Walkure Romanze translation please?

Zarkkill

20 hours ago, Qrqe said:

How do you know that its "such a good game" or " needs to get translated" before reading / being able to read it? From the boobs CGs of the game?

Here guessing but maybe he can read Japanese? Also, it seeing to be highly rate by those playing the game https://vndb.org/v4041  

20 hours ago, XReaper said:

1) no 2) if you´re gonna pay them 3) depends

So who the badass with the blades?  

Honestly, if this game should be translated it has to be done through an editor to be legit. The problem with fan translations is that sometimes when a game is fan translated chances for it to be licensed are slightly decreasing. So instead of asking for people to translate it, the best thing to do is going through one of the western publishers and suggest them to license the title, (i personnally would go through jast): there are many people who want this one to be localized in english.

And Ricotta titles and specifically Walkure romanze is for sure "such a good game", it's for good reasons that it was one of the most popular titles in Japan at the moment of it's release. Visuals are superb, i think it definitely features some of the best looking cg you have in the vn medium, and in a fair amount (there are a lot of them) and the chara design is very individual and S rank too (the characters looks gorgeous and especially a specific  blonde knight ...)

I cannot judge the story but it seems that it's quite good given some reports i had and the duration of the game looks decent.

Spoiler

One of the strongest point of this game is the H scenes anyway. :P And the artist is Komori kei which is i think one of the best hentai artists out there..

1 hour ago, Nekolover said:

Here guessing but maybe he can read Japanese? Also, it seeing to be highly rate by those playing the game https://vndb.org/v4041  

I read several reports as well, and a lot of them are ranking the game really, really high.

Like nekolover said maybe he played the game in Japanese to some extend, you don't know. And even if he didn't play the game, it's easy to see it's not your regular poor vn but instead a top notch title, even by looking only the visuals. What is the point in trying to dismiss his opinion? Looks like snobism.

It's not actually a very good game.  Technical production values are high:  Good art, good VAs, decent music.  Even the writing itself isn't bad.

But the story is VERY weak.  It serves mainly as a way to put the characters into sex scenes, with some jousting "action" tossed in there.  It's better than most of the nukige out there, but it certainly isn't an "excellent" title in any other sense.

Another post asking for somebody to translate something for them. Translation is not an easy job. If you really aren't a big fan of a VN, you're not gonna have the best of times rereading lines over and over again to translate them correctly. The only ways that this will happen is if a translator really loves the VN as well and decides to start a TL project or if it gets picked up by a localization company.

1 hour ago, Toranth said:

It's not actually a very good game.  Technical production values are high:  Good art, good VAs, decent music.  Even the writing itself isn't bad.

But the story is VERY weak.  It serves mainly as a way to put the characters into sex scenes, with some jousting "action" tossed in there.  It's better than most of the nukige out there, but it certainly isn't an "excellent" title in any other sense.

I second this. The game is fairly boring if you're looking for anything other than a good fap or two.

6 hours ago, Toranth said:

It's only your own point of view about the story. Actually on an objective side most vn's stories are not so great if you compare them to other medium especially litterature (actually most stories and vn writers would never make it in the litterature market because their stories are simply too weak). What makes VNs interessant is most of the time the atmosphere of the game, the characters, the art, not only the story. It's a combination of things and i see many want to ignore this fact and instead claim to concentrate only on the "story". Sorry but actually if you want only a very good story, Vn is simply not the best medium out there. And by far.

So to me the last statement is highly hypocritical. And i dislike how some people suddenly are not claiming a title is excellent because it has a lot of h scenes and such.You admit the game is amont the top on around every departement: art, va, music, writing, H scenes. All these things are what makes a great vn, and by considering this Walkure romanze is definitely an excellent title (also very highly rated and one of the best sellers in japan when it was released). But yet you try to dismiss it's qualities on the ground of h scenes. I don't like this hypocrisy coming from some vn players.

And like i said, the main artist of the game is an hentai author. So how is it surprising if there is a strong emphasis on H scenes? at least they are doing what they want with is a good thing and are not including "self imposed"  H scenes reluctantly like they were forcing the author to add them. :P

Walkure romanze is an excellent title and i find it so bad that there are people who want to deny it simply because it's a game with an emphasis on h scenes. It doesn't change the game's qualities which are well above average of any of your standard story moege.

Actually  these kind of reaction tend to of proove what was said in another topic "why people feel insecure about the subject of H scenes". But a game with excellent H scenes makes it better not worse. And it should be licensed not fan translated i think; only the editor is the one who can bring the chance to release the game in it's unaltered state without censorship on cg.

13 hours ago, Aei said:

I read several reports as well, and a lot of them are ranking the game really, really high.

Like nekolover said maybe he played the game in Japanese to some extend, you don't know. And even if he didn't play the game, it's easy to see it's not your regular poor vn but instead a top notch title, even by looking only the visuals. What is the point in trying to dismiss his opinion? Looks like snobism.

I have played the game itself, and yep while its not a masterpiece I found it as a better than average (though they milked it way too much) but its not my point. What am I saying is how could he judge from just CGs that its worth of translating and worth of working on it maybe one or two years for another person. If he has read the game and will translate or participate in the team I have no objection, But honestly "hey this game seems cool, someone work a year on it and translate for me so I can see if its good or not" doesnt seem very pleasant from a translator's eyes.

I'll borrow the VirginSmasher's words; "Translation is not an easy job. If you really aren't a big fan of a VN, you're not gonna have the best of times rereading lines over and over again to translate them correctly. "  Translator have to find it "worth of translating" not some random guys like OP who didnt even read the game, or random people like you and me.

1 hour ago, Aei said:

It's only your own point of view about the story. Actually on an objective side most vn's stories are not so great if you compare them to other medium especially litterature (actually most stories and vn writers would never make it in the litterature market because their stories are simply too weak). What makes VNs interessant is most of the time the atmosphere of the game, the characters, the art, not only the story. It's a combination of things and i see many want to ignore this fact and instead claim to concentrate only on the "story". Sorry but actually if you want only a very good story, Vn is simply not the best medium out there. And by far.

So to me the last statement is highly hypocritical. And i dislike how some people suddenly are not claiming a title is excellent because it has a lot of h scenes and such.You admit the game is amont the top on around every departement: art, va, music, writing, H scenes. All these things are what makes a great vn, and by considering this Walkure romanze is definitely an excellent title (also very highly rated and one of the best sellers in japan when it was released). But yet you try to dismiss it's qualities on the ground of h scenes. I don't like this hypocrisy coming from some vn players.

And like i said, the main artist of the game is an hentai author. So how is it surprising if there is a strong emphasis on H scenes? at least they are doing what they want with is a good thing and are not including "self imposed"  H scenes reluctantly like they were forcing the author to add them. :P

Walkure romanze is an excellent title and i find it so bad that there are people who want to deny it simply because it's a game with an emphasis on h scenes. It doesn't change the game's qualities which are well above average of any of your standard story moege.

Actually  these kind of reaction tend to of proove what was said in another topic "why people feel insecure about the subject of H scenes". But a game with excellent H scenes makes it better not worse. And it should be licensed not fan translated i think; only the editor is the one who can bring the chance to release the game in it's unaltered state without censorship on cg.

Ok, calm down.

Walkure Romanze is not an 'excellent' title for anything other than prurient viewing purposes, BECAUSE it has no substance outside of them.  The characters are not deep or well developed and the story is very weak.  These are extremely important facets to any VN than isn't a nukige.  I don't call the game "not very good" because it has h-scenes, I call it not very good because that's ALL it has, but it tries hard to pretend otherwise.  As a straight nukige, it is a failure because you go a long time between h-scenes.

The Japanese love them their cute, though, so good artwork and famous VAs is enough to guarantee the success of any product that isn't total crap.  Walkure Romanze isn't total crap; as I said, it had high technical production values.  It's just shallow and edging on boring, which isn't enough to bring it down to 'bad' ratings.  But if you actually look at what the [NSFW] Japanese rate it and say about it [/NSFW], you'll find it matches what's been said here:  Pretty, but nothing else; 7/10.

I enjoyed playing it for a while.  I'm not so foolish as to mistake enjoyment for quality, though.

You also seem to confuse popular with good.  By your logic, 50 Shades of Grey and the Harry Potter series are amongst the best pieces of literature ever produced by humanity.

3 hours ago, Toranth said:

Ok, calm down.

Walkure Romanze is not an 'excellent' title for anything other than prurient viewing purposes, BECAUSE it has no substance outside of them.  The characters are not deep or well developed and the story is very weak.  These are extremely important facets to any VN than isn't a nukige.  I don't call the game "not very good" because it has h-scenes, I call it not very good because that's ALL it has, but it tries hard to pretend otherwise.  As a straight nukige, it is a failure because you go a long time between h-scenes.

The Japanese love them their cute, though, so good artwork and famous VAs is enough to guarantee the success of any product that isn't total crap.  Walkure Romanze isn't total crap; as I said, it had high technical production values.  It's just shallow and edging on boring, which isn't enough to bring it down to 'bad' ratings.  But if you actually look at what the [NSFW] Japanese rate it and say about it [/NSFW], you'll find it matches what's been said here:  Pretty, but nothing else; 7/10.

No need to say to me to calm down...i provide my perspective on the matter, which is not less relevant that yours. (By the way it's not only mine because a lot of players would say walkure romanze is an excellent title based on evaluations and critics). I may say Walkure romanze is a "masterpiece", my point of view is as valid as yours. And the point i make about the objectives qualities of stories in vn novels is something that most are not willing to accept but actually rather true. Surprisingly you didn't answer about it.

What makes a Visual novel great, is an emsemble of factors, and in many departements, walkure romanze is well above the average, that's why i say it's an excellent visual novel. It's hypocritical to admit the titles has many qualities well above your standard so called "storygames" and then deny it to be an excellent title on the justification you call it a nukige and then suddenly you cannot say it's an excellent work anymore (omg, it's a nukige, it cannot be excellent!) . You ignore that having a story create an atmosphere and a sense of attachement, as well many time what people call "good stories" in vn is something highly dependant of these two factors. And i completely disagree about your point about  "As a straight nukige, it is a failure because you go a long time between h-scenes". First, generally i dislike the term nukige, but even if you call a game like this it doesn't mean that it shouldn't have developpement, story and anything else that just h scenes. Sorry but what makes it appealing to me it that there are H scenes and a story as well which makes it even better. I don't see how it is a bad point that there is others things that just the H scenes in it and that there is a long time between them.

I enjoyed playing it for a while.  I'm not so foolish as to mistake enjoyment for quality, though.

Sorry but i think you act like a snob. You don't possess the truth. It's only your own point of view, and you have no relevance to judge others as what constitues quality for them or about a so called objective quality measuring. What i make relevance is your hypotrical stance as you obvious can't say it's bad given the titles qualities, yet the fact you come up to the conclusion it's not an excellent title while it's better than many others  in many aspects.

Also erogamescape doesn't by any way represent an objective measure of quality nor a measure of every japanese vn players (and by the way most of the people ranked it between 70 and 89 which is a pretty good scoring range.)

Go look for this review to see that story by itself is not what makes a good vn for many, please don't say things that doesn't make sense like "japanese rate this and say about it"... the opinion depends of the persons : http://eroge-hyouka.com/2012/01/post-64.html

You also seem to confuse popular with good.  By your logic, 50 Shades of Grey and the Harry Potter series are amongst the best pieces of literature ever produced by humanity.

I never said Walkure romanze is "among the best pieces of litterature ever produced by humanity", (please notice the difference of saying it's excellent) and yet this statement is Subjective. Sorry, but there isn't any Vn which could be considered as something among the best pieces by litterature standards or even above average in this concern. Most would be rather considered as plainly bad or below average. Virtually none if none of the vn author and stories would ever make it in the litterature market or as stand alone authors: the stories and writing they provide is simply not good enough for it. Vn point is not on the stories alone otherwise it would have failed very big. You can say what you want but you can't deny this fact.

If something is popular, it means that it has some qualities which makes them appealling to a lot of people. I know there are people who act like there is a so called objective value of what constitues quality and like . What constitues a masterpiece or an excellent piece is subjective, and you might not like 50 shades of grey and Harry potter you can't deny the impact they make on general appeal and the quality they may display that please to many people. It makes me think about the ones who like to talk about things in art and music that no ones like and yet claim that it's of way better objective quality despite it being so impopular in cases. Walkure romanze is an excellent Vn because of it's objectives qualities. And one could say that the fact it has strong emphasis of very high quality H in it makes it even better.

2 hours ago, Aei said:

No need to say to me to calm down...i provide my perspective on the matter, which is not less relevant that yours. (By the way it's not only mine because a lot of players would say walkure romanze is an excellent title based on evaluations and critics). I may say Walkure romanze is a "masterpiece", my point of view is as valid as yours. And the point i make about the objectives qualities of stories in vn novels is something that most are not willing to accept but actually rather true. Surprisingly you didn't answer about it.

What makes a Visual novel great, is an emsemble of factors, and in many departements, walkure romanze is well above the average, that's why i say it's an excellent visual novel. It's hypocritical to admit the titles has many qualities well above your standard so called "storygames" and then deny it to be an excellent title on the justification you call it a nukige and then suddenly you cannot say it's an excellent work anymore (omg, it's a nukige, it cannot be excellent!) . You ignore that having a story create an atmosphere and a sense of attachement, as well many time what people call "good stories" in vn is something highly dependant of these two factors. And i completely disagree about your point about  "As a straight nukige, it is a failure because you go a long time between h-scenes". First, generally i dislike the term nukige, but even if you call a game like this it doesn't mean that it shouldn't have developpement, story and anything else that just h scenes. Sorry but what makes it appealing to me it that there are H scenes and a story as well which makes it even better. I don't see how it is a bad point that there is others things that just the H scenes in it and that there is a long time between them.

Sorry but i think you act like a snob. You don't possess the truth. It's only your own point of view, and you have no relevance to judge others as what constitues quality for them or about a so called objective quality measuring. What i make relevance is your hypotrical stance as you obvious can't say it's bad given the titles qualities, yet the fact you come up to the conclusion it's not an excellent title while it's better than many others  in many aspects.

Also erogamescape doesn't by any way represent an objective measure of quality nor a measure of every japanese vn players (and by the way most of the people ranked it between 70 and 89 which is a pretty good scoring range.)

There is no need to make false analogies. I never said Walkure romanze is "among the best pieces of litterature ever produced by humanity", (please notice the difference of saying it's excellent) and yet this statement is Subjective. Sorry, but there isn't any Vn which could be considered as something among the best pieces by litterature standards or even above average in this concern. Most would be rather considered as plainly bad or below average. Virtually none if none of the vn author and stories would ever make it in the litterature market or as stand alone authors: the stories and writing they provide is simply not good enough for it. Vn point is not on the stories alone otherwise it would have failed very big. You can say what you want but you can't deny this fact.

If something is popular, it means that it has some qualities which makes them appealling to a lot of people. I know there are people who act like there is a so called objective value of what constitues quality and like . What constitues a masterpiece or an excellent piece is subjective, and you might not like 50 shades of grey and Harry potter you can't deny the impact they make on general appeal and the quality they may display that please to many people. It makes me think about the ones who like to talk about things in art and music that no ones like and yet claim that it's of way better objective quality despite it being so impopular in cases. Walkure romanze is an excellent Vn because of it's objectives qualities. And one could say that the fact it has strong emphasis of very high quality H in it makes it even better.

There are so many inconsistencies and logical failures in this post, it's hard to know where to begin.

First, I'm telling you to calm down because you are becoming rude and insulting.  It is easy to disagree with someone without calling them rude names.

You repeated assertion that "That's only my opinion" is not an argument, nor is it conductive to a discussion.  It is, in fact, the anti-discussion.  If you truly believe that all opinions are equal, then there is no point in holding a discussion on the merits of anything.  Your posts are therefore doing nothing more than wasting the time of everyone in this thread.  Making wild claims about the quality of a product ("excellent" "masterpiece") requires support, as you aren't just expressing a personal opinion.  The only claim you can make that is purely opinion is "I liked it" or "I didn't like it".  Anything else starts dragging other people, and other products, into it and becomes subject to objective (no 's') measures.

You also seem to miss out on the entire oddity of you attempting to force your opinion that all opinions are equal on me, while ignoring my opinion that opinions on quality need to be back up by evidence.  Why should your opinion on the nature of opinions be more valid than mine?  That's just, like, your opinion, man!

The reason I didn't bother with your aside about the objective (no 's') quality of most VNs is because I didn't disagree.  Sturgeon's Law applies here, as with all other forms of writing:  90% of all writing, VN, novel, light novel, comic, doesn't matter - is crap.  But no, VNs are not all crap writing that cannot compare to novels.  Clannad, for example, is very well respected, still one of the most highly rated VNs ever.  It won awards, including for the writing.  Do you think it was popular because of the H-scenes?  No, there weren't any.  Because of the art?  Itaru art, seriously, no.  Maybe because of the voice acting?  Original release was unvoiced, so no.  It was praised, and received national awards, because of the writing.

By the way, when you claim that something is very good or 'excellent', you are claiming that it is BETTER than all the rest of that material.  How can you both claim that something is not very good, and excellent, at the same time?

Also, be careful trying to compare a VN directly to a novel.  Novels are a pure text media format, while VNs are combined visual, audio, and textual.  It is legitimate to compare the writing of a VN to a novel, but sometimes the lack of visual cues can cause the writing, taken alone, to look bad when it works when complete.  As you said, it is an ensemble of all its components.  It is unfortunate that you then try to claim that something that is, by your own admission, only "better than average" is somehow "excellent".

Now, about h-scenes, you seem oddly obsessed with the topic, and this seems to be interfering with your reading comprehension.  I did not call Walkure Romanze a nukige.  I have not condemned the sex scenes.  In fact, I praised them.  I said that the sex scenes were the only "excellent" part of the game, and that the rest of the material lacks enough quality to serve a purpose other than tying them together.  I then said that, if the game was a nukige, it would be a failure, because the sex scenes are too far apart.  But, since Walkure Romanze isn't a nukige, that isn't the problem.  The problem is that those long segments before the sex scenes are shallow and boring.

The entire point of mentioning the erogamescape rating was because you kept trying to claim that other people, including the Japanese, loved it and ranked it highly.  I was pointing out that no, in fact, my opinion is pretty common amongst people that rated it, and the ranking isn't very high.  In fact, Walkure Romanze doesn't even come in the top 1500 games on erogramescape.  That is pretty strong evidence that other people do not find it "excellent" or "very good" - remember, a majority of people rated the game at 74 or below.

And that's why it was relevant (it was not an analogy at all) to show that your claim that the game was popular did not reflect upon its quality, even if your claim was correct.  50 Shades and Harry Potter are popular series of books, but are not in any way 'excellent'.  And claiming it is 'excellent', by the way, IS claiming it is among the best works.  That's what the word means.

Relating back to what I said about the sex scenes, the problem with Walkure Romanze is that of the 20 hours you will play the game, 15 or so are 'story' and 'character' driven.  By choosing to play this game at all, you are choosing to play a story and character driven game.  If you want sex scenes, choose a nukige.  If you want just pretty pictures, go browse pixiv.  If you play Walkure Romanze, you are getting a story and character centered game.  Trying to then claim that one should not judge the game by the quality of the material that makes up the vast majority of the game, and that the game advertised itself as containing, is just silly.  The story and characters are as much a part of the game as everything else, and need to be taken into account when judging quality.  If Walkure Romanze had poor art, dull music, and uninspired VAs, with the exact same story and characters, then it would be a BAD game, as opposed to merely above average. 

TL;DR - Walkure Romanze is an above average game overall, but it is NOT "very good", much less "excellent", because despite the technical production values that went into it, the focus of the game, to wit, the story and characters, are shallow and not well developed.

If you want to claim that you LIKE the game, fine.  That is purely a matter of opinion.

If you want to claim that the game is 'excellent', you will need to justify your argument, because you are saying that the game is objectively better than almost all other games, whether you liked it or not.

4 hours ago, Toranth said:

There are so many inconsistencies and logical failures in this post, it's hard to know where to begin.

First, I'm telling you to calm down because you are becoming rude and insulting.  It is easy to disagree with someone without calling them rude names.

You repeated assertion that "That's only my opinion" is not an argument, nor is it conductive to a discussion.  It is, in fact, the anti-discussion.  If you truly believe that all opinions are equal, then there is no point in holding a discussion on the merits of anything.  Your posts are therefore doing nothing more than wasting the time of everyone in this thread.  Making wild claims about the quality of a product ("excellent" "masterpiece") requires support, as you aren't just expressing a personal opinion.  The only claim you can make that is purely opinion is "I liked it" or "I didn't like it".  Anything else starts dragging other people, and other products, into it and becomes subject to objective (no 's') measures.

You also seem to miss out on the entire oddity of you attempting to force your opinion that all opinions are equal on me, while ignoring my opinion that opinions on quality need to be back up by evidence.  Why should your opinion on the nature of opinions be more valid than mine?  That's just, like, your opinion, man!

The reason I didn't bother with your aside about the objective (no 's') quality of most VNs is because I didn't disagree.  Sturgeon's Law applies here, as with all other forms of writing:  90% of all writing, VN, novel, light novel, comic, doesn't matter - is crap.  But no, VNs are not all crap writing that cannot compare to novels.  Clannad, for example, is very well respected, still one of the most highly rated VNs ever.  It won awards, including for the writing.  Do you think it was popular because of the H-scenes?  No, there weren't any.  Because of the art?  Itaru art, seriously, no.  Maybe because of the voice acting?  Original release was unvoiced, so no.  It was praised, and received national awards, because of the writing.

By the way, when you claim that something is very good or 'excellent', you are claiming that it is BETTER than all the rest of that material.  How can you both claim that something is not very good, and excellent, at the same time?

Also, be careful trying to compare a VN directly to a novel.  Novels are a pure text media format, while VNs are combined visual, audio, and textual.  It is legitimate to compare the writing of a VN to a novel, but sometimes the lack of visual cues can cause the writing, taken alone, to look bad when it works when complete.  As you said, it is an ensemble of all its components.  It is unfortunate that you then try to claim that something that is, by your own admission, only "better than average" is somehow "excellent".

Now, about h-scenes, you seem oddly obsessed with the topic, and this seems to be interfering with your reading comprehension.  I did not call Walkure Romanze a nukige.  I have not condemned the sex scenes.  In fact, I praised them.  I said that the sex scenes were the only "excellent" part of the game, and that the rest of the material lacks enough quality to serve a purpose other than tying them together.  I then said that, if the game was a nukige, it would be a failure, because the sex scenes are too far apart.  But, since Walkure Romanze isn't a nukige, that isn't the problem.  The problem is that those long segments before the sex scenes are shallow and boring.

The entire point of mentioning the erogamescape rating was because you kept trying to claim that other people, including the Japanese, loved it and ranked it highly.  I was pointing out that no, in fact, my opinion is pretty common amongst people that rated it, and the ranking isn't very high.  In fact, Walkure Romanze doesn't even come in the top 1500 games on erogramescape.  That is pretty strong evidence that other people do not find it "excellent" or "very good" - remember, a majority of people rated the game at 74 or below.

And that's why it was relevant (it was not an analogy at all) to show that your claim that the game was popular did not reflect upon its quality, even if your claim was correct.  50 Shades and Harry Potter are popular series of books, but are not in any way 'excellent'.  And claiming it is 'excellent', by the way, IS claiming it is among the best works.  That's what the word means.

Relating back to what I said about the sex scenes, the problem with Walkure Romanze is that of the 20 hours you will play the game, 15 or so are 'story' and 'character' driven.  By choosing to play this game at all, you are choosing to play a story and character driven game.  If you want sex scenes, choose a nukige.  If you want just pretty pictures, go browse pixiv.  If you play Walkure Romanze, you are getting a story and character centered game.  Trying to then claim that one should not judge the game by the quality of the material that makes up the vast majority of the game, and that the game advertised itself as containing, is just silly.  The story and characters are as much a part of the game as everything else, and need to be taken into account when judging quality.  If Walkure Romanze had poor art, dull music, and uninspired VAs, with the exact same story and characters, then it would be a BAD game, as opposed to merely above average. 

TL;DR - Walkure Romanze is an above average game overall, but it is NOT "very good", much less "excellent", because despite the technical production values that went into it, the focus of the game, to wit, the story and characters, are shallow and not well developed.

If you want to claim that you LIKE the game, fine.  That is purely a matter of opinion.

If you want to claim that the game is 'excellent', you will need to justify your argument, because you are saying that the game is objectively better than almost all other games, whether you liked it or not.

Erogamescape is not the graal which represent the whole of the japanese vn readers. There are places where the game is rated highter and by the way, I  don't see how a single website is a reference to judge a vn quality especially considering the score in it is nowhere "average", most people rated it between 70 and 89 which is a pretty good score.

On vndb the game is scored a strong 8. Definitely not an average score as well. So i don't see your point.

By the way I deleted my previous long post because it was not worthy at all to respond in great deal to you. This "discussion" was stupid and ridiculous. I don't understand what was the big deal with me only stating my opinion about the title. If i consider that it's an excellent vn i am perfectly entitled to my opinion regarding the objectives qualities it has.

There's some interesting debate here, but since looks like it's going in circle ie not productive like last 2 locked one, I would like to ask either @Kaguya, @Nosebleed, @Down, or any board moderator here to just lock this thread before too late.

To answer OP question here, there's a translation team who translate this before, but it was dead right now ie not continuing. The last post was from November 2nd, 2015 (Just search Wakarimashita Translation on Google if you want to know since right now I was using tab and couldn't make the link ie too bothersome to type the link).

Okay, I just did a quick research and find out that this game had all star seiyuu in eroge like Taguchi Hiroko, Nabatame Hitomi, and especially Kawashima Rino here who voiced Aei waifu here (Celia). VNDB average score was quite good (At 8.01 right now), and one user there was create the discussion praising this VN. Other than that, not much impression although I'd also find out that one of scenario writer also responsible for Shinikiss scenario writing (Orgel). About this game good or bad, well to each of their own here.

I think that's all for my last post here, and good night.

I think it would be too bad to lock the topic...up to there everything was fine then it ended into me having to prove objectively my statement about the fact i think the game is "excellent"...:à

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

About this game good or bad, well to each of their own here.

Those are wise words.:)

In conclusion: I say that Walkure romanze is an excellent title: it's my right and sorry, you have the right to disagree Toranth but there is no point into going into a pseudo objective discourse and going into great lenght to proove me i am wrong because basically, you can't. It's pointless and doesn't make any sense. I said that the title was excellent regarding it's objective qualities but if you disagree then it's fine. If you don't like some of the words i used before like "hypocritical" and such, just consider they are aimed at what you said and not you personnally. You many times came of at me with an insulting tone, so please don't act like i insulted you or like you were the victim here. There were none, and basically it was just a pointless discussion.

1 hour ago, Aei said:

I think it would be too bad to lock the topic...

I'll agree that you and I are going around in circles, and there isn't any point to continuing our discourse here. 

Still, I think it is unlikely that Walkure Romanze will see a commercial translation anytime soon.  Maybe if the anime had been more successful...  but if you want to start a fan translation, I'm there are people that would appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, Toranth said:

I'll agree that you and I are going around in circles, and there isn't any point to continuing our discourse here. 

Still, I think it is unlikely that Walkure Romanze will see a commercial translation anytime soon.  Maybe if the anime had been more successful...  but if you want to start a fan translation, I'm there are people that would appreciate it.

And now you act like you add nothing to do with the problem...:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Aei said:

And now you act like you add nothing to do with the problem...:rolleyes:

What problem?  Us disagreeing?  Or you insulting me?  Or you refusing to let it go, and trying to get in one last attack?

Maybe the thread does need to be locked, just to make you stop.

30 minutes ago, Toranth said:

What problem?  Us disagreeing?  Or you insulting me?  Or you refusing to let it go, and trying to get in one last attack?

Maybe the thread does need to be locked, just to make you stop.

Which problem? The fact it became a fuss just because i disagreed with one of your posts and said that the game is an excellent vn (with my reasons)which it seems was a big deal for you (i tried to loose it up at some point and you still came back with an angrier post). You keep attacking me in your post whereas i was stating my opinion there. That's only why i replied. I wouldn't have if you didn't made derogatory comments.

Where did i insult you? I never did.

I was just making reference to the fact that you had a big role into the thread degrading itself, as well as myself taking part into this ridiculous "discussion". don't make me look the bad one, at first, i was simply expressing my disagreement with one of your posts. It was just a little remainder because you reacted like you didn't have nothing to do in the matter at all, whereas you came of as abrasive in your previous posts.

21 hours ago, Zarkkill said:

is anyone working on a Walkure Romanze translation? if not can we get some people on that it needs to get translated its such a good VN.

Your answer was the first one posted.

20 hours ago, XReaper said:

1) no 2) if you´re gonna pay them 3) depends

To expound upon this - translating Japanese to English is a skill, and then getting it coded into a game patch is also a skill. Essentially, a lot of translations/localizations that aren't done by an actual company (MangaGamer / Sekai Project / JAST) are done pretty much by fans of the work who either have the skills to do it themselves, or can pay those who have the skills to do it. It's usually more the former than the latter, and in those cases it wouldn't surprise me if they keep quiet until they're close to done, so they don't get stressed by others asking when it will be done.

So basically, it's considered tres gauche to simply just ask if someone's working on something and suggest it gets worked on without a plan.

I find it very controversial to pay people if you take the case of fan translators, given that the localization is not official at all and pretty much illegal.

And fan translating is a double edged sword, because it can make a title less likely to be licensed; i saw Peter pain from JAST say something close to that in JAST forums.

I think a title like Walkure romanze would be better officially translated and released than fan translated.

Walkure Romanze is a pretty enjoyable VN. There's your typical tsundere, naive, childhood friend kind of characters, while the protagonist is a nice dude. The VA cast did an amazing work in this VN, imo. The jousting theme was a different read for me, since I had never read anything about it. The H-scenes was really well drawn, with all the girls being very beautiful in all their individual ways. A good fap material. A solid 8/10 for me.

That said, I don't believe we'll see this title oficially translated any time soon. I haven't seem any localization company showing interest in a partnership with Ricotta. In fact, I think Princess Lover! would have a better chance at being translated, since it seems to be more known because its anime was pretty popular when it aired.