Elisa: The Innkeeper - An emergent visual novel

rickey

hey guys, I wanted to have a more extended opinion regarding a visual novel that I found recently: Elisa the Innkeepers.

It's created by a group of young novice (neoclassic games), however, giving it a quick glance it seemed like a really good visual: art is cute, the music fits the theme, and the plot seems really interesting because unlike other visual found on Steam is not set in Japan, but rather in Italy.

I'd support them on Kickstarter by buying the game for 9 € (10$ approximately) . what do you think? Would you support them too?

if you are interested I leave the Steam link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/472680/

thanks!

Dunno if the concept of "waifu" could be applied here.

Technically it's somewhat gender neutral, but if it keepes on following the orginal story of "La Locandiera" (which literally means "the female innkeeper", and it's been adapted into "The mistress of the Inn") like it does at the beginning, it's more an otome than a galge.

Anyway, this should be moved to VN talk, any mod here?

Looks interesting, but I wouldn't call it an emergent visual novel. At most, Elisa looks like it simply has more plot inflection points then your standard VN, with more possible combinations of choices and consequences.

But then again, I haven't read it, so I'm just going off the description. Is there an example of emergent play you could point to in Elisa?

it's not "emergent" in any way. The gameplay is like a simplified version of ROOT DOUBLE Sense sympathy system.

EDIT:

@ 20:25  If I married all those who said they want me, now I would have so many husbands. All men who stay at this inn immediately fall in love with me...

Exactly the same as the original play.

4 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Dunno if the concept of "waifu" could be applied here.

Technically it's somewhat gender neutral, but if it keepes on following the orginal story of "La Locandiera" (which literally means "the female innkeeper", and it's been adapted into "The mistress of the Inn") like it does at the beginning, it's more an otome than a galge.

Anyway, this should be moved to VN talk, any mod here?

Cute female character? Can get with guy? WAIFU. HAREM.

Hei guys

My name is Piero Mazza, Project Manager of Elisa the Innkeeper.

I was told this forum was perfect for someone who is looking for some valuable feedback from visual novel experts. I'm actually glad to see that someone already created a post for our game!

Starting from the Fuwa Senior's question i kinda agree that the word "emergent" is quite strange, i don't think that it reflects what we want to achieve but i will try anyway to explain our point of view. We know that there are a huge number of visual novels out there, we did our best trying to create something different. Maybe with our story, or our choices, or the unlockable items feature... i don't know. At lease it felt different enough for us, that's why we decided to publish our prequel on steam and submit our first part of the game to the players.

I personally think that creating a full game without letting anyone know is a mistake. I really hope my team made the right choice with our Prequel, even if it is technically and in terms of features unfinished. We did our best with the time and budget we had, the Prequel is just the beginning.

Our game is starting to get some reviews on steam (positive and negative), we are reading and reviewing all of them.

If you have questions or suggestions i will be happy to hear it.

Have a great day

PS. can someone move this discussion in the visual novel section please? Thank you!

Thank you for the heads up!

We are already been working on a new version of the game specifically made for mobile devices, phones and tablet. It will be lighter, faster and will feature android an possibly IOS compatibility.

In the mean time i will test this problem on my tablet too!

The main problem I have now is still the not proper compatibility with touch screen, you can navigate trough the menu, change the options and select desired choiches but it's still impossible to make the text advance. A single short touch is usually the same as a single left click, but it is a different imput and some games and vn engines treat it differently.