Decay's Superlative Sekai Project Interview

Just in case people have missed it, Decay's given a wonderful interview with Sekai Project which you can find here - http://blog.fuwanovel.net/2016/05/interview-with-sekai-project/

Here's a few of the mindblowing statements that can be found within:

I look forward to all the posts about how Sekai Project wants Postman Pat eroge now.

Yes it is true, SP never wants to censor anything, it’s a shocking revelation, I’m sure.

Audi: For now, we are primarily focused on video games and manga, and figuring out how we can delay them further just to make people angry. 

So make sure to check it out, people! Personally my favourite part was Audi suggesting EVN developers stop setting their VNs in Japan :3

Audi: I think it comes down to the fact that well written female characters are so much fun to read. It’s not so much the genre itself as it is just the quality of the stories, and it just so happens that yuri tends to be more emotionally provocative and endearing.

This guy fucking gets it. 10/10

18 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Nice interview. I always love to see how an interviewer is always so much more polite in person than he is in a forum. Just shows what the internet does to a person's behaviour

I'm actually rather fond of Decay's typical demeanor.

Audi: You can look forward to lots more! It’s an ever growing catalog. Denpa is going well and we see growth all the time.

inb4 they´ll go straight for lune only to make their competitors say uncle.

*just woke up from a dream, nightmare-ish and dark, unable to shake off this lingering feeling of dread...

Good questions. Good answers. Good interview.

The highlight for me was on the topic of SP not picking up many yaoi/BL games:

I actually ghostwrote gay Harlequin titles for the UK market in my late teens so maybe I need to just do it myself and have SP publish it.

Real talk.

I also appreciated the rationale for crowdfunding as giving an opportunity to reach stretch goals, allowing the developer to incorporate their additional ideas into the game which otherwise wouldn't have been affordable. Makes a lot of sense.

6 hours ago, Dergonu said:

This guy fucking gets it. 10/10

Amen brother, amen

5 hours ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Nice interview. I always love to see how an interviewer is always so much more polite in person than he is in a forum. Just shows what the internet does to a person's behaviour

Decay's the best Fuwanovel member :wafuu:

6 hours ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

I think we should note here that the questions were not asked in ""person"", but through email (pretty usual these days). Considering it caused by the Internet is a bit misleading when what often really happens is the effect of being just one in a crowd of pseudonyms. Also, making an effort to be polite tends to make this kind of thing better :P

Oh, and the interview's p. good indeed. The answer on the OELVN question including the Sakura series is quite amusing for how... schizophrenic it is w

Well-written. Audi knows how to talk the talk -  careful deflection when needed, upfront and down-to-earth honesty at other points. Gave me a better impression of SP (though keeping in mind it's obviously been combed through for PR's sake).

Already suspected/assumed most of his responses, but it should give people something to think about.

Interesting read about his bond with Ryu Umemoto, I can empathize with his loss.