Love Sweets English Release Announced.

Decay

Moonstone are partners with MangaGamer, with MG having translated Princess Evangile and Imouto Paradise from them, and are currently working on W Happiness and ImoPara2. Yet this announcement is made independent of MG, with no word from them or any of their staff about this, creating a somewhat confusing situation. Some are speculating that e2gaming, the people behind the recently botched Taisho x Alice announcement, are the ones behind this. They had some moonstone games listed on their site before they switched it to being fully about TxA. Or maybe Moonstone is going the Front Wing route and doing everything themselves from now on? 

Either way, this is seemingly happening, "soon." I'm a little weary of what the end product will be like since MG isn't involved.

Hm, Mangagamer said on Anime Central, that they had really good partnership with Moonstone. But they don't want to pick up other title at the moment. They should translate at first WHappiness and ImoPara 2. "If we will write and ask for pick up other title, we can destroy everything"... Or how did they say? Something like that.

So, they don't have any reason to pick up this title. So strange... 

Also, Moonstone never tweeted about such things in their Twitter.

Even if it's a new part as a in-house translation team... Hm. I usually see their openings and... "Did why dead gone? What happened?". I'm not a native English speaker, but I think that it's not right.

So, I feel anxious. But just wait and see.

P.S. I wanted Sakuranomori :( But okay, more Moonstone games is great. 

34 minutes ago, Veshurik said:

Hm, Mangagamer said on Anime Central, that they had really good partnership with Moonstone. But they don't want to pick up other title at the moment. They should translate at first WHappiness and ImoPara 2. "If we will write and ask for pick up other title, we can destroy everything"... Or how did they say? Something like that.

So, they don't have any reason to pick up this title. So strange... 

Also, Moonstone never tweeted about such things in their Twitter.

Even if it's a new part as a in-house translation team... Hm. I usually see their openings and... "Did why dead gone? What happened?". I'm not a native English speaker, but I think that it's not right.

So, I feel anxious. But just wait and see.

P.S. I wanted Sakuranomori :( But okay, more Moonstone games is great. 

I wouldn't associate engrish in OPs to with their actual ability to do an in-house translation. One is probably just done by some random intern using google translate, and the other would hopefully be done by actual translators they'd hire. They would never bother to hire a translator just for some brief, incidental text they don't expect most of their audience to be able to understand anyway. 

That said, the track record for in-house translations is very poor, so I'm still not particularly optimistic either way.

I think that it's in-house translation... Or something else? Because Mangagamer says that they don't have plans for "Love Sweets" and they busy with ImoPara 2 and W Happiness. 

So strange situation. Maybe, developers inspired by Frontwing?

4 hours ago, Crayten said:

As long a good translated 18+ Version is garuanteed im fine with it.

only time will tell if the quality is a satisfactionary one, but them going for a 18+ version as well is pretty much guarantied, i mean they arent oblivious as to what´s been selling like sweet & fresh mankos over at mg.

edit: did i already mention that i dont like that trend of those devs all going solo? only frontwing managed to deliver sth which reads somehow in a good manner so far, but when looking at some other, partly major players, then i cant shake off that feeling of dread. *cough, key, cough

I started reading this one in VNReader well over a year ago but ended up dropping it. Pretty much replace Student Council with a fancy Cafe and you have this VN. Can't say I'm too excited, but I'll probably end up getting it if it's 18+ in hopes they bring one of their more interesting VNs. Would really like to see Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia or Sakura no Mori translated. Honestly though I'd take Demon Busters over this.

Interesting news I guess, although from the description at VNDB looks like it'll be standard slice of life VN ie moege with cafe setting there. The premise would be our MC here want to get a girlfriend before he graduate, so he decided to work part time on cafe and get close to 1 of 5 heroines. For the girls uniform, I think it would be combination of Free Friend 1 for the upper part and Chihaya (Rewrite) skirt for the bottom part (Based on color). About the seiyuu, compared to Evangile I think the seiyuu here was had more work in untranslated VN. Oh, and for the opening, I think it was quite standard. And for last word, i think I'll keep my eye on this project for now (Beside, if Moonstone was really did this, it mean that Japanese VN Developer was indeed see some potential in international market).

PS - For the score, well it was quite average both at VNDB and EGS (VNDB was at 7.26 with 54 votes for now, while EGS was at 77 with 136 votes).

I doubt the translation will be shit. Moonstone has experience selling their stuff in the western market and they probably know what to do and what not to do. I bet they got some of MG's staff to translate it. Wouldn't it be funny if the big countdown was for this? Everyone is expecting something major but watch it be some random moege.

35 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

I doubt the translation will be shit. Moonstone has experience selling their stuff in the western market and they probably know what to do and what not to do. I bet they got some of MG's staff to translate it. Wouldn't it be funny if the big countdown was for this? Everyone is expecting something major but watch it be some random moege.

Well, if anyone from Mangagamer was working on it they'd probably say. 

2 hours ago, Erogamer said:

To me this is a bit disturbing. First Frontwing and now Moonstone doing in house translations? Where does that leave western publishing companies? Are they going to eventually be ditched and forced to close up shop?

Well to be fair the western publishing companies rarely choose VNs that are at least half way decent. I can only see this as an upgrade.