VN's that were not up to their mark....

Arkamondal

Today i want to ask u guys that if there was any VN that u were excited to play before it's release but the VN doesn't came up to ur standards after it's release....?

(*********IMPORTANT NOTE***********)

All players hv their own independence of chosing VN and so no one should oppose to another's choice of VN cause everyone hv their own like nd dislike......

though many Majikoi lovers might get angry but i don't really like the Majikoi S (though liked Majikoi nd looking forward to Majikoi A).....cause according to me there were too many forcefully included sex scenes which decreases the fun part of the story (though it's totally my view).......though i hvn't played too many untranslated VN's but i also didn't liked Ikusa Megami and it's sequels......

3 hours ago, Arkamondal said:

though many Majikoi lovers might get angry but i don't really like the Majikoi S (though liked Majikoi nd looking forward to Majikoi A).....cause according to me there were too many forcefully included sex scenes which decreases the fun part of the story (though it's totally my view).......though i hvn't played too many untranslated VN's but i also didn't liked Ikusa Megami and it's sequels......

Completely agree. Majikoi S was such a disappointment in my eyes.

My picks would be Gahkthun and Majikoi S. Both disappointed Mr quite a bit. I guess Euphoria also disappointed me as well, but not as much as Gahkthun and Majikoi S.

18 minutes ago, SupremeTentacle said:

Fate/Stay Night.

Seconded. F/SN is the only VN I ever forced myself to complete and it still is my hugest disappointment of hype to this day.

Other things I feel disappointed towards:

• G-Senjou no Maou
  • Clannad
  • Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Deatta Koro no Omoide ni

7 hours ago, Arkamondal said:

You almost have to ignore Ikusa Megami 1 and 2... Zero is the best starting point for the series, lol.

If we're talking about prerelease hype, easily Killer Queen (the translation). EASILY. 

I'm an absolute sucker for the "people stuck somewhere are bound to kill each other based on an arbitrary set of rules" trope, AKA "Battle Royale" (hence why the book of the same name is my favorite novel), and I was hyped as hell for KQ. The first episode was somewhat decent, although the setting was generic. 

Then came the second episode and let me tell you if Newton ever saw anything else drop the ball as hard as Killer Queen did halfway through he'd probably have wondered what was the error in his laws of motion for the rest of his days. 

-Pedo pandering bullshit (regardless of your taste, shit just doesn't work when you insert h-scenes in between what's supposed to be tense and scary moments let alone the whole pedo angle making you go "Uuuuugh...")

-Nothing of deep significance: No thematic value, no philosophical or personal introspection of humanity, no artistic merit in other words. A very cut-and-dry slasher movie , in a way.

-The mystery surrounding why the game exists is unsatisfactory and dismissed.

1 hour ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention YU-NO epilogue, I love the game despite that but the epilogue was pure shit... man... Kanno didn't have enough time to properly finish it and it shows.

Boooo. The epilogue wasn't what I was expecting from that VN, but it was incredible in my opinion. Absolutely amazing. 

As for Kanno, I'd agree. Felt like they just skipped over hours' worth of potential backstory and characterization over there.

I always repeat this, but Narcissu earns this spot for me. I had so many expectations towards it and I couldn't fill any of them.

G-senjou no Maou, like Arcadeotic pointed, was not as good as I thought it were. I liked a lot the begining and all, but it didn't last until the end