Muv Luv Altered Fable crashes

Sparteh

Today I downloaded Muv Luv Altered Fable. It starts fine and all, but it crashes very soon. It happens after a few minutes of playing during scene where MC, Kasami, Sumika and Mitsurugi sisters go to school after part where cooking contest is decided. I get error message similar to that which player can get during original Muv Luv Sumika's route, Unlimited prior the last MC's daughter's scene or during Alternative after last cutscene before credits...

I find that the engine muv luv used never really got along with windows 8 and up, if you are on those try running it through a virtual machine.

I got the same issue with Altered fable though never got around to trying a VM or older OS but it usually works for other visual novels that didnt work on Windows 8 +.

I remember when I tried it last year there were some complicated ways to avoid most of the crashes but eventually I reached a point where the method stopped working. I was so hoping someone somewhere will keep working on this I so wanna play it after the rolercoster ride that was Alternative. Guess I better keep hoping someone will decide to finish it some day. And fix some of the bugs of course. I am on windows 7 btw.

• 3 months later...