Transition to Live2D, Rate our sprite model ( New Content)

3 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

no doubt. I am treading dangerous waters my friend. Almost everything we do is controversial to someone.

I'm definitely liking the direction your VN is going. I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on it.

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

whot? :amane: she looks perfect and realistic, there is nothing racist here except your comment to be honest even if it wasnt intended xD

Reveal hidden contents

original.jpg

hairstyle-for-black-women.jpg

how-to-apply-makeup-for-black-women.jpg

Look at this girls :wub: the artist did an amazing job!

Some people will take offense at anything. Especially something that "promotes" a stereotype so you can never be too careful.

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

I won't derail the post talking about racism or stereotypes, it's not worth it, let's keep talking about the art itself.

I will say that if you can fap to it then you know the artist did a great job and it is the case here :sacchan:

I might quote this as the first line in the kickstarter lol.

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

You're going to animate the game?  That's ambitious.  How much does that add to sprite / CG costs?  That's something I've always wondered.

the cost isn't the issue. Its the skill.

If you have someone that knows how to use live2d, the cost isn't that bad. about 60 to 100 extra per Sprite.

Light animations are used when people don't know how to use Live2d and it tends to be just as expensive but much more lackluster.

Originally we had light animations but now that we secured a live2d animator, everything will be full.

something like this was how we originally did it.

http://i.imgur.com/lY6zMFr.gifv

6 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

btw, someone make a thread about this on reddit and link it here. 

Provide a detailed breakdown of art costs in your game (static and animated) expounding on the points you've made, and I'll link to it on /r/visualnovels.  You can post it here or elsewhere, at your discretion.  The theme of this post should be "developer insight into the costs of making a visual novel", though of course you can promote your game/art while you're at it.

39 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Provide a detailed breakdown of art costs in your game (static and animated) expounding on the points you've made, and I'll link to it on /r/visualnovels.  You can post it here or elsewhere, at your discretion.  The theme of this post should be "developer insight into the costs of making a visual novel", though of course you can promote your game/art while you're at it.

that is quite demanding lol. I don't think its in my best interest to talk about the overall cost of the production prior to kickstarter.

What I will say is every CG is 500 USD. Animation are 60-100 dollars extra. All game art is broke down into CG equivalency. 

I am one of the only people making a high budget OELVN. 9 team members. I have done a lot of negotiations to get costs down with the team, so it would be very inappropriate to expose too much.

I'm a demanding person, and most people would find me exasperating to work with.  But if you look at the type of articles I self-promote on Reddit (e.g., Why I endorse JAST's censorship of Shiny Days) and links I post on Reddit in general, you'll see that what I ask of you is no more than I ask of myself and others.

If the information is too sensitive to disclose, that's fine.  I'm simply giving you an idea of what my criteria for "novel and appealing content I'd be interested in promoting" is.  I DID warn you on Twitter that working with me means bartering in souls.

45 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I'm a demanding person, and most people would find me exasperating to work with.  But if you look at the type of articles I self-promote on Reddit (e.g., Why I endorse JAST's censorship of Shiny Days) and links I post on Reddit in general, you'll see that what I ask of you is no more than I ask of myself and others.

If the information is too sensitive to disclose, that's fine.  I'm simply giving you an idea of what my criteria for "novel and appealing content I'd be interested in promoting" is.  I DID warn you on Twitter that working with me means bartering in souls.

This intrigues me.