What is your opinion on cheating?

Forte

I sometimes wonder about the ban regulation regarding an account which got caught cheating (or even hacking). If creating a new account is such an easy procedure, I think that banning an account is not an effective solution.

On 18/6/2016 at 3:09 AM, ittaku said:

Cheating is the optimal way to get to the CGs of a boring visual novel.

Simply skip it completely with a guide for choices and you're done. Maybe you meant that, but that's not really cheating. It's... "avoiding the bore".

PS: VNs no longer grip me that tightly, so once I've done it for the first time, I'll skip the common route (minus the scenes that pertain to specific characters). Of course, woe to you if your novel doesn't have a skip function.

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

Simply skip it completely with a guide for choices and you're done. Maybe you meant that, but that's not really cheating. It's... "avoiding the bore".

Yeah but skipping you can watch what goes on and get a vague idea of the story which will then distinguish itself from standalone H CGs.

For VNs just go blind at first, if I want to get all the endings and CG then I would use a walkthrough, I don't really think of that as cheating though. I'm a perfectionist:holo:

For games, it's a different matter, it would take the fun out of the game. If's it's really hard or I come across a hacked enemy, if grinding doesn't work then i'd just drop the thing or get DLC equipment and weapons. Of course I would not even consider cheating on multiplayer games.