IntroductionTooNerdy

7 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuewanovel, and I hope you had fun here. By the way, what is your favorite Visual Novel? As for your study, I couldn't follow it but maybe you could try to apply programming for Fan Translation here. Enjoy yourself here.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't have a favorite, but I like "Katawa Shoujo", "Little Busters", "Kamidori Alchemy Meister", "Gadget Trial", visual novels like that. To simplify my dual majoring, basically I have 2 different majors at once. One is Computer Science, and the other is Electrical/Computer Engineering.

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

Literally thought this was AaronIsCrunchy fucking about, apparently not.

Anyways, welcome to Fuwa

I see that you're already accumosted to the chatroom, see ya there

That seems to be everyone's first thought, but I assure you I am not "AaronIsCrunchy".

Thank you for the warm welcome.

12 hours ago, AaronTooNerdy said:

My interests are Computer Science, Engineering, Software/Game Development, Music Theory, Music Production & Composition, and Competitive Gaming/Speedrunning.

Speedrunning sounds like you are doing it wrong. You better start thinking like a proper engineer. Why do something yourself if a machine can do it much better/faster for you. Get a car :P

9 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for your study, I couldn't follow it but maybe you could try to apply programming for Fan Translation here. Enjoy yourself here.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Sometimes fan translations works pretty much out of the box while other times, the CS knowledge needed is quite significant. Extracting and inserting scripts into gamefiles can be an interesting task, both due to encryption as well as syntax. One of my greatest moments with VNs isn't great written stories. It's actually a VN engine, which crashed whenever it tried to display English and it just felt so great once the English text was displayed ingame.

Alternatively you could join op with some original VN project and help writing the script with jumps, variables and other coding aspects. It's less demanding and you would likely avoid having to read hex.

It's also possible that you shouldn't settle for just one. A translation takes a long time to make. It's quite possible most of the technical issues will be solved early on and then the need for technical skills will be months apart while the translators goes through all the lines. Perhaps some work in the end will be needed even if you made a proof of concept patch early on to make sure the game will accept the English text.

Welcome to the fuwa, it's nice to meet ya.

You're a gamer right, so what kind of games do you like to play exactly? It seems like you are a busy guy, I hope you have time to relax every once in a while.:sachi:

Well i'm sure i'll see you around and have fun, here's some moe for ya.

Spoiler

_rwby__ruby_rose__a_blissful_feeling_by_

19 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

This thread has been a whole pile of :pyaa::pyaa::pyaa::pyaa::pyaa:  for me! We should totally hook up, my crunchiness will complete your nerdiness :3

Welcome to the forums, hope to see you about!

The fact that it's actually pure, 100% coincidence is extremely shocking and hilarious at the same time