Rose Guns Days Review Discussion

Kaguya

Good review. As for this VN, actually my impression was more to the graphic though (Character art). I think as far as 07Expansion VN concern, this VN had the best character art (I mean it's quite a big jump compared to Higurashi and Umineko. Even this character who was designed and drew by Ryuukishi himself was far more better than his Umineko character art. I think I could only comment on the art, because this is 07Expansion we didn't need to concern about OST quality, and for the VN score it was quite good at VNDB (7.95 average and 7.65 Bayesian) so obviously the story was quite good to majority voter there (Although if we talk about story it's either like it or dislike it though).

PS - By the way, too bad this VN didn't voiced yet, so obviously I couldn't talk about seiyuu. But, I'd really want Yukari Tamura voicing Stella because, well you obviously knew why if you play or knew Higurashi or Umineko.

I noticed a few small problems with this game (pretty much nitpickng):

If you pay attention to the photographic backgrounds, even if they are... "not clear" (fuck my shitty english), you'll notice they are inconsistent with the setting, also the concept of "omertà" the protagonists have is completely distorted, but this is not really a problem since the game is placed in Japan.

Anyway... I enjoyed the game very much and I gave it 8/10 on VNDB, but it definitely is the worst rk07 game I read, so far.

It must be the only VN from R07 of such a length that isn't terribly paced and filled with dubious humour though (that is still present in some scenes but to a much lesser extent than in his previous works, especially Higurashi).

A great read for people tired of enduring the same anime tropes again and again that are so common in many VNs.

Thanks for this review. It jumped a few places up on my backlog. And it seems to be that both Higurashi and Umineko doesn't have an 'ultimate editions' yet (best transaltions, best sprites, voice acting, all in one), so this probably will be my first R07 vn.

6 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Thanks for this review. It jumped a few places up on my backlog. And it seems to be that both Higurashi and Umineko doesn't have an 'ultimate editions' yet (best transaltions, best sprites, voice acting, all in one), so this probably will be my first R07 vn.

The group who ported the PS3 sprites to PC is working on this, and they already released the third chapter of Umineko as best as they could. However, you need to have both the japanese PC and PS3 releases in order to get the password of Winrar, and I didn't see anybody sharing this password until now, so it is kind of impossible to get this version :/

To vorathiel, for Higurashi we already had graphic patch but for the voice we must wait until Mangagamer release Matsuribayashi because so far Higurashi didn't had voice patch before until Mangagamer rerelease Onikakushi. As for Umineko, we already had improved graphic and voiced version up to Chiru. For the translation, well to be honest I didn't care much but if you need good graphic and voice, Umineko already had it for a while. Hope it'll be help