Dovac : Which do you want more console ports or adult versions of games.

Crayten

18 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

If I was physically capable of tracking down every gaming console and every smartphone on this planet and smash them with a hammer, I would.

You can smash my smartphone when you can pry it from my cold, dead fingers Key-boy.

Is it really that hard to create 18+ content for a portable? Market it on your own site or sell it through MangaGamer. There's a market for this not being exploited because of the "OHS NOS I CANTS PUTS IT THROUGHS GOOGLE PLAY OR ITUNES" mentality. Think outside the box.

However, forced to pick between the two it's a no-brainer. More 18+.

1 minute ago, Valmore said:

You can smash my smartphone when you can pry it from my cold, dead fingers Key-boy.

Is it really that hard to create 18+ content for a portable? Market it on your own site or sell it through MangaGamer. There's a market for this not being exploited because of the "OHS NOS I CANTS PUTS IT THROUGHS GOOGLE PLAY OR ITUNES" mentality. Think outside the box.

However, forced to pick between the two it's a no-brainer. More 18+.

Well it goes more towards most consoles not allowing 18+ content at all.

So it's either or.

No current mobile platform allows 18+ content to be sold through official retailers (digital or physical). For PS Vita and Nintendo consoles you're basically doomed since you have to sell through official retailers. For Android your only choice would be to share the application through unofficial channels, but I doubt that would net you any tangible profit worth the cost, and this is not taking into account the hardware limitations (which, granted, aren't that bad nowadays, but still are inferior to PC).

Until this scenario changes, I'm never going to support mobile ports over adult content.

I'm honestly indifferent. Console ports are always... iffy at best (shit doesn't work, shit breaks etc.), but shoehorning 18+ content into something just because can be equally as shite. If they do it well, then obviously 18+, but if it's just 'story, story, TITS OUTTA NOWHERE' then I'm out.

5 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I'm honestly indifferent. Console ports are always... iffy at best (shit doesn't work, shit breaks etc.), but shoehorning 18+ content into something just because can be equally as shite. If they do it well, then obviously 18+, but if it's just 'story, story, TITS OUTTA NOWHERE' then I'm out.

I think that's not what they mean here.

What they seem to be asking is if people want more 18+ releases of their All-Ages titles (as you know, SP usually releases All-Ages ports and not the 18+ version) or if they want more mobile ports of said All-Ages titles.

So basically they're not asking if you want them to make new content for the game, but if you want the uncensored version released or a port of the already existing all-ages released.

1 minute ago, Nosebleed said:

So basically they're not asking if you want them to make new content for the game, but if you want the uncensored released or a port of the already existing all-ages release.

Ooooh okay. Well, in that case, 18+ all the way! :wafuu:

31 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:
Spoiler

Rather than saying this on a thread where dovac is unlikely to see it, you can take this survey

This survey is in all honesty a far better practical option, but it is good for discussion in here.

Still, found this in said survey...

Spoiler

59bbebe12c22e4befe439028e99774fc.png

Don't make me say it Sekai ;-;