Dropped animes = suicide

Snaiki

So I was wondering, what animes are there that because of the manga having little content, not being popular, or going into a "rest" were dropped?

I would like to know which animes you are still waiting for, like an old lady whose husband went out to buy cigarettes and never came back. Or what animes do you think will leave in the future.

In my case, of course, I'm still waiting for the popular ones like DanMachi. I don't know, there's something about RPG like animes that I just can't get enough of. Like GATE too.

The biggest dissapointments in my case would be Beelzebub and Groove Adventure Rave. Rave was the past series of the creator of fairy tail, and I loved the anime! But it ended! Like (insert number here) years ago. It is depressing! And I don't want to hear the "manga is available" thing. I know there is manga, and its ok too, but when you start an anime and move to its manga there is something wrong about it. A feeling you get.

B)

After watching Mondaiji-tachi, I so very desperately want a second season for it, but alas, that's not going to happen. At least I have light novels.

Another two are from my favorite animes, Hyouka and OreGairu, but Hyouka isn't going to happen because of the amount of source material for a second season is lacking, and OreGairu could happen, but thne it's going to take a while. One other such LN adaptation is Overlord, which I crave for oh so much.

RIP

There are definitely some anime that I would break kneecaps to get continuations of. Sadly, most of the ones that I want are pretty old and probably never gonna happen. I NEED a modern remake of Legend of Basara so badly, DAMMIT! :saber: My hope isn't completely dashed though with modern adaptations of things like Parasyte and the early parts of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, if those can happen anything can happen.

The only current ones I want are Kekkai Sensen, Overlord, Prison school, and maybe No Game No Life. I hope at least one of these gets a continuation, but until then I can wait. (Until I inevitably cave and read their source material.) :wafuu:

Oregairu for LNs - I'm dying for the rest of this, though I'm reading the LNs anyway, and Nisekoi for manga (yes I know others here hate it after season 1 but I love it) but it goes way too slowly in manga form for me to read it so I'm waiting completely blind on this one.

Haruhi Suzumiya is probably the biggest disappointment for me. Light novels are basically stalled and thus season 3 will never happen.

There's also the classical Index season 3 that'll never happen. With one of the most popular light novel series currently existing, for some reason Index just never gets a sequel anime.

24 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Oregairu for LNs - I'm dying for the rest of this, though I'm reading the LNs anyway, and Nisekoi for manga (yes I know others here hate it after season 1 but I love it) but it goes way too slowly in manga form for me to read it so I'm waiting completely blind on this one.

Funny enough, the Nisekoi manga is actually about to end and things have been progressing after like chapter 170. You should really give it a chance because there's no news on season 3 and season 2 already botched most of the story.

Oh I forgot one. My favorite manga of ALL time, Binbougami Ga, only got a 1 cour anime (which was hilarious) thst adapted only 10 chapters, despite being a completed manga series. There's so many amazing arcs that happen after the anime and the conclusion is so good. I have no clue why nobody invested on a sequel.

47 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Funny enough, the Nisekoi manga is actually about to end and things have been progressing after like chapter 170. You should really give it a chance because there's no news on season 3 and season 2 already botched most of the story.

Understood - however understand that one of the major reasons I love the anime is I love the VAs of all 4 main girls. They're just superb which alone makes the anime rate much better for me (I don't mean compared to the manga, just absolutely).

3 hours ago, Arcadeotic said:

After watching Mondaiji-tachi, I so very desperately want a second season for it, but alas, that's not going to happen. At least I have light novels.

Another two are from my favorite animes, Hyouka and OreGairu, but Hyouka isn't going to happen because of the amount of source material for a second season is lacking, and OreGairu could happen, but thne it's going to take a while. One other such LN adaptation is Overlord, which I crave for oh so much.

RIP

Mondaji-tachi was so awesome -w-. but I've heard rumors that in the manga the MC is even more OP. Maybe I'll check it out. Hyouka I don't think I've seen it. OreGairu I liked, but at the moment was too busy with other ones.
But overlord. OMG, dude that was so awesome, I'm craving for it too :3

3 hours ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Nichijou and PSG

Haha Nichijou? Thats kind of weird, I think you are the first one I've heard that from. PSG is Panty & Stocking is it not? Never really watched it :9

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

I'm in the "not well known enough/too obscure" section, wishing for, one day, seeing an anime adaptation of Psyren and/or Übel Blatt. Dang, would anime adaptations of these two be friggin awesome...

And here I thought I was the only weirdo that read Übel Blatt, but honestly I have no hope.

(By the way, Übel Blatt is cool not weird) xD

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Oh I forgot one. My favorite manga of ALL time, Binbougami Ga, only got a 1 cour anime (which was hilarious) thst adapted only 10 chapters, despite being a completed manga series. There's so many amazing arcs that happen after the anime and the conclusion is so good. I have no clue why nobody invested on a sequel.

Binbougami was epic. I think I actually have a thing for her r_r

And by the way, someone remembers Air Gear? Man the arcs that go after the anime are so cool. The

fights become so extreme that it actually is like a diferent anime :D

5 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

You called me a weirdo? How dare you, my good sir!

I'll let you know that I'm a Blatt Master :makina:

Aren't you Jun? Aren't you like the loli master instead?

19 minutes ago, Snaiki said:

And here I thought I was the only weirdo that read Übel Blatt, but honestly I have no hope.

(By the way, Übel Blatt is cool not weird) xD

I didn't call it weird O:

Btw, it would be better if you put the different quotes in one message, instead of penta-posting (is that even a real compound word?).

2 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I didn't call it weird O:

Btw, it would be better if you put the different quotes in one message, instead of penta-posting (is that even a real compound word?).

Haha sorry, see the bright side, you get to see Beel in frog 5 times.

Actually, I called Uber weird because I called us weirdos, ok forget it now I'm depressed -_-

8 minutes ago, Snaiki said:

Haha sorry, see the bright side, you get to see Beel in frog 5 times.

Actually, I called Uber weird because I called us weirdos, ok forget it now I'm depressed -_-

You called me a weirdo? How dare you, my good sir!

I'll let you know that I'm a Blatt Master :makina:

Well, D.Gray-Man was on hiatus for what, like 8 years? But, I'm really happy right now because the manga finally continued and they are announcing a new season of the anime :D Decided to re-watch all 100-ish episodes of the old season since I forgot most of the story already - been years since I watched that anime.

Overlord, Kaiji, Ookami to Koushinryou, No game no life and etc.

Madhouse, you broke me, thank you :makina:

Last years i stopped watching anime that do not have an end. It's just painful to wait, and anyway most likely never show its end. If source is complete, then i use anime like prologue, then read original from beginning.

That was turned me on VN's , the superior media genre.

5 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Overlord, Kaiji, Ookami to Koushinryou, No game no life and etc.

Madhouse, you broke me, thank you :makina:

Last years i stopped watching anime that do not have an end. It's just painful to wait, and anyway most likely never show its end. If source is complete, then i use anime like prologue, then read original from beginning.

That was turned me on VN's , the superior media genre.

Wait, Kaiji had more to it than what the anime showed?

I generally try to stay away from anime that are based off of manga that haven't ended/ didn't get a sequel.

But of course, there are those few that slip by: Gantz, Akame ga Kill!, Gangsta, Overlord, Nichijou, One Punch Man and Rokka no Yuusha.

Agreed with Mondaiji-tachi, Haruhi, and Kaze no Stigma, in that order (though that last one's really, really never going to happen...). I'm constantly hopeful that the Haruhi author will decide to complete the series, and then to hype it up they'll make a season 3 of the anime to pick up where they left off before since there's still a lot of LN content they haven't covered in the anime. As for Mondaiji-tachi, I don't even know why they aren't continuing that anime... I'd buy it all in a heartbeat, and I'd Kickstart the shit out of anybody bringing official translations of the LNs.

One more to add: Kokoro Connect. I am always ready for more Kokoro Connect, and there's plenty of LNs still out there.

19 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

Wait, Kaiji had more to it than what the anime showed?

Yes it is.

There are 5 manga parts, and anime adapted only first 2 of them. Btw 5 part is still ongoing.

Anyway 2 seasons is like a miracle for madhouse...Made me think - their main goal is to boost sales of source, and they never think about end something, even if it's good.