Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware, no... 

You can use the original version and be unable to see any of the uncensored and H-Scene CG's, or stick with that messy version and try to use it as much as you can.

It's a common error of the current patch isn't it? Also what i meant is that although the CGs are there when i click the ones in pages other than page 1 nothing happen, they won't appear fullscreen

It's a common error of the current patch isn't it? Also what i meant is that although the CGs are there when i click the ones in pages other than page 1 nothing happen, they won't appear fullscreen

It is an error that they are aware of, but it hasn't been fixed. 

And I know what you meant. You should also be able to notice that some images are in the wrong place and that most don't even work.

Did you move everything into the folder?

If prompted to replace, you should've said yes.

Then run the batch file. I don't know what happens after running it more than one time. But just to be sure, you should run it a single time only.

You should also see a number of operations in which the batch file modifies the original files in the game with the .diff files. The .diff files are essential in making the patch work, as far as I'm concerned.

Running the batch file should take a little while to finish, given that you did everything correctly.

xdelta should also be in the folder.

To know if the patch worked, Moenovel's logo shouldn't appear when starting the game.

I have not run into any problems concerning that, but I cannot play the game, as my problem is entirely different: my screen goes black when I advance the dialogue. Only alt+tab can save me in the situation. But whenever I advance the dialogue again, black screen-kun shoves his love for me.

If all else fails, reinstall and re-patch the game with EVERYTHING concerning the restoration patch inside of it first. Goodluck, Neo_Usui-kun.

i already re-install EVERYTHING, but now i have the same problem as you, black screen-kun and there's no Moenovel's Logo when i started the game. I'm running to a dead end right now

i already re-install EVERYTHING, but now i have the same problem as you, black screen-kun and there's no Moenovel's Logo when i started the game. I'm running to a dead end right now

Moenovel's logo is not supposed to appear after you've patched it with the restoration patch.

I ran to a dead end too. That's precisely why I gave up on trying to play it for now.

Let's go and meet black screen-kun. I'm sure he'll let us pass someday. <3

I should finish the 5th script from Kotori's route somewhere around tomorrow, this will leave 4 scripts to do (probably ~4000 lines). In other words - slow progress.

This is a good occasion for a little summary I guess. It took me 1 year to go over ~20k lines. That's not even half of the work. And while common route had just bad, blind idiot translation, from what I saw in Kotori's route so far, more than half of it is screwed up beyond salvage and requires total re-translation (I posted some samples on VNDB, feel free to check them out - http://vndb.org/t5268#11 ).

Most people claimed that only Ageha's route is awful, but right now I'm almost sure all routes will require MUCH more work than simple TLC to turn them into something actually passable. And at this point, I'm working on it pretty much alone.

This means that with the current pace, there's probably no way the second patch will be finished within a year (unless other routes are in a better shape, but I highly doubt it). If it will be finished at all, that is. I joined this project just to TLC the scripts, not to re-translate half of them from scratch... I'm not planning to drop it just yet, but I can't promise I won't change my mind when I start another route and it will turn out to be as utterly ridiculous as Kotori's. I'm stubborn as a mule, but my patience has some limits.

In other words, I could use some help. It would really speed things up if somebody went through at least 1 or 2 routes (the twins?) and fixed them up a bit. And by "somebody", I mean - translator. Those may be in a decent condition (TL quality fluctuates a lot here), but I'd assume they need a re-translation as well, so just editing them won't help much. If anyone is interested (it's a good chance to get some TL experience), contact RusAnon and get the scripts from him.

We will need some editors too, but that can wait until the TLC/re-translation will closer to the finish.

I'm having the same issue as Neo_Usui. The console is showing several "The file can not be specified" errors. It seems like the solution is to "Run Japanese Locale as Administrator". I'm already on Japanese System Locale. Is that the same or is downloading the link Reeeen gave something different?

• 2 weeks later...

I should finish the 5th script from Kotori's route somewhere around tomorrow, this will leave 4 scripts to do (probably ~4000 lines). In other words - slow progress.

This is a good occasion for a little summary I guess. It took me 1 year to go over ~20k lines. That's not even half of the work. And while common route had just bad, blind idiot translation, from what I saw in Kotori's route so far, more than half of it is screwed up beyond salvage and requires total re-translation (I posted some samples on VNDB, feel free to check them out - http://vndb.org/t5268#11 ).

Most people claimed that only Ageha's route is awful, but right now I'm almost sure all routes will require MUCH more work than simple TLC to turn them into something actually passable. And at this point, I'm working on it pretty much alone.

This means that with the current pace, there's probably no way the second patch will be finished within a year (unless other routes are in a better shape, but I highly doubt it). If it will be finished at all, that is. I joined this project just to TLC the scripts, not to re-translate half of them from scratch... I'm not planning to drop it just yet, but I can't promise I won't change my mind when I start another route and it will turn out to be as utterly ridiculous as Kotori's. I'm stubborn as a mule, but my patience has some limits.

In other words, I could use some help. It would really speed things up if somebody went through at least 1 or 2 routes (the twins?) and fixed them up a bit. And by "somebody", I mean - translator. Those may be in a decent condition (TL quality fluctuates a lot here), but I'd assume they need a re-translation as well, so just editing them won't help much. If anyone is interested (it's a good chance to get some TL experience), contact RusAnon and get the scripts from him.

We will need some editors too, but that can wait until the TLC/re-translation will closer to the finish.

I wish I found out about this second patch during the summer when I had mountains of free time. I really want to be able to offer my help but alas school has something to say about that. I'd be able to help out in December at the very least so here's to hoping you haven't already dropped the project by then.

• 4 weeks later...