Nocturnal Illusion Renewal Translation Project

Nandemonai

Project is not dead.  The editor hasn't been around for awhile; some personal stuff came up he has to deal with.  I've been going through a list of questionable stuff he's been finding and > 85% of the items on it are translation errors :Kappa:

I'm consequently not sure what the actual completion percentage is.  It will come out when it comes out.  I first started working on this in 2011, if I remember correctly.  Definitely I want it over the finish line, but I also don't want to leave it full of errors.  Just because that was good enough for the original translators doesn't mean it's good enough for me :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Slowly.  I've been avoiding posting an update mainly because it's mostly not good news, but I doubt it's likely to change at this point.  Darklord Rooke has disappeared.  The last I heard from him was before Covid and he was more or less disengaged from VNs except for this project (which he seems to have disconnected from sometime after that point).

Looking back at the work I did, I did the best I could using the (limited) tools available at the time, but it's not something I'd want to release.  So I've started retranslating the game from scratch (in between retranslating / editing SKM from scratch and, you know, life).  I'm in the middle of chapter three.  So even if DR were to pop up again, what he'd done would be of questionable usefulness anyhow.

So I'm just going to fly solo.  I'll finish the (re-)retranslation myself, then edit my own work.  The good news is the tools programmer for SKM has given me a preliminary editor I can use to proceed with redoing the TL while he builds a toolchain.

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 5:40 AM, Nandemonai said:

Slowly.  I've been avoiding posting an update mainly because it's mostly not good news, but I doubt it's likely to change at this point.  Darklord Rooke has disappeared.  The last I heard from him was before Covid and he was more or less disengaged from VNs except for this project (which he seems to have disconnected from sometime after that point).

Looking back at the work I did, I did the best I could using the (limited) tools available at the time, but it's not something I'd want to release.  So I've started retranslating the game from scratch (in between retranslating / editing SKM from scratch and, you know, life).  I'm in the middle of chapter three.  So even if DR were to pop up again, what he'd done would be of questionable usefulness anyhow.

So I'm just going to fly solo.  I'll finish the (re-)retranslation myself, then edit my own work.  The good news is the tools programmer for SKM has given me a preliminary editor I can use to proceed with redoing the TL while he builds a toolchain.

How about finding new staff? Just hop on the VNInfo discord or similar places and ask around. 

*Edited the message, because it was unintentionally unfriendly.*

Edited by HataVNI
Edited message to be friendlier