Two potentially good vn to come soon

Tweek91330

1 hour ago, iamnoob said:

Can anyone tell me why everyone's so hyped about Lamunation? It's the first VN of a new company isn't it? I mean I'm seeing it everywhere and twitter is going nuts on it.

Memes :Kappa: 

I mean, the game had me at the heterochromia twins. The rest is just gravy. 

Just watched about half hour of it. Well there is the distinct difference of having a commentator. Still don't get it but then again I can't understand moon runes. 

Then again 

Well it's certainly different in that it jumps all over the place and the characters seem self aware.

Also isn't this from Angel Beats?

http://whitepowder.jp/lamune/img/ev/bg/bg_ev16.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean to offend anyone with the following words, this is my opinion and mine only. (The storm of rage is coming strong probably:sacchan:

So I read (kinda) lamunation and all I have to say is NOPE NOPE NOPE and NOPE, it's about nothing with bad jokes going on and on and on ... oh my god I'm going to have nightmares with those cheesy special effect sounds.

and the voice of irisu.... I wanted to kill myself every time she was talking, is was like hearing makina (from grisaia..she is xD) but forced to the extreme to make it sound like a 4 years old girl, that high pitched voice... D: D: NOPE NOPE

I don't know who is the audience for this vn, I can't really say what genre is, maybe a bizarre-comedy-unstoppable-nightmare-that-you-can't-wake-up-from.

And after all that I was curious to see how far it went.. so I hold the precious control key to skip to the end but... it didn't end... it didn't want to end :( after a few minutes I got tired and close the vn to oblivious.

Last but not least it uses siglusengine DHnPFoh.gif if you don't know why I'm complaining about this it's because you need to "crack" the .exe or else you can't run the game because you are "outside" of Japan (yeah even if it's a trial-free version!)

EDIT: I won't say it's a bad vn or a good one (is not even finished and I didn't read it till the end), clearly I'm not the target of this and so I can't understand nor appreciate what it is or what is trying to do, I just don't get it, to put it bluntly it was like watching abstract art, is it good or bad? who knows, for me it's nothing at all and that's that.

Edited by Deep Blue

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean to offend anyone with the following words, this is my opinion and mine only. (The storm of rage is coming strong probably:sacchan:

So I read (kinda) lamunation and all I have to say is NOPE NOPE NOPE and NOPE, it's about nothing with bad jokes going on and on and on ... oh my god I'm going to have nightmares with those cheesy special effect sounds.

and the voice of irisu.... I wanted to kill myself every time she was talking, is was like hearing makina (from grisaia..she is xD) but forced to the extreme to make it sound like a 4 years old girl, that high pitched voice... D: D: NOPE NOPE

I don't know who is the audience for this vn, I can't really say what genre is, maybe a bizarre-comedy-unstoppable-nightmare-that-you-can't-wake-up-from.

And after all that I was curious to see how far it went.. so I hold the precious control key to skip to the end but... it didn't end... it didn't want to end :( after a few minutes I got tired and close the vn to oblivious.

Last but not least it uses siglusengine DHnPFoh.gif if you don't know why I'm complaining about this it's because you need to "crack" the .exe or else you can't run the game because you are "outside" of Japan (yeah even if it's a trial-free version!)

Irisu's Voice is GOD :D. IMO her voice is perfect for her character role

4 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

If that's your only problem with Siglusengine then you are weird. The engine is shitty in more ways too. D:

4 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

a bizarre-comedy-unstoppable-nightmare-that-you-can't-wake-up-from.

This is why it is so good.

I knew it xD
btw about the engine it tends to hang pretty often and you cannot close it no matter what, I need to restart my pc >_> (it happened with giniro trial and other new games too like sayonara wo oshiete the newer version that uses siglus , it likes to freeze when you save T_T) but then again I'm not sure if it is a problem of the engine itself or an issue for cracking the exe , is hard to spot bugs when you are not actually using it as you should. But the engine was not the issue here :sacchan:

EDIT:I just read the opinion of that guy in reddit about the vn and yeah he basically nails it saying that the vn is basically nothing at all but that that is the point of the novel.... and it's still comedy... if you can find it funny in the first place.
A dank meme out of a dank meme I guess? :huh:

4 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

I guess you mean Shin Koihime † Musou -Kakumei-, however they've already sold the predecessor Shin Koihime † Eiyuutan in three split parts, so they've done that before.

Though there's coming out the combi package Shin Koihime † Eiyuutan 123 plus next month which contains all three parts.

I dont consider it as the same thing, In eiyuutan they sold them for 3000-3000-3000 yen instead of just one 9000 yen. Means it was still just one full priced game, they only released it part by part and now will release the combined hard copy one as a "one" full priced game as well. In Kakumei though, They'll release it as "3 full priced game", there'll be 9000-9000-9000 yen three game. Means they have to do x3 content of a full priced game.

In short those two are quite different situations, Eiyuutan was just a marketing tactic and it worked very well. But this time they are making a huge project and planning to sell it for "27.000" yen, it'll be something enormous for sure. Also its one of the most popular games Shin koihime Musou's remake so pretty much guaranteed to sell.

They'll probably make some kind of special offer like "all three routes are just 20.000 yen" though.

22 hours ago, XReaper said:

but i simply failed to come on good terms with how they decided to turn the setting, which plays in a rather serious period (post ww2), into some sort of romantic comedy (school life & pop-idols), because that´s what it felt to me.

This. It's just another case of Japan fucking things up. It's not nearly the first time and won't nearly be the last time. They create some potentially interesting back-stories, where it looks like it could be an expanse and interesting world, and then just go "LOLNOPE SLICE OF LIFE BABY. HERD U WANT IT SET IN A SCHOOL TOO? NP FAM!"

5 hours ago, Qrqe said:

In short those two are quite different situations, Eiyuutan was just a marketing tactic and it worked very well. But this time they are making a huge project and planning to sell it for "27.000" yen, it'll be something enormous for sure. Also its one of the most popular games Shin koihime Musou's remake so pretty much guaranteed to sell.

Yeah, they said the whole point of Eiyuutan was to build hype back up in the series, get people talking about it again and maybe some more newcomers, in preparation for this Kakumei release as the "real" next game. Since Eiyuutan was just slice of life crap, I really hope Kakumei is good and actually has a story (ala first two Koihime and Sengoku), because I loved their previous releases.

11 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Definitely looking forward to this one, although I'm a bit curious if Purple Software will try to 'over-compensate' the lack of H-scenes in Chrono Clock with this one.

Well, at least it's not tagged as nukige yet. ^_^

As long as the story is good I'm okay with the lot of H-scenes. Koku is my favorite artist. :P