Tell me all that you know about love

Forte

Love, a very short and simple word and yet it's said to weigh more than the whole world. It's said to be the source of all of human's conflicts and problems. It's said to make people stronger, do the impossible, and achieve unthinkable results. It's said to be the harbinger of both war and peace. All of these are only a few facts about love that I know. What about you, what do you know about love?

3 hours ago, Forte said:

It's said to make people stronger, do the impossible, and achieve unthinkable results

This is true, it gives you a reason to push yourself harder.

3 hours ago, Forte said:

it's said to weigh more than the whole world

This is a lie, it sure is gr8 and pretty big, but dont be overdramatic about it. It is a fucking chemistry afterall :Teeku:

3 hours ago, Forte said:

source of all of human's conflicts and problems

Also a lie...but still...womens will give you enough problems indeed :makina:

3 hours ago, Forte said:

What about you, what do you know about love?

i know only two things:

1) You are happy an the beginning

2) You are bound to suffer at one point :makina:

Even if it is a story with happy end, bittersweetnes is too strong in thisone :sachi:

11 minutes ago, Zebhra said:

i know only two things:

1) You are happy an the beginning

2) You are bound to suffer at one point :makina:

Even if it is a story with happy end, bittersweetnes is too strong in thisone :sachi:

This is pretty much love in a nutshell, at first it seems like nothing can go wrong and after that period washes off the problems and conflicts start to surface.

Bittersweet at it's core with sporadic rose shaded moments and full rain times. 

Love, often confused with lust, is when you care as much (or more) about the other person as you do about yourself. You pay attention to the other person, you take an interest in the other person, you prioritise their well being higher than the ability to watch the weekend footy match in peace. Their habits will irritate you but you endure them because they are important to you.

Lust, often confused with love, is when all you care about is pleasuring your penis (or female equivalent.) You pay little attention to the other person, don’t take an interest in the other person, and prioritise your entertainment and comfort over their well being. Their habits will irritate you which will lead to you seriously considering ending the relationship because there are many ways to pleasure your penis (or female equivalent) that don’t involve putting up with annoyances.

Love at first sight is a lie, while lust at first sight often takes place. That lust can often develop into love, but when it doesn’t these relationships will often fail.

The strength of a love lies in its ability to withstand conflict yada yada, etc etc, and so on and so forth.

I am not sure I know much about love but I will say something, from my personal experience, lust is more beautiful and better than love for one's well being.

Love often causes you to make compromises, push yourself to the limit, do stuff you are not supposed to do/ didn't expect yourself to do, feel frustrated , irritated and vexed..... and people keep fighting for months or even years to sort out whether or not they are in love only to repeat this a few months later of whether or not they are still in love. Lust ,however, is as clear as day so I shall only follow my lust feeling :holo:

Love it's around us and love can be between friends, family and you can fall in love without you know it.

Love it's very powerfull bonds, so bond you and your family together forever.

Of course love can be very painfully in times and you might be hurt couple of times, becuse of it but that what love it's.

Love can bring Saddness as well as Happyness.

So long you are family and friends around you, so are you not alone anymore.

Family Would always be beside Of you and support you.

Of course you can be betrayle by your own family and it Would hurt but so long you have somebody beside Of you, so Would you not be hurt anymore.

That was love it's

Wait... if I apply Rooke's logic it means that I'm in love with my laptop :michiru:

I mean I always try to protect him from any danger, but his lag and crash upset me and yet I let them here because I don't want to take the risk to harm him :pyaa:

More seriously, I think love is M :sachi:  (sorry for the pun)

I mean, talking from my current experience, even knowing that the other will be a lot of pain to take care of I still fell in love with her, fully knowing how hard it would be. Nevertheless, every time I think of her my face crack up a dumb smile and I feel damn happy :yumiko:

My family was the product of a string of "accidents", my Dad was the product of a known ladykiller who slept all around Korea and my immediate family was the product of another accident, myself. 

If it were not for my existence, my family (including my two younger sisters) would not exist. From what I understand about my parents relationship before I was born they were headed towards and eventual separation. However, when my father knocked up my mother he did the "responsible" thing and married my mother, because he always hated his dad for knocking up his mom and leaving them to live in poverty.  Needless to say my father was not a emotionally stable person and much of my childhood is filled with memories of yelling, holes appearing in the walls, welts on my ass, and a little animal abuse. 

So I completely understand that I am a bit biased when I state that I believe that romantic "love" is a fictional concept. I believe in friendship, I believe in lust, and I believe in Stockholm Syndrome. The mixture of these three are what produces the fiction of romantic love. 

Sure there were two gals I believed that I was in "love" with, however each time was during my high school years (the pinnacle of our horniest of years) and they were the only people of the opposite sex (aside from family members) that I spent any meaningful time with. 

Love is an excellent storytelling device, but nothing more or less.

Love,huh? Is that thing I feel when I see a moe character being cute that made me want to hug them and not let them go? Huh? It's a real life thing? Meh. The people I know are too... "liberal" for me to have anything beyond friendship with them. It's hard being somewhat conservative at my age. So... I guess I know almost nothing? Life is so sad.:komari:

P.S.:I like fred's conclusion.

• 3 weeks later...