Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Orcsoft Translation Project

ic5m5l.jpg

 

Official Site: http://www.orcsoft.jp/

VNDB Link: http://vndb.org/p1873

 

Introduction

The orcsoft translation project is, as the name might suggest, a project I am launching to translate some of orcsoft's titles. All of these titles are nukige of relatively short length featuring a number of different fetishes. These include but are not limited to: netorare, dark skin, gyaru, hypnotism and prostitution.

 

Recruitment

The long and short of it is we need more members, primarily translators. Given the short length of the titles they require less commitment in terms of time and are therefore excellent for translators just dipping their toes into the visual novel translation scene to get some much needed practice or more established translators with a little free time or looking for a brief break from their current projects and want to polish their h scene translation abilities. The team currently only consists of myself and binaryfail when he isn't too busy. If your interested in helping out contact me via PM or my email xx195x@gmail.com 

 

Titles currently being considered

Kagachi-sama Onagusame Tatematsurimasu ~Netorare Mura Inya Hanashi~

Netorare (obviously), light bondage, corruption

https://vndb.org/v10726

Teisoukannen ZERO ~Yariman Kazoku to Hame Kurui Natsuyasumi~

Art by famous doujinshi author Alice no Takarabako/Mizuryuu Kei featuring characters from one of his commercial manga series.

https://vndb.org/v18279

Sei Yariman Gakuen Enkou Nikki

Prostitution, Gyaru

https://vndb.org/v8456

 

The Team

Team name: Orcs and Goblins and Dwarfs! Oh my!

Project Coordinator: xx195x

Hacker: binaryfail

Translator:

Editor: xx195x

 

Status

This will be updated when things get going.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't get why would you post a "Translation Project" if you don't even have a single translator to begin with, but I'll trust in your ability to lure them out.

Good luck I guess, you'll need it when it comes to recruitment.

By the way, if you're the editor at least try to not make your errors too obvious in the post, because they make people lose their confidence in the final product.

Edited by Aizen-Sama
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aizen-Sama said:

I personally don't get why would you post a "Translation Project" if you don't even have a single translator to begin with

I would have liked to announce after I had one or more translators on board but I struck out on the internet equivalent of cold calling (cold messaging?) so I decided to post in the hopes of reaching a wider potential audience. Instead of messaging people whose tastes I knew nothing about this way anyone who massages me will at least be interested.

1 hour ago, Aizen-Sama said:

I'll trust in your ability to lure them out.

Good luck I guess, you'll need it when it comes to recruitment.

I don't think my pitch is too bad myself but we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aizen-Sama said:

I personally don't get why would you post a "Translation Project" if you don't even have a single translator to begin with

I'm thinking the same thing, but then it occurred to me that it is more or less the same situation as back when I tried to resurrect the Musumaker translation. Through programming/hacking I managed to get the game accept translated text. This placed me in the same category as you with a working game and no translators. I managed to get one translator with the approach you just took with a forum announcement. I then spent the next 5 years recruiting 0 translators through forums. It might have been dumb luck to get a translator by just waiting on a forum, but I did, meaning it is possible. I can't blame you for at least trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tymmur said:

I'm thinking the same thing, but then it occurred to me that it is more or less the same situation as back when I tried to resurrect the Musumaker translation. Through programming/hacking I managed to get the game accept translated text. This placed me in the same category as you with a working game and no translators. I managed to get one translator with the approach you just took with a forum announcement. I then spent the next 5 years recruiting 0 translators through forums. It might have been dumb luck to get a translator by just waiting on a forum, but I did, meaning it is possible. I can't blame you for at least trying.

So my project should be not considered as complete failure because 5 years were not passed yet?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how it panned out or if it's even still going but some guys on 4chan's /h/ board started up a Teisou Kannen ZERO translation project some months ago. So, you may want to avoid starting a translation for that one in particular. Though, it's more likely dead than not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scorp said:

So my project should be not considered as complete failure because 5 years were not passed yet

There is one big difference. I got a translator fairly fast. You only have a google translated intro as proof of concept.

 

Also I just searched the archives and I managed to lure in the translator in just -1 year. In other words I managed to attract a translator from the former translation team of the same VN (I wasn't actually aware of that until now). This mean my forum recruitment managed to attract 0 new translators. Considering how "well" that strategy has worked afterwards, I'm no longer sure just making a forum post can attract new translators to a VN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Quof said:

I have no idea how it panned out or if it's even still going but some guys on 4chan's /h/ board started up a Teisou Kannen ZERO translation project some months ago. So, you may want to avoid starting a translation for that one in particular. Though, it's more likely dead than not. 

Thanks for telling me I will look into it. 

 

2 minutes ago, tymmur said:

Also I just searched the archives and I managed to lure in the translator in just -1 year. In other words I managed to attract a translator from the former translation team of the same VN (I wasn't actually aware of that until now). This mean my forum recruitment managed to attract 0 new translators. Considering how "well" that strategy has worked afterwards, I'm no longer sure just making a forum post can attract new translators to a VN.

Given Quof's post it could happen again. I will say that I went through project threads and found the bare minimum to officially launch a project was a hacker who could both remove the Japanese scripts and insert an English one into the game which, again, I do have thanks to binaryfail. I should also mention once again that these are not particularly long projects so even a single translator should be able to finish one a lot faster than most of the titles being translated on this board at present.

Link to post
Share on other sites

See this thread and good luck on your translation, even though the VNs wasn't my taste. And I'm sorry for my post back at your thread (After all I'd also post in regard of the topic that cause your thread to be locked).

PS - By the way, are you quite fluent in Japan or is Orcsoft games had some complicated language? If you fluent in Japan and Orcsoft games didn't had some complicated language, maybe you could started translating it by yourself. Just my suggestion, okay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...