Thoughts on the Baldr Heart trial?

edwd2

The trial version released yesterday. theres quite a bit of hype surrounding this game given the success of BSD. I didnt get too far yet, my initial impressions are decent. setting is expected of murasaki, battle system looks like it hasn't changed and new art style is fine by me. if theres anything i disliked its the constant flashbacks to the osananajimi girl, and that the mood doesn't seem to be as serious. So whats your thoughts and expectations of baldr heart? I hope it will be good but it's gonna be hard to get near the success of BSD.

No expectations, doesn't look that good to me. One rule around anything Japanese is to ask the question "Is it set in a school or have a large amount of time spent in one?" and if the answer is yes, it's shit. I was never interested in the gameplay of Baldr games, so that isn't a plus for me either.

I like their website though.

I played until the opening scene (just after the first fight) and it was good I want to read it once it is out, I liked the idea of the "fairy" mysterious girl helping you out to fight again-. I agree, those flashbacks to your childhoodfriend are a bit cliched ( a bit too much)
The combat just like in the checker trial it was a bit convoluted, I mashed z,x and c and I won...
I don't understand why the main character is partially voiced, it hate when they do that :(  you either voice him or you don't!

It looks seriously Moe. 

Nuff said.

Gameplay side looks alright, similar to Baldr sky Zero. Which had horrible balance, it was so bad you could kill the last boss in 6 seconds due to infinitive combos and combo bonus damage "traits"...

That being said BSZ was fun enough. Although expecting even less from baldr heart.

2 hours ago, Bolverk said:

It looks seriously Moe. 

Nuff said.

Gameplay side looks alright, similar to Baldr sky Zero.

yeah wish they would´ve decided on their olden style of art, cant bring myself to like the current one. not in the slightest, and some minor nuances apart, it simply does look like being the 101st title out of 100 churned out galge these days. farewell those "i expected feels of nostalgia" hopes i had for this one.

Looking at some gameplay vids from the trial. From the looks of it they reverted to the older art style of BS and BF. I prefer it like this as well. You also got overheating for weapons and such. So it avoids the mistakes of BZ.

I imagine gameplay wise it will be solid. If they build upon what both BF and BSD systems as they were great. Although it was together with the story that made it great imo.

In the end I want Baldr Hard SF. Not Baldr Moe