Rewrite Error [SOLVED]

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese?: Yes

Game: Rewrite

Description of Problem:

Receiving error like the one the problem described in this post on this website: http://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-tech-support/2549-cant-play-rewrite-4/#post49564 (Forum from source post did not elaborate upon how the problem was solved)

Your Operating System:

32 bit Windows Xp Home Edition

What did you already try?:

Originally tried from Fuwanovel, currently trying this one http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1233.0

Have done uninstall/reinstall for both times

Running as admin

Checked antivirus

Tried gaijin-hack

Current issue does not seem applicable with most thread issues because the game was installed from iso through virtual device and patched into english manually from a different website.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Current one is not.

The message says that it's unable to run a video file. An error also appears to occur when it attempts to run the CreateTexture file.

It also says that the game's texture file is broken.

Well, first things first.

1. Make sure that the files are not locked in read-only mode. [right click your folder holding the game, and select properties. Deselect the read-only mode] These video errors typically occur when files are in read-only.

2. Since you installed it manually, the registry file issue is likely moot.

3. If you haven't already, change the format of your computer to japanese. This is different from Non-unicode, but it is also found in Region and Language settings. Some games refuse to run properly when the format is not in Japanese.

4. I'm going to assume your files are installed properly...

I'll give a magnet link>> I don't know if it's still working or something.>> It's a torrent of rewrite B4 all Torrents in another place was deleted.

This one is an .ISO.

If the one you're trying still fails and Magnet Link is invalid or not working.. You might as well try DL'ing it directly from ErogeDL..

Yeah, forgot about that one. The problem may very well lie in the video/audio codex.

Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> change keyboard and other input methods -> format tab, first drop down box should be labeled "Format". Change that to Japanese if nothing else works.

My Directx and video/audio codecs are up to date. I have tried the link that Sparkker put up, but that gave me the same pop-up. I can't read Japanese, so I probably wouldn't be able to fix my computer if I tinkered too much with the language options and made a mistake. I am quite unsure why I am getting this error, as I have run different visual novels without problems before.

Thank you all for the help. I assumed that my drivers were up to date because the automatic scans that I did stated that it could not find any recent versions. I looked around for about a quarter of an hour and found a more updated graphics driver for my Dell Dimension. Works like a charm, so if people have an issue with this while having a model similar to mine, here is the link for the drivers I used:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/dimension-4700?driverId=R126541&osCode=WW1&fileId=2731114385&languageCode=en&categoryId=VI

Of course, I assume that most people won't have issues like mine because my computer is out of date, but if it helps.

BTW, if a Mod could remove the dxdiag for privacy, that would be most appreciated.

Thank you all for the help. I assumed that my drivers were up to date because the automatic scans that I did stated that it could not find any recent versions. I looked around for about a quarter of an hour and found a more updated graphics driver for my Dell Dimension. Works like a charm, so if people have an issue with this while having a model similar to mine, here is the link for the drivers I used:

http://www.dell.com/...n&categoryId=VI

Of course, I assume that most people won't have issues like mine because my computer is out of date, but if it helps.

BTW, if a Mod could remove the dxdiag for privacy, that would be most appreciated.

Deleted it (in the future, you can edit your own posts)! Going to lock this topic. Feel free to holler if anything else comes up.