I miss those anime

I miss those days when Action anime actually packed some action. I miss FMA with its unique setting and lovable characters. I miss DBZ which brought out a series of intense and superb battles. I miss Code Geass with its unique plot, its nice arts and also its lovable and hateable protagonists. I miss Law of Ueki with its silly but nice story and protagonists. 

I don't care about round things. I don't need fanservice. I don't want to see too much unnecessary naked scenes or something similar. I just want some action, and maybe some comedy.  

Do you know any good action anime worth watching?

Well, you just named Top 2 anime of all time (FMA:Brotherhood and Code Geass). It's rare to get such epic anime at all.

Though if you are looking for action, I recommend;

Akame ga Kill

Claymore

Fate series (Fate/Stay Night etc.)

To Aru series (To Aru Majutsu no Index, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun etc.)

Rokka no Yuusha

just watch "monster" & start drenching your pantsu in pee! best anime ever besides evangelion & ginga eiyuu densetsu anyway

as for more recent ones pretty much everything gets ruined at one point, btw. there´s no much needed sequel in sight etc etc jada jada bla.
in case those 3 recommended above arent to your liking try watching hunter x hunter, which should meet your standards in terms of having some seriously oldschool-ish touch to it. besides this one there´s always ushio to tora, a straight shounen with friendship as its core-element, as well as personal growth & overcoming hardships.

edit: refrain from toriko, because -> ruined. if interested than you´re wayyyyy better off reading its related manga instead.

On 5/29/2016 at 4:26 PM, Novel21 said:

What about Rurouni Kenshin, it's old anime with alot Of action.

and Inuyasha are anime with alot Of action.

Hmm, I actually ever watched those two. But I stopped watching them at some point. The last scene of Samurai X I remember watching was the part when Kenshin was about to fight ShiShio (is that the right name? I don't quite remember); About Inuyasha I just watched some episodes randomly for the main series and skipped many episodes to watch the last arc which had 26 episodes if I'm not mistaken.

On 5/29/2016 at 5:56 PM, SakamotoX said:

Have you ever seen Marchen Awakens Romance ?

I think you might like this one, it's 102 episodes long and it's really nice to watch.

Hmm, I'll check it out.

On 5/29/2016 at 6:46 PM, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Jojo?

I always wonder about this anime. Many people said it's fucking awesome but somehow I just can't believe them.

On 5/29/2016 at 11:15 PM, Nashetania said:

Well, you just named Top 2 anime of all time (FMA:Brotherhood and Code Geass). It's rare to get such epic anime at all.

Though if you are looking for action, I recommend;

Akame ga Kill

Claymore

Fate series (Fate/Stay Night etc.)

To Aru series (To Aru Majutsu no Index, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun etc.)

Rokka no Yuusha

Well, I've seen Akame Ga Kill and Fate/Stay Night, FSN UBW, Fate Zero. Not bad, but if I have to give them score, none of them would get > 85 out of 100. I'll check the rest out then.

On 5/29/2016 at 0:51 AM, Silvz said:

Pokémon

An action anime, dude? Are you sure? Well, Pokemon sure is an interesting anime either way.

On 5/29/2016 at 5:22 AM, XReaper said:

just watch "monster" & start drenching your pantsu in pee! best anime ever besides evangelion & ginga eiyuu densetsu anyway

as for more recent ones pretty much everything gets ruined at one point, btw. there´s no much needed sequel in sight etc etc jada jada bla.
in case those 3 recommended above arent to your liking try watching hunter x hunter, which should meet your standards in terms of having some seriously oldschool-ish touch to it. besides this one there´s always ushio to tora, a straight shounen with friendship as its core-element, as well as personal growth & overcoming hardships.

edit: refrain from toriko, because -> ruined. if interested than you´re wayyyyy better off reading its related manga instead.

I've seen Evangelion but somehow I just can't accept many things about it. I don't know if the anime's weird or I'm the weird one.

I've also seen Hunter x hunter and yeah, it's quite good but I heard that the manga was halted indefinitely and it caused me to stop watching the anime.

I've been planning to watch Ushio to Tora.

On 5/30/2016 at 7:40 AM, spademan said:

hellsing ultimate tokyo ghoul berserk(havent seen it yet tho)

Seems like you like dark-themed anime, huh? I've seen Tokyo Ghoul but it just confused me. I have no idea if I could call it "good" or "bad". Maybe it's in the middle.

14 minutes ago, Forte said:

I've been planning to watch Ushio to Tora.

Ushio to Tora is very good and gets much better by season 2, but it is not quite finished yet, and as much as I'm enjoying it, there's no way I'd rate it up there with FMAB standard.

If you're okay with old school anime with lots of subplots intrigue, some action and a sci-fi bent, try Legend of Galactic Heroes; 110 episodes and a massive space opera but the old school animation may put you off unless you're driven more by story than animation.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu

3 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Ushio to Tora is very good and gets much better by season 2, but it is not quite finished yet, and as much as I'm enjoying it, there's no way I'd rate it up there with FMAB standard.

If you're okay with old school anime with lots of subplots intrigue, some action and a sci-fi bent, try Legend of Galactic Heroes; 110 episodes and a massive space opera but the old school animation may put you off unless you're driven more by story than animation.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu

I actually don't mind whether it's old-school or futuristic, I just want some action, plus comedy if possible.

14 minutes ago, Forte said:

I actually don't mind whether it's old-school or futuristic, I just want some action, plus comedy if possible.

Action is only intermediate in that show I recommended as it has a lot of political intrigue and dialogue. Comedy virtually non-existent in it though.

On the other hand, if you want tons of action and comedy, and I can't tell since you don't really have a watchlist whether you've seen it or not, you can't go past the other full metal - Full Metal Panic and its sequel Full Metal Panic the Second Raid. Mecha but superb characters, action and comedy.

EDIT: I went through my own watchlist and came up with these great shows for action (though not so much comedy):

Eureka seven (original)

Last exile (original)

Absolute duo

Attack on Titan

Cross Ange

Gurren Lagann

Kiddy Grade

My Hime

26 minutes ago, ittaku said:

EDIT: I went through my own watchlist and came up with these great shows for action (though not so much comedy):

Eureka seven (original)

Last exile (original)

Absolute duo

Attack on Titan

Cross Ange

Gurren Lagann

Kiddy Grade

My Hime

I've seen Attack on Titan and admittedly it's good. I'm waiting for its second season. I've watched Absolute Duo but unfortunately my rating for it is not quite high. I'll check the rest out.

6 minutes ago, Forte said:

I've seen Attack on Titan and admittedly it's good. I'm waiting for its second season. I've watched Absolute Duo but unfortunately my rating for it is not quite high. I'll check the rest out.

I've included some that I rate highly that don't necessarily rate highly by everyone else. If you want the list trimmed of those, remove absolute duo, kiddy grade and my hime.

8 hours ago, Forte said:

Seems like you like dark-themed anime, huh? I've seen Tokyo Ghoul but it just confused me. I have no idea if I could call it "good" or "bad". Maybe it's in the middle.

yeah for now,  on a break from the standard harem, weak, protag. Tokyo ghoul season 1 is pretty good, wouldnt really reccomend the anime of season 2 since they branched away from the manga and kind of screwed themselves, would still reccomend the manga though its pretty good

8 hours ago, ittaku said:

I've included some that I rate highly that don't necessarily rate highly by everyone else. If you want the list trimmed of those, remove absolute duo, kiddy grade and my hime.

I enjoyed Absolute Duo aswell :sacchan:

On 5/30/2016 at 9:40 PM, spademan said:

hellsing ultimate tokyo ghoul berserk(havent seen it yet tho)

Those are all awesome anime's in my mind, really enjoyed them.

On 31/5/2016 at 7:01 PM, XReaper said:

@Forte hunter x hunter´s manga is being continued since this years april, 18th & made its comeback in the weekly shounen jump magazine.

What a great news! 

23 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

If you're in the market for older stuff, Paranoia Agent is an interesting watch.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/323/Mousou_Dairinin

As I've said before, I don't particularly like old shows only, I don't mind if it's new. I just want some action (plus comedy, if possible), not a series of naked scenes or round things exposure.

Oh, sorry about that.

Honestly, there haven't been that many notable action series that are light on fanservice lately. Although now that I think about it, One Punch Man would be right up your alley. The focus is pretty evenly split between action and comedy, and they're both really well done. The tension is toned down a little bit by Saitama's capabilities, but the animation is great and the sequences leading up the end of the fights are peculiarly exciting. It's a unique anime.

Jojo is the only current standout action-oriented non-fanservice anime that I know of, although admittedly my knowledge isn't all that deep. But you have to be on board with the incredible cheesiness that pervades it, or you'll hate it. Personally, I think it's pretty great, but I watch it in small doses.

I do really need to watch One Punch Man, but unfortunately it's not available for streaming on any service I have...

51 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I do really need to watch One Punch Man, but unfortunately it's not available for streaming on any service I have...

What's bizarre about one punch man is everyone gets hard ons while talking about it, while after the initial grins I had with it I lost interest. The whole idea that he's super overpowered and can't lose a battle yet basically will remain treated like a street beggar just grates on my nerves. It stopped being funny after 3 or 4 episodes for me, but then my taste seems very different to others in that regard. Consider my opinion on it possibly unique in this world.

8 hours ago, ittaku said:

What's bizarre about one punch man is everyone gets hard ons while talking about it, while after the initial grins I had with it I lost interest. The whole idea that he's super overpowered and can't lose a battle yet basically will remain treated like a street beggar just grates on my nerves. It stopped being funny after 3 or 4 episodes for me, but then my taste seems very different to others in that regard. Consider my opinion on it possibly unique in this world.

They're pretty tame compared to LOGH fans.

And see that's where I'm the opposite. In a lot of ways, One Punch Man is set up to be antithetical to standard shounen stories, and the parts where he gets trashed on despite his incredible feats is just another way to establish that. Sure, it's not for everybody, but I appreciate it.

The comedy did tone down a little after a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/6/6 at 8:38 AM, Kenshin_sama said:

Honestly, there haven't been that many notable action series that are light on fanservice lately.

Oh my, does it mean that these recent years the population of perverts have risen so much?

On 2016/6/6 at 8:38 AM, Kenshin_sama said:

Although now that I think about it, One Punch Man would be right up your alley. The focus is pretty evenly split between action and comedy, and they're both really well done. The tension is toned down a little bit by Saitama's capabilities, but the animation is great and the sequences leading up the end of the fights are peculiarly exciting. It's a unique anime.

K, I guess I'll check it out.

On 2016/6/6 at 10:32 AM, Fred the Barber said:

Jojo is the only current standout action-oriented non-fanservice anime that I know of, although admittedly my knowledge isn't all that deep. But you have to be on board with the incredible cheesiness that pervades it, or you'll hate it. Personally, I think it's pretty great, but I watch it in small doses.

I actually have watched some of Jojo episodes, but this anime is...., it's just..., it's just..., I don't know how should I describe it. But, its uniqueness became the source of my hesitation from watching the continuation.