Hi!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for some time now before I joined.

I got into visual novels due to mobile otome games from Voltage a year or 2 ago. Since then, I discovered free indie otome visual novels in English. I'm now trying to read more Japanese visual novels that have been localized on PC.

While I mostly like otome games, I'm open to trying out non-otome games with good stories. So, please recommend some good ones (preferably on Steam and already localized).

Nice to meet you all!

For cliche word here 'Welcome to Fuwanovel, and hope you enjoyed yourself here'.

Looks like recently we had many otome player entering Fuwanovel (Not that I mind though, and of course they always welcomed here). And since you ask Steam translated VN, maybe Clannad, Gahktun, Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2, and Root Double would be good VN for you (Keep in mind that Gahktun was had some sex scene, otherwise all of my recommendation didn't had the scene). Hope you enjoyed those VN.

Thanks for your replies! Grisaia no Kajitsu looks really good but out of my price range at the moment so I'll wait for the sales. I might try Danganronpa soon.

Gahktun sounds interesting but I probably won't be playing it soon due to the sex scenes. I'll check out Root Double.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. And since you talk about money, how about I also offer one of the cheapest VN there, Lucid9. It's free by the way and from what I see the response to Lucid9 was quite positive (And the creator was one of Fuwanovel member by the way). And Eien no Aselia should be good too if you like some gameplay, also quite cheap compared to Grisaia. Hope my two more recommendation there help.

Welcome to the forum, nice to meet you :sachi:

This is very different from otome games, but you did say you were willing to try out other stuff: (They are all all-ages or have censored releases on steam. Have written which one has what next to the game title.)

The devil on G-string (Non 18+ version on steam. It's a battle of wits, mystery type story. The game is quite heavy in both violence and sexual themes, though the version on steam is like I said, a censored version with the H-scenes taken out.)

If my heart had wings (Non 18+ version on steam. The steam version does have a few rather awkward English sentences and a little bit of a wonky translation, but it is still very enjoyable. It's a fluffy and cute slice of life game, with a simple but nice story.)

Planetarian (All-ages. Fairly short nakige. Strongly recommend it.)

Princess Evangile (Non 18+ version on steam. The story is very simple here, but if you like slice of life stories, then I'd give it a shot.)

A kiss for the petals: remembering how we met. (A yuri story. It's short, it's cute and it's all ages. Worth giving it a try if you like yuri.)

Welcome to the fuwa, it's nice to meet ya.

Seems that otome gamers are coming out of the woodwork and into the forums here!:pyaa:

As for VN recommends, i'm totally worthless in that regard, I goof of on games and anime too often.:kosame: So i'm sorry if i'm not any help.

Welp, self loathing aside, I hope we can get along on other things to come, and have fun on all you're endeavors.

Here's some Chaika to show off, cuz into anime right now.

Spoiler

Chaika.Trabant.full.1714323.jpg

Hello and welcome to these forums.

For recommendations that are on Steam, I recommend playing Tokyo Babel and Root Double, two very good visual novels that have come out on Steam in the past few months. I would recommend G Senjou No Maou, but the Steam version isn't the best so I recommend playing the fan TL if you want the h scenes.

I hope to see you around. :miyako:

On 6/7/2016 at 2:51 AM, Dergonu said:

Welcome to the forum, nice to meet you :sachi:

This is very different from otome games, but you did say you were willing to try out other stuff: (They are all all-ages or have censored releases on steam. Have written which one has what next to the game title.)

The devil on G-string (Non 18+ version on steam. It's a battle of wits, mystery type story. The game is quite heavy in both violence and sexual themes, though the version on steam is like I said, a censored version with the H-scenes taken out.)

If my heart had wings (Non 18+ version on steam. The steam version does have a few rather awkward English sentences and a little bit of a wonky translation, but it is still very enjoyable. It's a fluffy and cute slice of life game, with a simple but nice story.)

Planetarian (All-ages. Fairly short nakige. Strongly recommend it.)

Princess Evangile (Non 18+ version on steam. The story is very simple here, but if you like slice of life stories, then I'd give it a shot.)

A kiss for the petals: remembering how we met. (A yuri story. It's short, it's cute and it's all ages. Worth giving it a try if you like yuri.)

Thanks!  Added Planetarian and The Devil on the G-String on my wishlist.

7 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Hello and welcome to these forums.

For recommendations that are on Steam, I recommend playing Tokyo Babel and Root Double, two very good visual novels that have come out on Steam in the past few months. I would recommend G Senjou No Maou, but the Steam version isn't the best so I recommend playing the fan TL if you want the h scenes.

I hope to see you around. :miyako:

I don't really mind playing without H-scenes. Technically, I should not be allowed to play 18+ games anyway. So, the Steam version should be good enough for me, thanks.

6 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

gahkthun of the golden lightning, Neon's a great protagonist, and the banter's entertaining. Arts appealing 2. Oh of course, the most important point, the story pulled me in and i loved it. Its one of those Vns that you could recommend to anyone. Good luck with the good Vn hunting!

Thanks! I'll check it out.