Are Yanderes, Tsunderes, and other dere types in anime/manga a "fad"?

DatYandereGirl

Pehaps people are getting tired of seeing the same archetype over and over again with the same cliche cast, originality now comes in how you write a character already set in one of the anime roles, be it a loli, yanderee, etc. Maybe they want something new.

Remenber, popularity comes with a cost, the more people like you, the more others will hate.

this should be most of it, second pic (gasai yuno) is by datyanderegirl it seems

3r4Ue.png

3r4RH.png

The main thing with character archetypes isn't which ones you use, but how well you execute them imo. I do prefer more complex characters, but it's not like those can't be tsunderes or whatever

Haha.. Sticking it to them... I really don't care which dere it is>> Though I don't understand "yan-lovers" at the moment due to NTR.

(Due to NTR, I auto avoid things which I think can be disturbing.. Though I know that will change with practice and Consumption of More Souls... )

Haha.. Sticking it to them... I really don't care which dere it is>> Though I don't understand "yan-lovers" at the moment due to NTR.

(Due to NTR, I auto avoid things which I think can be disturbing.. Though I know that will change with practice and Consumption of More Souls... )

I just love the idea of it. I doubt I'd persue to be a yandere or tsundere in a serious tone. If it's some guy/girls fetish, so be it. lol There are tsun cafes in Japan, believe it or not. I would like to say liking certain dere types is considered a fetish.

They can get with the times and make a Facebook account.

Fuck that, recently I've been trying limit the amount of time I spend on the internet so I can focus more of my time on writing and reading. Limiting the amount of time I spend on YouTube alone is a challenge for me, I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be if I had a FaceBook as well.

On Topic: It's been a while since I watched a harem anime, but the only VN/anime I can remember with a Yandere in it was Shuffle and Higurashi. Hmm... oh and I think Mirai Nikki is known for its Yandere meme. But that's really all I could think of. Honestly in my opinion there are FAR more Tsunderes. I come across a Tsunderes far more in VNs and anime than I do Yanderes. Although, now I'm really curious. Other than Shuffle, Higurashi, and Mirai Nikki, what other animes and/or VNs have Yanderes in them?

The only ones I can think of are Denpa teki na Kanojo, School Days and yandere (visual novel) .

Right, School Days! How do I forget about that one... By the way Makoto's a bastard, (you probably already knew that, but I felt a compulsive need to reiterate it).

Fuck that, recently I've been trying limit the amount of time I spend on the internet so I can focus more of my time on writing and reading. Limiting the amount of time I spend on YouTube alone is a challenge for me, I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be if I had a FaceBook as well.

I wish you the best of luck Zalor, I got over my Youtube "addiction" a while back and I've been reading and writing so much more these days.

Regarding deres, I think they are a fad that will die out in time, but I personally enjoy these character types and I hope that they'll be around for at least a couple more years.

Regarding deres, I think they are a fad that will die out in time

i kind of disagree

While it is true that characters with tsunderes and yanderes personalities are often, but not always, used in recent anime, i don't really see why they say it's "over-rated" or "annoying". While Tsun's started gaining popularity as early as 2000-2001 (the term was made popular mainly because of the visual novel Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ), Characters with yandere personalities have been in animes as early as the 80's, with Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (1985, a quite critically acclaimed and popular anime in the 80's) being a prime example, but the term wasn't very popular until animes/visual novels like Higurashi, School Days and Mirai Nikki. i guess people think they're annoying or over-rated because, like i said first, there's characters with these personalities in popular/mainstream animes. There's tons of good animes, mangas and visual novels that have characters that fit the yandere/tsundere personality and a good plot, nevertheless , i enjoy VNs/anime/mangas with tsun or yandere characters, be it mainstream or under-rated. :lol: