Nocturnal Illusion Renewal Translation Project

Nandemonai

• 1 month later...

Well, the editor was caught in an unholy storm of term papers and final exams that burned with the loathsome fires of Gehenna.  He theoretically escaped today, which of course means he will have had ... a few hours, perhaps, to edit anything.  But now he should be on break.  I'll ping him next week for a status update.

On the coding front, things have been pretty quiet.  Which reminds me, I thought I'd mentioned that before, but double checking, I guess I haven't.  MadPierre flaked, in October mnakamura indicated he would take a look at it but not necessarily right away.  There's no rush since editing is still ongoing.  And when editing is done, I plan on getting this into Asenheim.

So I don't think I need anything right now, no.  Things have just been quiet mostly because of school.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all!

So, there hasn't been progress in a while. And that's entirely my fault. Unfortunately, due to real life concerns, I have been forced to prioritize other things over this project. While I don't want to step down, I don't realistically know when I'll have an opportunity to really work on this.

Thus, if somebody wants to take over this project on the editing side, it won't be painful. The process is actually pretty easy, as Nandemonai has done a phenomenal job on the translating front. It's been a blast working with him, and I wish I could give him the time he deserves, but I hope somebody else will take the reins and get this project up and going!

If not, and if I can find time again, I'll get back to work on it!

Hah.  I think I'll take you up on that, @Darklord Rooke.  Meanwhile, I guess it's time for a new status update post.  A month to the day after I posted the last one saying six weeks was too long in between updates.  Aaarglbaaargl.

In January, Ryechu decided it had been too long since he started working on it, and so he decided to start fresh.  (That is, start over.)  He has, uh, not gotten as far as he had the first time.  Consequently, the project is now 5.2% edited.  (Confession time, this is the reason I didn't post terribly frequent updates in the last few months.  I was attempting to avoid posting a congress update.)

Thank you, @Ryechu, for agreeing to spend your free time on this.  It's just a shame it turned out you don't actually have any.  Best of luck, I know you're crazy busy.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Status update:  Editing is proceeding.  Darklord Rooke has decided to start over.  Editing proceeds somewhat slowly because of Persona 5 and me being in the middle of moving.  Seriously, go play Persona 5.  And then go write complaint letters to Atlus about their shoddy editing.

Thanks for the update!

Spoiler

Word to the wise: @Darklord Rooke is not to be trusted. That's why I've given him access to practically all the secret parts of the site.

• 2 months later...

Sheesh.  Two and a half months later.  Ick ick ick.  Well, I'm out from under the Giant Heap of RPGs.  I beat Torment: Tides of Numenera, gave up on Mass Effect: Andromeda, beat Persona 5, and then beat Trails in the Sky The Third.  (Whew!)

Around the time I resurfaced for air, Darklord Rooke's computer crashed.  He's had to spend time rebuilding it and reassembling his files.  This means that it's not 100% clear where progress is on the project right now (since he wasn't around for awhile).  I'll sync up with him hopefully sometime in the near future and update this thread again.

I'm not dead! I feel happy!

Edited by Nandemonai
I ken spel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if it would be possible to create "hybrid" version, that would combine @Nandemonai's translation, voice acting from Renewal version, but use graphics and music from original version? That would be perfect for me, as for some weird reasons I like the look and sound of original more. I suppose it would require porting to a different engine...

Is Ren'py the answer?

Edited by adamstan