Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Hey guys,

Just a little question: I'm currently playing the game and I'm only at the beggining (I mean I just began Kotori's route and haven't done any other route yet) but something is bothering me: the CG's menu. It's a real mess that menu, some CG's are unlocked although I don't have seen them in the game, some miniature represent a picture but when I click to display the CG's full size, it's another picture that appear... And the way some CG's unlocked is weird (I mean they don't follow each other).

Anyway it's really strange so I was wondering if I was the only one who have that bug, if there is a way to fix it (or if it will fix by itself if I finish the game for example) or if it was planned to be fix by the second version of the patch ?

Ero-CGs/H-scene CGs dont have icons enabled so it caused this bug,the first 10-15 CGs are 'arranged' properly but goes astray after the H-scene CGs

Hi guys, I'm really interested in reading this VN. From what I'v read, it seems like Ageha's route is pretty hard to read right now. Should I wait for the 2nd restoration patch before playing this game?

I'd say yes - everything I touched so far (that is - whole common route and part of Kotori's route) was filled with TL screw-ups (including completely incomprehensible lines). I don't even want to imagine how Ageha's route looks like (it's supposedly the worst...).

If you have enough patience to wait an undefined amount of time for the 2nd patch, by all means do so. It should also fix the CG gallery, which is completely broken right now.

Is this game really that good (besides the Moenovel hack job)? I am not interested in flying so I kind of bypassed it.

I don't like moeges, especially those without any fantasy elements, and I'm only reading raw scripts (so without visuals, that are certainly a strong point of this title). And yet, it didn't bore me to death. Quite the contrary - I find it rather enjoyable so far (correction: I would find it enjoyable if I didn't have to deal with this retarded MoeNovel's "translation" - I'm utterly sick of it >_<).

Compared to VNs available in English, it's easily the best "realistic" (that is - without any fantasy elements) moege/charage, and one of the better "realistic" titles in general (well, I liked such titles as Narcissu or Quartett more, but they are from different genres, so it's not the best comparison). As far as all moeges are concerned, I guess I could place it slightly below HoshiMemo. It's hard to say without finishing a single route though.

Anyway, it's a rather decent title overall, with definitely high production values.

I'd say yes - everything I touched so far (that is - whole common route and part of Kotori's route) was filled with TL screw-ups (including completely incomprehensible lines). I don't even want to imagine how Ageha's route looks like (it's supposedly the worst...).

If you have enough patience to wait an undefined amount of time for the 2nd patch, by all means do so. It should also fix the CG gallery, which is completely broken right now.

I don't mind waiting, I have a fairly large backlog of animes to watch and VN's to read anyway :P Just want to ask though, when you say it's really hard to read, are you talking about the first restoration patch or the original translation from MoeNovel?

The first patch didn't fix much in terms of translation, it was meant to quickly restore censored content and not much else. There were some edits here and there, but they resemble applying makeup to the patient that needs a surgery...

Also, what I have are the scripts that were edited even further after the 1st patch was released, so I'm afraid the current patch is even worse. -.-'

Ageha's route has quite some incomprehensible lines with the current translation. There is a moment where I got totally lost and didn't really understand what was going on or what they were talking about or referring to, it was just complete non coherent english. But that scene didn't seem too important as I still understood the entirety of her route and the events that went on so it's playable for the most part.

It is indeed the worse in terms of english right now when compared to the others but it's not game breaking if you're tolerant enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys does the error in the restoration patch is still unfixable? Do I need the second patch to fix it?

Cause i tried many ways to fix it... It always end up having an error. I uninstalled it, change locale, installed fixes.. but it still not working. I followed the suggestions that was posted here and still nothing.. 

I'm still working on it (common route plus ~1/4, maybe 1/3 of Kotori's route are TLC-ed). As for other people... Well, I have no idea if anyone else is still active. It will still need some editing after I'm done, but that should go much faster.

How much time will it take? That's hard to estimate. It won't be done anytime soon, that's for sure. It's a >50k lines long monster after all. It already took much longer than I expected... :/

I just finished the game and I realized that I was missing 3 CG's in the CG's menu and one BGM... So I wanted to know, is that because I missed some part of the game (even if it seems hard because there is not much choice) or is it related to the CG's menu bug ?

I just finished the game and I realized that I was missing 3 CG's in the CG's menu and one BGM... So I wanted to know, is that because I missed some part of the game (even if it seems hard because there is not much choice) or is it related to the CG's menu bug ?

You finished the game? How was it? Is there many annoying bugs? And how's the H-scene (no voice bug or anything right)?

The game was good, I'll give it a 7/10. I didn't notice any annoying bug (except the CG's menu bug but that doesn't prevent from playing the game). However, even if it's not really a bug, the fact that the Ageha route is really hard to understand makes it difficult to play. Honestly I didn't understand half of the route because there is indeed so many lines that don't mean anything. Moreover I'm french so I can understand if it's written in good english x) For the H-scenes, there is no problem with it (except that the H-scenes CG's don't appear in the menu), but in game there is no problems (the voices work perfectly).

Basically, I would say that when you play, even if there is not much bugs, you see that the patch is incomplete (the bad translation is probably the most annoying thing when you play the game, especially in Ageha route). But even so, I think the game is playable even if it's sometimes difficult to understand (but the part where you don't understand anything are really really rare, and even in Ageha route you can understand the whole thing clearly, it's just that sometimes it's difficult and the conversation are totally incoherent).

The game was good, I'll give it a 7/10. I didn't notice any annoying bug (except the CG's menu bug but that doesn't prevent from playing the game). However, even if it's not really a bug, the fact that the Ageha route is really hard to understand makes it difficult to play. Honestly I didn't understand half of the route because there is indeed so many lines that don't mean anything. Moreover I'm french so I can understand if it's written in good english x) For the H-scenes, there is no problem with it (except that the H-scenes CG's don't appear in the menu), but in game there is no problems (the voices work perfectly).

Basically, I would say that when you play, even if there is not much bugs, you see that the patch is incomplete (the bad translation is probably the most annoying thing when you play the game, especially in Ageha route). But even so, I think the game is playable even if it's sometimes difficult to understand (but the part where you don't understand anything are really really rare, and even in Ageha route you can understand the whole thing clearly, it's just that sometimes it's difficult and the conversation are totally incoherent).

I see. Thanks for the information. For now I think I'll just wait for the second patch to be release.

So from what I've read, if they're wearing towels in the Bath scene for Kotori's route, that means the patch didn't install correctly, yes?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.

Edited by TheFantasm

Regarding the game play in these 3 choices unless i choose Kotori i wont meet Amane 

If i chose either Asa or Ageha after saying about the wind blow over Kazegaura is not same  the screen darken a text say time pass out of nowhere they found an adviser and the Soaring club assemble in the runway about to fly then when they flew this text show up and it return me to the main screen also i was wondering why some choices are of limit for instance the 4 choices to either compliment on Ageha, Kotori, Amane or neither  the later to choices was unable to be selected
Thank you for making the restoration patch i really appreciate this work.
Please reply 

So, I can't say I've read through all of the text in these 25 pages, or even past 1 page of text, but if it's already been officially translated, then isn't it out of Fuwanovel's jurisdiction to provide translation?

Not sure what you mean. All Fan-TL matches are illegal by design, it doesn't matter whether there's official translation available.

Well, from what I read of the first post, I assumed MoeNovel was an official company. Sorry if I was mistaken.

Umm, yes, MoeNovel is official company, and belongs to Pulltop, creator of original KonoSora.