Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Just copy all the patch files in the restoration patch into the game. Replace things if prompted to.

Then run apply_diffs.bat in the game's directory.

That should be about it.

And also, always secure a backup.

You might mess up, so restarting the installation process might be a necessary option in the future.

Kotori's route is done. Right now I'm sitting cross-legged and meditating, in an attempt to regain motivation to get back to work on twins' mini-common route, because after the first 100-or-so lines, TL-quality turned out to be - surprise - a trainwreck (really now, I don't even know why I expected anything better...).

Here are some samples:

1) Nothing major, but that's the very first line... (Asa's grandpa says this)

JP: 「亜紗。人がなぜ空に憧れるか、知ってるか?」

MN: "Asa. Do you know why people admire birds so much?"

TL: "Asa, do you know why people long for the sky so much?"

2) Minor spoiler for the common route:

JP: 活動場所の消滅に顧問の不在、さまざまな問題に苛まれつつも、俺たちはついにソアリング部を再開することが出来た。

まぁ、正式にソアリング部が復活したというわけでなく、朱莉さんがやや強引に行使したであろう、生徒会権限を使っての応急処置ではあるが、それでも――。

MN: Despite difficulties such as losing our place to gather and the absence of our advisor, we managed to start up our Soaring Club activities again.

To be honest, rather than Soaring Club just starting back up on its own, it was more a matter of Akari using the rights of the student government as an emergency measure.

TL: Even though there were various obstacles, such as demolition of the garage and lack of advisor, the Soaring Club have resumed it's activities.

Well, it wasn't reestablished officially, it was more like a temporary recovery thanks to Akari-san using the powers of the student council. But still...

3) Nice contradiction (unless pretending to cry counts as honest reaction for some reason):

JP: 泣くような仕草をして、凹んで見せる亜紗ちゃん。

素直に反応を返してくれると、相手をしていて嬉しいし楽しい。

MN: Asa put on an upset face, pretending to cry.

She was fun to talk to, reacting honestly to what I said.

TL: Asa-chan looked depressed, like she could cry any minute.

Her honest reactions make her a fun person to talk with.

4) They sure like to twist the meaning.

JP: 俺としては、周囲のことを気にして人と接するなんてあまり好きではないから、亜紗ちゃんのその言葉が嬉しい。

MN: I don't really like to worry too much about what other people think about me, so I was glad Asa felt that way too.

TL: I don't really like to deal with people who worry about what others think too much, so Asa-chan's words made me happy.

5) Probably the best one. Asa uses windmills as an example here. The first line was pretty much gibberish and the second was completely out of context and didn't quite connect to the conversation.

JP: 「風を受けて回っ だけのものだから、凄く簡単で\n お手軽に見えるけど、実はちょっと、不完全」

「考え方によっては、自分たちが役に立つ環境を見つける\n ことの方が難しかったりもする、らしいです。\n 全部、受け売りですけどね」

MN: "Since the windmills just blow around in the wind, they look so simple and easy, but they're actually kind of incomplete."

"Depending on how you look at it, it's actually harder to find an environment for yourself where you can be useful. Or that's what I've been told."

TL: "Since the windmills just rotate in the wind, they seem very uncomplicated and cheap, but they actually aren't that perfect."

"Following that way of thinking, it's finding the environment where one could be useful that can be the difficult part. Of course, I'm only repeating what I have heard."

Those are just my few picks from the first lines (last one is 112), there's even more BS there (not to even mention extremely crappy writing style) and I highly doubt it will improve later (in case of Kotori's route, the beginning was actually better than the later part...). I'm getting kinda tired of this shit.

Kotori's route is done. Right now I'm sitting cross-legged and meditating, in an attempt to regain motivation to get back to work on twins' mini-common route, because after the first 100-or-so lines, TL-quality turned out to be - surprise - a trainwreck (really now, I don't even know why I expected anything better...).

Here are some samples:

MN: Despite difficulties such as losing our place to gather and the absence of our advisor, we managed to start up our Soaring Club activities again.

To be honest, rather than Soaring Club just starting back up on its own, it was more a matter of Akari using the rights of the student government as an emergency measure.

TL: Even though there were various obstacles, such as demolition of the garage and lack of advisor, the Soaring Club have resumed it's activities.

Well, it wasn't reestablished officially, it was more like a temporary recovery thanks to Akari-san using the powers of the student council. But still...

3) Nice contradiction (unless pretending to cry counts as honest reaction for some reason):

MN: I don't really like to worry too much about what other people think about me, so I was glad Asa felt that way too.

TL: I don't really like to deal with people who worry about what others think too much, so Asa-chan's words made me happy.

5) Probably the best one. Asa uses windmills as an example here. The first line was pretty much gibberish and the second was completely out of context and didn't quite connect to the conversation.

MN: "Since the windmills just blow around in the wind, they look so simple and easy, but they're actually kind of incomplete."

"Depending on how you look at it, it's actually harder to find an environment for yourself where you can be useful. Or that's what I've been told."

TL: "Since the windmills just rotate in the wind, they seem very uncomplicated and cheap, but they actually aren't that perfect."

"Following that way of thinking, it's finding the environment where one could be useful that can be the difficult part. Of course, I'm only repeating what I have heard."

Those are just my few picks from the first lines (last one is 112), there's even more BS there (not to even mention extremely crappy writing style) and I highly doubt it will improve later (in case of Kotori's route, the beginning was actually better than the later part...). I'm getting kinda tired of this shit.

Well, blasted hell. Kotori is done? 

Great job.

I honestly think more people should be aware of this project. I'd hate to have the only person left ragequit due to lack of people helping.

Thank you Pabloc for still trying to translate this car wreck, I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be. I simply dropped IMHHW after reading one hour of the twins arc, it really robbed me any motivation to read further after completing Kotori's route (which was so-so).

Part of what Tiagofvarela said. A complete and decent translation of IMHHW would be cool but it's not cool if just one poor soul has to do all the work alone. So I'd rather have a partial patch released and the translation project put on hold for now before you ragequit :|. It's no use to plague yourself with shitty MN translation if you could dedicate your time to other things/projects where you would have fun.

@Zakamutt

Well sorry, I kinda neglect posting updates. :P

Also, the situation isn't that bad. My friend offered some help with Ageha's route and another translator wanted to give Amane's route a try (though I haven't heard from him since then). Anyway, at least one of those routes should get somewhat fixed before I go for it, so I'll only skim through it to make sure everything is consistent.

Otherwise, I don't know what will I do after twins' routes. My main motivation is improving my Japanese and getting some translating experience after all, and I think I got plenty of that already. I still consider it a great exercise, so I'm not planning to completely abandon KonoSora yet. However, it's quite possible that I'll eventually start translating something else on the side, which will slow down my already sluggish progress here even further. But well, that's not the case for now.

PS. It's not THAT frustrating - after all, most of the time I'm just ignoring MN's BS and translating stuff from scratch. :P

Here are some samples:

Wow...that's...that's just awful.  I'd heard that MoeNovel did a crappy job, but I just thought they meant Engrish, not something as annoying as contradicting sentences and utter nonsense.  You have my sympathies.

It's great that you're making some progress, though.  Even though I can't do jack to help (I can count the Japanese words I know well on two hands; I don't even know any kanji, katakana or hiragana, all I know is bits of Romaji) at least I can provide some moral support.  Keep up the good work! ^_^

Hi, I made an account just to tell you that I'm really glad you're translating this. This VN looks really good, and I haven't read MoeNovel's translation yet, but after all the criticism it has received, I am not really wanting to read that version. Hopefully, you will continue to fully translate this, so thanks for all the hard work  :)

Since this VN is now out on steam, I'm just wondering if the restoration patch will work for the game if it's on steam. I'm really looking forward to play this and I'll wait for as long as it takes for the game to be TLed properly! It sounds really amazing xD (Oh, if it does work for the steam version can someone make a guide on how to use the rest. patch?)

Since this VN is now out on steam, I'm just wondering if the restoration patch will work for the game if it's on steam. I'm really looking forward to play this and I'll wait for as long as it takes for the game to be TLed properly! It sounds really amazing xD (Oh, if it does work for the steam version can someone make a guide on how to use the rest. patch?)

According to someone on r/visualnovels, the restoration patch is compatible with the steam version. I didn't personally buy it so can't give any more details that than, sorry -- try just locating the game folder in steamapps/common and it's probably straightforward to apply the patch from there?

We are planning to release updated version of patch within next few days (if nothing goes wrong), which will be compatible with Steam version.

:o :O :o -Excitement Intensifies-

I better go get steam wallet cards so I can purchase the game then!

I'll be counting down those few days haha xD

Made an account to thank you for the awesome work with the patch.

I'm currently playing the uncensored version, and I do like it, but removing kisses and hugs is just stupid. I'm curious about the changes MoeNovel made, and will play the uncensored version once you get it working.

Btw, as translating this should take you quite some time, I would love to help. As I have no idea of anything japanese (language), I was wondering, do you have someplace where we can donate? I'm not rich or anything, but I could certainly donate some $10-20 for a great job on an enjoyable game. :)

I own the steam version, and the issue I'm running into is that the scenes/backgrounds where there are no character sprites are all black. So in the beginning where he's describing the Flying Fish house, for example, the only scene where I can see anything is when its looking close up at the sign, and the rest is black. I stopped when he is going to class and he's thinking about people from his past/childhood, and yeah, all black screens. Only words.

In the first scene with the wheelchair chick (sorry I was only in the game for a few minutes, didn't get names down), some of the backgrounds are black, just a couple, mostly when you first start talking to her and her sprite/portrait is really close up, there's no background. I hope I can indicate any problems that there might be from my pretty awful description. I downloaded everything as you would normally but put it all in Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/If My ---

I really hopeful that a steam version of the patch gets up and running, I love and appreciate what you guys do so much.

I had the same problem, Totaljester.

Other than the usual of running the game in JP locale, etc, I found disabling D3D9EX from the launcher settings fixes it. (Even on my Win7 machine)
Running it in compatibility for WinXP SP3 may also help, but was not needed in my case.

Remember, guys, these threads aren't for solving technical issues.  They're for questions, praise and encouragement for the translators and heads of the projects, and for status updates.  If you have any issues with patching the Steam version of Kono Oozora, you should head over to Tech Support; if people have found a way around your issue, jester, they'll be there.

Hello :D

I recently bought the game from Steam, and found it a bit disappointing in terms of spell cheking (played 1h and found 3 typos), so I wanted to help with this project somehow.

I don't know japanese, but I'd like to know if there is anything I can do.