Fuwanovel tab using up to 30% of my CPU

What the title says. Is this normal for other people? I can't say if the issue is recent or not since I've only noticed it now (I don't recall it being like this before, but I could be wrong), but whenever I open a tab on fuwa my laptop fan always speeds up and when I check my CPU usage, Fuwanovel is always using up to 30% of it.

fa2f0f9daeca46079715514e7ddba9ae.png

There are no extensions running when I'm on fuwa, it's just the page itself that somehow uses that amount of CPU, regardless of what I'm doing (just viewing the front page is enough to trigger it).

It's not really a huge issue per se, but it is annoying to have my computer fan go off just from me being on the front page. And what ultimately ends up happening is I close it because it's too annoying.

It's also important to note that not all pages on Fuwa cause this.

I'm not tech savvy so this could be really obvious, either way I would like some sort of explanation or way to prevent it from happening (if possible). Maybe it's not an issue at all and I'm just an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I'm on Chrome, and Dark theme's about the same as yours actually. More CPU intensive than Temporal, but not too bad. And my laptop is pretty old also (4-5 years.)

PS: Is that the same Firefox that used to leak memory like a bitch? :P 

I'm aware of the reputation, but I just started using it a month ago or so for the first time in a very long time and haven't had any problems. :shrug:

Maybe we have some hardware acceleration going on that Nosebleed doesn't? I'm on a pretty nice machine, TBH, but maybe Nosebleed's machine is even older than yours and missing something.

Tested different browsers and it's still there for me but not as bad on some. Also noticed that if I scroll down the page it stops and when I got back up it starts again so it's probably that fancy header in the Dark Theme.

I have truckloads of fairly recent CPU and GPU to throw at it, but it's at 4k resolution and the scrolling is laggy and consumes a lot more CPU with the default theme on firefox 47. At idle it's not too bad CPU usage wise but the lagginess is annoying which is why I switched it out.

For me, when I scroll down on infinite stomach, it still uses around 5% of my CPU, whereas fuwafabulous uses 0%. When scrolled to the top, it uses 15%. Not a super big deal, but it's an issue for people who frequently use phones, tablets, or laptops to browse fuwanovel, as it will eat away at your battery pretty quick.

Ok, now that people pointed it out, it's hilarious opening taskmgr, scrolling to the top, waiting a few seconds, scrolling down a bit, waiting a few seconds. Most definitely a result of that animation.

Incidentally, each of Decay's signatures is also good for about 1.5% CPU for me.

Edit: obviously I meant the avatar, not the signature...

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is related but autoscroll (middle click scroll thingy) sometimes makes input completely unresponsive until page is done scrolling up/down very slowly. After reaching top of page input is handled and lots of stuff may happen at once.

This only happens when browsing Fuwanovel in Firefox and not in other sites or browsers. It's happened both in win 7 and linux so I'm starting to suspect it's problem with some addon like uBlock Origin.

On 2016-08-26 at 1:26 AM, Flutterz said:

I was with you until you spoke ill of Gravity Green. Filthy heretic

Never forget.

The dark theme seems to eat about 4-10% more CPU usage (in Firefox, can't bother to try in any of those filthy browsers) than other themes, obviously because it's inferior in all aspects.