Famitsu reports Kogado Studio's yuri VN Hakuisei Aijou Izonshou to get an English release... next week!

Decay

http://store.steampowered.com/app/485040
https://vndb.org/v16610#main

Yeah, so this is coming out of nowhere. Licensed and published by Degica, the folks behind the Muv Luv Kickstarter, yet seemingly advertized nowhere other than Famitsu. The english title will be "Nurse Love Addiction," and it will be on Steam June 16th, seven days from now. I don't know much about this, the art looks kinda cute and it's medium length with several girls, so it seems like it has some meat to it. You may recognize Kogado Studio as the developer behind Symphonic Rain, by the way. Most of their VNs have some form of gameplay to them, but this one seems to have so such thing. 

So yeah, that's happening. I guess sometimes it's nice to just get a release without being bombarded by months or years of hype.

edit: Replaced famitsu link with the Steam store page since that's up and I missed it before.

Quite sleepy, and just look at this. Looks like it'll be Dergonu's one of his favorite VN. From the seiyuu, it was mix between senior and newcomer one. I couldn't talk about newcomer, but at least I knew that we had Yukari Tamura and Asami Imai here. For the premise, looks like it'll be about nurse school (Speaking about that, Sonohana also had same premise for more recent game). And I think it's quite good if we based it on VNDB average vote (7.95 right now), although right now it's only had 10 votes though. Since this is Kogado, we better obviously not expected any H-Scenes from them (Now that I think about it, this game obviously perfect candidate for Steam, so will we see many Kogado games entering Steam in the future). And about the gameplay thing, I didn't knew what kind of gameplay they'll offer here, or rather I didn't knew if this VN had the gameplay or not. That's all for my comment at this point about this news.

PS - Just browse youtube for this VN OP, and saw this playlist. Just watch it if you wonder what kind of this VN is (Thanks for the video and translation, billybob300c).

I missed that the Steam store page is already up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/485040

BTW, Famitsu reports it will be $39.99 USD. Yikes. I get that this apparently isn't some low budget short title, but that's still way too much for a VN no one has ever heard of that was only announced a week prior to release. Kindred Spirits is the closest analog, they had months of pre-release hype and a slightly lower $35 price tag, on top of the novelty of having uncut adult scenes on Steam.

Basically, what I'm saying is RIP Nurse Love Addiction.

Also, wowzers, that UI is HUGE. It's like they designed the UI for my grandmother.

28 minutes ago, Decay said:

Also, wowzers, that UI is HUGE. It's like they designed the UI for my grandmother.

They may as well have doubled the text box size and made it NVL format.

31 minutes ago, Decay said:

Shame. It looks pretty decent.

The art is gorgeous, but I'm probably not going to pick this up unless it gets really good reviews.

On the other hand, if Kogado brought over anything from Kuroneko-san's team, I'd pick up that 12+-year-old game in a heartbeat. But of course I can see why that would sound crazy to them, and frankly would probably be a bad business decision anyway; they probably have no idea the reputation Symphonic Rain has over here, and naturally decided to bring over their latest and greatest.

Try browsing for this game review, and I'd find 2 in Japanese. One is more like the review at official site and another was at blogspot.com. Here's the link to the official site (By the way, majority review gave 5 stars, so it should be good imo), and another to the blogspot.com (WARNING: Only check this if you didn't care about spoiler. Since I didn't care about spoiler, I'd check it and find some WTF CG. Wonder what kind of reaction the player of this game when they met that WTF CG later). For reading the review, since the language was Japan you may try to use Google Translate for lousy translation here. And since the official site called this VN Hakuai, I'll called this VN as Hakuai from now on.

9 hours ago, Decay said:

I gotta admit, even as someone with bad eyes - I find it a bit obtrusive - if there's at least the typical "hide chat box" button, then I won't mind. Text size is just perfect for me though. :sachi:

18 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Jesus that UI

We're not playing this stuff on l0lVita man ._.

Looks cute, dat price doe.

If we were playing on Vita, I'm pretty sure that UI would render us unable to see the backgrounds and characters.
The UI alone would occupy the screen wholly.

Aside from that, this looks excellent from what little I've seen, though some further investigation is in order. Rather unfortunate they've had no marketing to speak of.

Cute art. I've been burned many times before with yuri. It seems to be a trend in the vns I've read that if it's yuri, throw out all the common sense and decent storytelling. At least in the few that I've read. Surprise release is kind of nice, though, I guess. Right?

Oh, and I find out who find this info about htis VN release. Okay, even though the people itself was quite eccentric and had some divisive thing around him in the past, we should thank Moogy for find out this VN Release info. Basically, Moogy was also asking of what kind of promotion strategy is that if Kogado and Degica only announced it on local media ie Famitsu. And to be honest, for the English title it would remind me of this nukige (I mean, what's with Nurse Love Addiction thing, even if it's the direct translation). But, ridiculuos title of course didn't mean that the game itself is bad of course.

For big UI, if some of you didn't like it maybe there will be an option to clear the color for the UI, just like in some VN because from what I saw in demo translation, the UI was very clear ie the text was in the transparant UI. Well, personally I didn't had proble with the UI for now, but it would be nice though if we allowed to see the demo in order to allow us to check the feature. Oh well. And one last thing, I forgot to comment this, but for character design I think it's quite nice and could be comparable to Flower imo. And if the price was too expensive, there's always some other ways to obtain it of course (All of you knew what I mean). 

Sorry to bring the bad news as the bump here (Although it may already known), but Hakuai release was delayed for more 21 days or 3 weeks, supposedly for fixing the translation that Degica feel it didn't ready for the release. Hopefully after this there will be no delay anymore for this release.

tldr - New Hakuai release date will be at 3 weeks later or July 7th.

On 6/9/2016 at 6:03 AM, Decay said:

I missed that the Steam store page is already up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/485040

BTW, Famitsu reports it will be $39.99 USD. Yikes. I get that this apparently isn't some low budget short title, but that's still way too much for a VN no one has ever heard of that was only announced a week prior to release. Kindred Spirits is the closest analog, they had months of pre-release hype and a slightly lower $35 price tag, on top of the novelty of having uncut adult scenes on Steam.

Is steam the only place to buy it? 

ಠ_ಠ

17 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

Is steam the only place to buy it? 

ಠ_ಠ

The game is all-ages, so there is no cut content, if that's what you are worried about. 

I don't think they are going to be selling a different version elswhere. (There would be little point, as steam is secure, and also the biggest place in the form of potential sales.) 

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

The game is all-ages, so there is no cut content, if that's what you are worried about. 

I don't think they are going to be selling a different version elswhere. (There would be little point, as steam is secure, and also the biggest place in the form of potential sales.) 

Senpai that not the reason.  I despise steam.  

ಠ_ಠ

1 hour ago, Decay said:

Tough. Steam is the PC, good luck playing most PC games without it. That goes for any all-ages VN not published by MG or JAST, too.

I swear if I ever become a millionaire I going to make a competitor to steam.   -.-