999 Possibly Getting Steam

Funyarinpa

6d2af7b0d2.jpg (this video is from the very beginning of 999)

6bac3b94c1.png

I believe the implication is evident.

In case the pictures don't load:

Spike Chunsoft EN:

A familiar ship heads into port.

<999 beginning cinematic>

Kotaro Uchikoshi:

<quotes above tweet>

It looks like a STEAMship.

<later>

Sorry. Maybe my previous tweet should have been written as follows. "It looks like a vital steamship." Thank you!

Just look at the newest tweets: https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng

Fuck yes.

FUCK. YES.

Not looking forward much right now. The reason is that we still didn't knew what kind of improvement that Steam version of 999 will bring (Beside, if I want to play 999 instead of installing likely 2 or more GB games from Steam, I could just search DS Emulator and less than 500 MB 999 ROM). Unlike PSP emulator which it's quite complicated to operate to me, DS emulator was easier to operate so once again not looking forward to this too much. Unless Chunsoft will bring voice acting to 999, then maybe I could hope that we'll also got Zero Time Escape on Steam too and of course looking forward to this. Well, I think I'd rather wait and see about this for now.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Not looking forward much right now. The reason is that we still didn't knew what kind of improvement that Steam version of 999 will bring (Beside, if I want to play 999 instead of installing likely 2 or more GB games from Steam, I could just search DS Emulator and less than 500 MB 999 ROM). Unlike PSP emulator which it's quite complicated to operate to me, DS emulator was easier to operate so once again not looking forward to this too much. Unless Chunsoft will bring voice acting to 999, then maybe I could hope that we'll also got Zero Time Escape on Steam too and of course looking forward to this. Well, I think I'd rather wait and see about this for now.

It will most certainly be remastered, for one- unless they decide to port the GODAWFUL "Novel" version from iOS, that is. Also, well, it's a conventional and convenient way to legally obtain the game. If by Zero Tme Escape you mean Zero Escape 3, it's been known for months that it's coming to Steam. The page is in fact live.

1 hour ago, Tsuruchinite said:

the third one in the series is listed in steam so maybe it was a hint to that?

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=comingsoon&os=win,mac#sort_by=_ASC&sort_order=ASC&filter=comingsoon&page=7

Incredibly unlikely, seeing as we've known about that for months and the official Chunsoft account has talked about ZE3's Steam version before.

Oh, sorry. My mistake here. The game that I hope would entering Steam in fact was Virtue Last Reward. Looks like I remembering it wrong when I typed that. Anyway, if you said it will beneficial for the people who want to buy it legally, then Steam is the way to buy it conventionally and conveniently. As for my stance, well I'm wait and see about this once again.

• Nosebleed changed the title to 999 Possibly Getting Steam

If this is true, I really really hope that they keep the puzzles intact unlike the IOS port. It's totally a damper on the whole locked room scenario if you don't get a chance to actually solve it.  I can't see myself buying it unless it's actually a remaster though, since I have the original release sitting on my shelf ready to be played at any time.

On 6/11/2016 at 2:27 AM, Funyarinpa said:

I believe the implication is evident.

It's no longer an 'implication' when they write the 'hidden meaning' across the knuckles of a big glove, put on that glove, then start smacking the fanbase in the face with it over and over and over yelling 'do you understand? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!'