch (it still needed some work, especially the very beginning).

So basically, you're comparing the work you did when you started to what you're doing now and noticing how terrible of a job you did back then?

Yeah, something like that. It wasn't THAT terrible though - the main problem was being far too lenient with fixing errors. At the beginning I had "it's just a TLC" approach, so I was only fixing the biggest screw ups. Also, some stuff was inconsistent with how I wrote things later on.

It's quite motivating to see how my translation quality has improved over this last year. It reassured me that this project is well worth the effort. ^^

Just thought I would ask, as I noticed it as I was playing the novel. Around the part when Amane first moves into the FFM(Flying Fish Manor!), according to the voice acting, Kotori and Ageha start talking about how it is more or less 'familiar' to talk to each other using their given names. But the english text translates the whole dialog as if they were talking about how it is more or less 'familair' to push her wheelchair. Was this intended localization or something that carried over from the orginal translation? Anyways, just thought I'd let you know. Cheers!

^ Form what I heard, the current patch causes plenty of bugs with Steam version. Either get an old Fuwa torrent, or wait for the Steam-compatible patch, that should be done eventually.

Yeah, I know that it definitely disables the Steam achievements, and the Steam reviews are a pretty good way to see what other bugs are caused from the interaction between the patch and the Steam version of IMHHW.

Also, there never was a torrent for IMHHW on Fuwa.  It's been confirmed by global mods.  Also, you can't post a thread looking for a torrent of a licensed games on Fuwa, so...if you want a non-Steam version, you're gonna either have to buy it, or look for a torrent yourself.  Rules are rules  :/

@Zenophilious

Oh, I meant "torrent compatible with old Fuwa patch", but I shortened it to an obviously misleading "Fuwa torrent" for some mysterious reason. That's what happens when you are writing mltiple posts on various forums simultaneously. >_<

@Erogamer

That's still $21 too much. :P

I'm looking forward to the new patch coming out, and I am likely keeping this game on backlog until it does. Keep up the good work, everyone involved in this effort. I really appreciate it.

@Erogamer

That's still $21 too much. :P

$11 is $21 too much? You want to be payed to play this game?

$11 really isn't much. I just bought the game at that price. I spent more on a glass of wine not too long ago, so I didn't feel bad about it. $11 for a good visual novel is an incredible value.

I love this VN. I haven't read that many, but this one is definitely my favorite. I love the story, the hilarious characters, the visuals and art, and everything about it. I would love to know of more amazing Visual Novels like this, but that's not main reason I am posting. I've completed all but the Amane and Yoru routes, as of posting this. I have seen lots of typos and mistakes. I can tell just by listening to the characters speak that what they are saying and what appears on screen is not always the same. Even so, I love this VN. I already think it's amazing and I love reading it. But I would love to read it even more with a more faithful translation. And I thank everyone who has been translating, especially Pabloc, since from what I can tell, he has been doing most of the translating these days. I want to help. I don't know how I could, since I'm one of those American people, and I don't have any Japanese knowledge. But I would do anything I could to help. Whether that's checking over what has already been translated to see if it sounds/looks good, or even throwing a few bucks this way (I'm not even sure how I would do that, but I would), or even if I CAN'T help, just know, I fully offer and will lend my support if possible. Thanks  :D

Edit: Wow. I just learned there are a couple um, fan discs? (I'd prefer to use the word "expansion", but that's just me). called Flight Diary and Snow Presents. Of course they are only in Japanese, but I love this story so much that part of me wants to learn Japanese, or at least, as much as I'd need to read Visual Novels, which is probably easier (though I'd have no idea how to start). They are kinda my secret passion. NO ONE MUST KNOW BUT PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW ME. Regardless, still offering any support I can.

Reading Ageha's route and I am very close to dropping the VN. The translation is downright the worst thing I have laid my eyes upon. I have almost no idea what is even going on because it's just an unreadable mess. The translator frequently make mistakes that are so simple that even I, who have almost no knowledge in Japanese, won't make. I can't even count how many times they used 'I' instead of 'you'. Can't believe people are paid to do that.

/rant

Reading Ageha's route and I am very close to dropping the VN. The translation is downright the worst thing I have laid my eyes upon. I have almost no idea what is even going on because it's just an unreadable mess. The translator frequently make mistakes that are so simple that even I, who have almost no knowledge in Japanese, won't make. I can't even count how many times they used 'I' instead of 'you'. Can't believe people are paid to do that.

/rant

Yep. Join the club, mate. 

Oh, and remember, that's a professional team who made a commercial release.

If you really are going to continue reading just be aware that all other routes are much better than Ageha's. At the very least, they're readable.

If you really are going to continue reading just be aware that all other routes are much better than Ageha's. At the very least, they're readable.

Thanks for the heads up, it really helps as I am loving this VN a lot and really don't want to drop it. Glad to hear that the other routes are, at the very least, readable. 

I've been hearing everyone say that the translation was absolutely terrible. Granted, I know nothing of Japanese, and I have noticed (having listened to all the audio), that it seems the words don't always match with the audio. Having completed ALL routes now, I've noticed a lot of typos and mistakes, which kinda sucks, but it never really bothered me. I just loved the story. How bad did they mess up in the translation? I still thought the story was excellent.

@Tenkuru

I recommend dropping it for now. Other routes may be somewhat readable, but the TL is still completely messed up. Some characters randomly act like idiots or assholes, half of the jokes disappear and you only get the general idea what is going on. I'm talking about common route and Kotori's route so far. The twins' routes might be worse, the first script was kinda overflowing with nonsense. Oh, and the English is generally awful, too. If you like the VN, wait a long while and read it with actually passable TL.

@Zacbuscus

You're welcome. ^^

For now I think we have enough staff in terms of editors, but once the whole thing (or at least partial Stem re-translation patch) will be released, some QC will be definitely necessary. You can help then.

As for fandisks, yeah - learning Japanese is the best option. It will be faster than waiting for translations. Start with Tae Kim's grammar guide.

PS: It's "he". I kinda forgot to fill that field in my profile. :P