What Site Work Would You Like To See?

Please consider taking this survey (Link) and let me know what you want to see fixed/improved upon across the various Fuwanovel sites. Your feedback will determine my work priorities this Summer/Fall. (Forum Post)

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

solidbatman

What Are You Playing: Video Game Edition

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

I hope you give Dark Souls another try down the line too, hahaha. Bloodborne is simply an exquisite game. I hope you enjoy it.

If I don't smash anything and manage to get through Bloodborne with my sanity intact I'll definitely give that DS remaster a go. It really is a lovely game, I dig the Victorian Gothic setting a lot too. The blood splashes are quite satisfying. I'm certainly enjoying it a lot so far, just hoping I can keep the momentum going and not get stuck, then let the game collect dust.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, Funyarinpa said:

Tried NieR out a bit on RPCS3, but it's a bit glitchy. I'm hopeful for a remaster announcement in the coming E3, so I'll hold off till then.

22 hours ago, cro-mag said:

Thought of trying NieR on RPCS3 someday myself. Considering the fact i wasn't able to play the original. Heard they improved emu quite a bit. But yeah, better be remaster.

I hope there's a remaster, but I'm concerned how a NieR remaster would work/turn out. For starters it's graphically not so good for a PS3 game. Gameplay is rather rough, and to those coming from Automata's sweet Platinum action, it'll be a rather difficult adjustment to make. Perhaps a remake? I'm curious what the Yoko Taro approach would be. It seems unlike him to just rerelease NieR a bit jazzed up. I'd personally be hopeful for Replicant, regardless.

15 hours ago, Sayaka said:

I hope there's a remaster, but I'm concerned how a NieR remaster would work/turn out. For starters it's graphically not so good for a PS3 game. Gameplay is rather rough, and to those coming from Automata's sweet Platinum action, it'll be a rather difficult adjustment to make. Perhaps a remake? I'm curious what the Yoko Taro approach would be. It seems unlike him to just rerelease NieR a bit jazzed up. I'd personally be hopeful for Replicant, regardless.

I'd be perfectly fine with it myself. Somehow, NieR's combat is clunky but not boring in 5 entire hours. I even enjoyed the sidequests I did, which is fucking crazy to me. Even Automata, which had very fun gameplay and a lot of story revealed through sidequests (Gathering Keepsakes, Jackass' Research...), didn't engage me anywhere as much with its sidequests. I don't know why.

Currently playing Rome II total war : The empire divided, a pretty neat DLC that came out 4 years after the base game.

Currently playing as Lucius Aurelianus, rightful heir of the roman empire.

Been playing Super Robot Wars V and been having a blast playing it. Just seeing so many mecha anime coming together in an "everything and the kitchen sink" kind of way just reminds me of the good and fun aspects of back when I read and wrote multicrossover fanfics. Gameplay wise I think the funniest thing is how the FMP mechs have an absurd natural dodge rate against nearly everything I've encountered in the game so far, and thanks to that these guys, whose weaponry consist of machine guns, missile launchers and giant army knives are easily taking out Gundam level mechs along with star cruisers :wahaha:

Got my 4th plat this year - YS VIII. Great game. After the story i started that post-game dungeon and man that thing pissed me of with number of monsters!!! That's ridiculous!!! Or so i thought before i remembered to switch difficulty... Yeah, finished half of a dungeon on Nightmare, avoiding most of the monsters... But then switched to Easy and that was... Well, easy))
Now's NNK2 time.

Decided to take a little break from Super Robot Wars V and play Nier Automata and I've gotten as far as killing Adam. So far I like the game well enough, the design for the characters and world is surprisingly good, the music's excellent and 2B and 9S are good enough as main characters, even if it is a little weird how they seem to swap views regarding the machine creatures' sentience. Still I'm pretty sure I've read and watched enough science fiction to guess the plot twist that's going to be revealed probably near the end:

My guess:

Spoiler

Humanity is extinct and the whole thing with the human council is either a program left behind on the moon to keep the androids fighting or it's something cooked up by the higher up androids so they can follow through with their mission to destroy the machines to the end.

Got ending A for Nier Automata, pretty much an okay ending though my only real complaint is Adam and Eve, they just weren't around enough for me to get all that invested in them as villains. Maybe the other endings will do that better. Still, before that I've started on the Persona 5 crossover event in Granblue Fantasy and enjoying it so far. The crossover character interactions are nice though a certain scene at the end of the first chapter kind of has me wishing the Persona 4 cast was here too.