I miss those anime

2 hours ago, Okarin said:

Well FMA is a blockbuster and those happen only once a year or even less; but you have your fair share of shounen, only that they all can't be good.

D-Gray Man looks particularly interesting.

FMAB happens once a decade.

1 minute ago, ittaku said:

FMAB happens once a decade.

The credit goes to Arakawa and the manga though. I'd say that the most appealing thing from FMA in general are the characters and the setting and that's due to the hard work put into the original material. Of course Brotherhood does execute it perfectly.

Just now, Okarin said:

The credit goes to Arakawa and the manga though. I'd say that the most appealing thing from FMA in general are the characters and the setting and that's due to the hard work put into the original material. Of course Brotherhood does execute it perfectly.

No arguments there.

11 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

kill la kill fits the bill. Comedy and alot of action.

Some1 recommended Kenshin, i second that. If i had a list it'll be in my top 5 always! (emotionally biased:wub:)

The second season of Kenshin is one of my long-time favorites, watched long before I really got into this stuff. I found the first season too episodic, and the third season couldn't help being random and anti-climactic after season two. But that Kenshin Kyoto arc was everything I could ever want from an action show; pretty much perfect.

29 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

The second season of Kenshin is one of my long-time favorites, watched long before I really got into this stuff.

I think the general consensus is as you say, the Kyoto arc was the high point for Kenshin (think it was godspeed sword arc after that, no comparison to Kyoto). For myself though, i loved the anime as a whole. I'm biased lol, It was my first anime and it opened up the anime world for me i guess. Plus i loved all the characters, the op and ed songs, the bittersweet conclusion and the romance.

Of course i read the manga too, it made the experience complete and filled the gaps. 

Oh, if you haven't already. You should watch the prequel, Trust and Betrayal. Its about his past so its pretty dark and intense. I'll say its up there or above the kyoto arc in its own way. 

On 18/6/2016 at 10:45 AM, DharmaFreedom said:

Oh, if you haven't already. You should watch the prequel, Trust and Betrayal. Its about his past so its pretty dark and intense. I'll say its up there or above the kyoto arc in its own way. 

As what I've commented before, I have watched Samurai X (its alternative name, right?) till that episode when he's about to face that mummy guy, whose name is Shishio or something. Then for some reason, I skipped the next episodes all the way until the last one. Surely about the ending, I didn't get it. I've watched Trust and Betrayal and th story's not bad indeed.