Bit of a strange question, but what's your favourite Visual Novel UI that you've witnessed?

Snailmusk

31 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

i think it's a great question actually.

I fully agree. I started brainstorming when I saw the first post, but realized I couldn't actually put my finger on a great UI. I have a few candidates for what not to do with UI, but not really how it should be done. I ended up just watching the thread and read the gems you guys will show up with.

21 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Koisuru natsu no last resort, cuz it was the first VN for me that had the whole right click + drag in a direction shortcut thingy goin' on

damn, that does look pretty good

I've done some searching on vndb, and it seems that most vns, even the highest rated ones, have extremely boring ones. I'm really not saying a ui should pop or anything, but come on, at least think of something that looks nicer than a transparent black box please.

48 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

Rewrite immediately sprung to mind. It's pretty.

Oh, right, Rewrite's was actually pretty good.

Uhh, Tokeijikake no Ley Line is also pretty good (quality for the game is actually top notch overall though), off the top of my head in terms of stuff I've gone through (not necessarily completely).

Spoiler

a66ff4b2ca9b4d9094ea071204886822.png

The system menu also had cogs and gears that spun, which was pretty cool.

Spoiler

3d26731d4d3b499e9e5aa19e6088e8a6.png

And uhh, I guess... Cocoro@Function? I thought that looked pretty cool. Pulltop just seems like they have a decent track record.

Spoiler

59294.jpg

3 hours ago, solidbatman said:

I like UIs that sort of act as part of the game and not just info delivery. For example, a UI being on a cellphone menu style, or whatever. Shit like that makes me happy. 

Yes, yes, like Tokimeki memorial :9

21 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai.

Most customizable UI that i seen. Can be played on gamepad. It may be perfect if they give option to change font size and colors...And fast skip to choices.

...Huh. I had no idea that was there ._. I guess I'll try out simple mode sometime. Also english text? Some partial english patch? And the whole drag and drop for gestures was actually also in Aiyoku no Eustia, so that much is just a perk from the company.

Spoiler

241c62657bbd4676919a1acf697e962d.png

1 hour ago, Zalor said:

How has Quartett!'s GUI not been mentioned yet. That was the only VN I played where I was actually impressed by all the effort that went into the GUI.

Not only Quartett!'s; Almost all of Littlewitch games (especially later ones) had gorgeously built GUI's. Another good example would be Rondo Leaflet (aka the Suffering of Steward Matthew :makina:).

Hmm, there's a couple of user interfaces I liked in a few visual novels. Time to go load them up to take some appropriate screenshots, and hope I don't get sidetracked by reading through them again!

Previously stated by some people above me:

- Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai

- Rewrite

With my own addition being:

- Koiken Otome

Spoiler

py99g.jpg

This one was very nice with all the animated portions of the UI fitting the futuristic theme of this visual novel without feeling gaudy.