VN translators on Twitter counting down

Lifted directly from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/4lwz70/a_bunch_of_vn_translators_on_twitter_such_as/

For the past few days, several notable VN translators on twitter seem to be counting down to something, taking turns tweeting a number each day. It started on Saturday, May 28th with "6", and has continued with 5, 4, and today 3, which will make "0" be on Friday, June 3rd.

Here are the tweets so far:

"6": Reading Steiner (Steins;Gate VN and side materials):https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/736577130528702465

"5": Conjueror (Himawari): https://twitter.com/Conjueror/status/736935373482250242

"4": Blick Winkel (Steins;Gate VN, Root Double): https://twitter.com/lemnis_ca/status/737420392982188032

"3": Gare (Himawari, Fan translation of Dies Irae prologue):https://twitter.com/_garejei/status/737658885981491200

Now as for what this means, seems obvious that there's going to be some sort of big announcement on Friday (unless we're being trolled of course). As for what this announcement will be, we've known for a while that Conjueror and Gare and been working on some super secret project together for some time now, so I assume it'll be that. Also, Winkel hasn't said he's been working on anything, but Reading Steiner has said he's currently doing 2 non-SciADV translations, so it can thus be assumed one of them is the same thing as Conjueror's & Gare's super secret project.

So, with all these big names counting down to something, get ready for a big VN announement on Friday!

pleasebediesiraepleasebediesiraepleasebediesiraepleasebediesiraepleasebediesiraepleasebediesiraepleasebediesiraepleasebediesirae

I caught 1 of those tweets but missed the rest of them. Personally I'm hoping for something with gameplay, but that's just me.

And yes, I just copied the post wholesale. Yes, that's the second time I've done that today. Yes, I'm a lazy, lazy man. No, I'm beyond caring. Yes, I WOULD like some cookies, thank you for offering.

32 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I'm pretty hyped because this is definitely Conjueror and Gare's secret project. Can't wait to see what it is on Friday.

Definitely? Why?
Countdown was started by Reading Steiner (with 6, maybe somebody had higher number). Number 5th was Conjueror, but 4th was by Black Winkel. What do they have to do with Conjueror+Gare?
Conjueror and Gare as a team worked on Himawari and Tokyo Babel. It would be safe to say that they're working on their secret project with MangaGamer as well. And MG are doing announcements at conventions. [but here I must rebutt what I just said. I just checked and Conjueror has his 'about' on twiter written like that - " translator for MangaGamer and other places (Himawari, Tokyo Babel, ???) " MG & other. First two titles are for MG, so probably that ??? is for other place. Maybe.]

Also other things I will break down mainly for myself, but maybe it will clarify something for others too, or maybe others know much more than me and will correct me, where I'm wrong:

It would be safe to assume it's a assembly project(if it's a translation project at all) between Con+Gare and Steiner+BW (and others? still 2 numbers to go).

Steiner has two projects on his hands right now. One smaller, and one big and demanding. He also said that "he not necessarily is translating a VN'.
https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/734500794473586688

Black Winkel was not active on his twitter about what he's doing recently, but he's using 'official' twitter for Lemnisca, so maybe he was working on something individually (with Steiner and or Con and Gare), and just not talking about it.

People on reddit reminded that also Moogy is working on some secret vn translating project. Personally I would not connect him to Con+Gare.

I'm not expecting anything big from this. But I'm naturally sceptical about probably almost everything.

2 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Definitely? Why?
Countdown was started by Reading Steiner (with 6, maybe somebody had higher number). Number 5th was Conjueror, but 4th was by Black Winkel. What do they have to do with Conjueror+Gare?
Conjueror and Gare as a team worked on Himawari and Tokyo Babel. It would be safe to say that they're working on their secret project with MangaGamer as well. And MG are doing announcements at conventions. [but here I must rebutt what I just said. I just checked and Conjueror has his 'about' on twiter written like that - " translator for MangaGamer and other places (Himawari, Tokyo Babel, ???) " MG & other. First two titles are for MG, so probably that ??? is for other place. Maybe.]

Also other things I will break down mainly for myself, but maybe it will clarify something for others too, or maybe others know much more than me and will correct me, where I'm wrong:

It would be safe to assume it's a assembly project(if it's a translation project at all) between Con+Gare and Steiner+BW (and others? still 2 numbers to go).

Steiner has two projects on his hands right now. One smaller, and one big and demanding. He also said that "he not necessarily is translating a VN'.
https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/734500794473586688

Black Winkel was not active on his twitter about what he's doing recently, but he's using 'official' twitter for Lemnisca, so maybe he was working on something individually (with Steiner and or Con and Gare), and just not talking about it.

People on reddit reminded that also Moogy is working on some secret vn translating project. Personally I would not connect him to Con+Gare.

I'm pretty sure the Japanese company hired them directly and not through Mangagamer.

There's also this thing that could be referring to Reading Steiner. http://ask.fm/Conjueror/answers/134625395931?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=answer_own#_=_

The last thing is that I remember Conjueror saying that the project could be announced around AX. There's a possibility that this is it and it's being announced early.

Still, saying it will definitely be the secret project was ignorant on my part. :wafuu:

Interesting, and by the way thanks Rooke (I couldn't access reddit because it was blocked by my own internet provider). About the countdown, guess we'll see if it's leading to something big (ie translation announcement) or only the translators boredom curing activity (ie nothing will announced) this Saturday I think. Either way looking forward to announcement.

Dies Irae seems likely, after all Light doesn't have any partnership with Jast, MG or Sekai Project.

But the same can be said about Baldr Sky or White Album.

Or maybe they're going to do a good translation of Cross Channel.

How about Hello Lady! ?

Well, I think we'll end up with Pure x Connect.

Oh interesting. I only saw Conjuerors tweet "5" which was conveniently 5 weeks before AX, so I thought it was going to be a weekly countdown for the secret project, which he hinted could be announced at the AX convention. But obviously that's wrong. If it weren't for the other translators participating in the countdown my money would have been on the secret project of Conjueror and Gare, but now I am not really sure. If it is the secret project then the most likely candidates seem to be Aiyoku no Eustia or Dies irae (one can dream!). But let's wait and see.

Interesting, and I'd like to give ISLAND (highly unlikely given Conjueror was giving seemingly live gameplay impressions just a couple weeks ago), Baldr Sky or Dies Irae (which was that chuuni-German mecha thing?) a try.

Hope it is sci-fi, whatever it may be, though.

12Riven revival I'd hope for, but that was an internal Lemnisca project (and so fucking close to completion AAAAAARGGGGGHHHHH).

going by some of conjurers tweets during the galge/eroge tournament of his it should be eustia.
if i remember correctly he mentioned somewhere that it´s not really hard to work on, but the company in question insisted on hiring 4 translators regardless. they´re also progressing pretty fast, which excludes ALOT of those other titles mentioned above.

+ it did well in the tournament, + it´s one of the titles he´s been interested in doing as a project

4 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I'm totally betting on Eustia as well. Dies Irae is right out from previous comments (unless Conjueror was repeatedly trolling, I guess), and...

No! Stop! I didn't want to speculate!

Why, speculating and hyping is half of the fun. ;)

I have nothing against Eustia, but I don't understand it's mass appeal at all. Somebody care to elaborate in few sentences why Eustia is so good?

might be only my delusional self, but tweets like that one in particular are pretty self-explanatory, arent they? not to mention him always adding smileys & suchalike to anything being related to eustia

Just now, Vorathiel said:

Why, speculating and hyping is half of the fun. ;)

I have nothing against Eustia, but I don't understand it's mass appeal at all. Somebody care to elaborate in few sentences why Eustia is so good?

It's because everybody else keeps talking about how good it is. Welcome to the echo chamber.