solidbatman

What Are You Playing: Video Game Edition

15 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Playing PoE II after Divinity II is being a horror show to me. My god, the combat system is killing me. It feels inefficient and annoying almost on purpose. Even though I love the idea of the game...

Divinity OS are definitely the games to get if you want great combat. POE was more about stories, characters, and having a balanced role play system (#Sawyerism). Divinity tends to be more fun to play because of its exceptional gameplay, but I find Pillars has a better atmosphere because of the writing. They're pretty different, for sure :) 

15 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Divinity OS are definitely the games to get if you want great combat. POE was more about stories, characters, and having a balanced role play system (#Sawyerism). Divinity tends to be more fun to play because of its exceptional gameplay, but I find Pillars has a better atmosphere because of the writing. They're pretty different, for sure :) 

I certainly liked the switch to a more "pen&paper" style of character building, with the different abilities and such, proficiencies and such. My current conundrum is that I love PoE for its story and characters, but the combat makes it really hard to get invested in the game as a whole.

I might just let it rest for a while and tackle it this summer, perhaps, losing myself in the sidequests and such.

Playing Dirt3 (originally i started playing Dirt 4, but at least for now i just can't get into it), i'm having loads of fun with it, especially with sprint races, the modified Audi is awesome XD (some screens in spoiler):

Spoiler

r60os3a.jpg 

zk847Di.jpg 

EG9l2dc.jpg 

6PsyK82.jpg

This was exactly the type of racing game i was looking for!

Edited by +StrikeR+

I have finally finished Lords of the Fallen, it took me a while because i was so immersed in playing Minato Carnival novels, so despite LoF being a very entertaining game i couldn't focus much of my time with it until i was done with those. It was a fun experience, i originally planned to postpone the new game+ playthrough after Dark Souls Remastered, but i'm not having much, if any fun with DS, so i'm still enjoying every now and then LoF, that said bellow in the spoiler (used for space management, i gave my impressions of the game while keeping it spoiler free) are my honest impressions and a few screens of the game:

Spoiler

mdZn5TG.png 

O6mxvFM.jpg 
GKBfJin.jpg 
lwrc85K.jpg 
G2W69b4.jpg

I'm attempting Drakengard 3's final boss.

Help me. Somebody please help me.

Yoko Taro is gleefully giving all players the middle finger.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

8 WHOLE MINUTES!? 8? WITH NO CHECKPOINTS AND ONE MISSED NOTE IS INSTADEATH!?!?

I would probably enjoy this section if there were just one or two checkpoints amidst the insanity. But this is too cruel. And because I'm stubborn I'm going to try until I go insane before I consider syncing up with a YouTube video.

Considering trying it with my eyes closed. Not sure I have good enough rhythm for that though...

:marie:

1 minute ago, Sayaka said:

I'm attempting Drakengard 3's final boss.

Help me. Somebody please help me.

Yoko Taro is gleefully giving all players the middle finger.

Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

8 WHOLE MINUTES!? 8? WITH NO CHECKPOINTS AND ONE MISSED NOTE IS INSTADEATH!?!?

I would probably enjoy this section if there were just one or two checkpoints amidst the insanity. But this is too cruel. And because I'm stubborn I'm going to try until I go insane before I consider syncing up with a YouTube video.

Considering trying it with my eyes closed. Not sure I have good enough rhythm for that though...

:marie:

YT will help you.

1 minute ago, cro-mag said:

YT will help you.

I'm currently too stubborn (see spoiler).

Part of me just wants to beat it totally on my own.

Edited by Sayaka

Finished Dark Souls 3. Good ass game, but not close to DS1 or Bloodborne in my eyes. Made me want to get a PS4 of my own to continue playing Bloodborne.

Tried NieR out a bit on RPCS3, but it's a bit glitchy. I'm hopeful for a remaster announcement in the coming E3, so I'll hold off till then.

Also downloaded Silent Hill 2. Currently 10 minutes into it. Digging it so far.

2 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

It's spiteful, it's sinister, it's scary, the characters seem great, the opening FMV is wonderful, this game fucking hates me but I love it nevertheless

The first three Silent Hill games are all amazing. It's a shame the remastered versions are garbage.

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Tried NieR out a bit on RPCS3, but it's a bit glitchy. I'm hopeful for a remaster announcement in the coming E3, so I'll hold off till then.

Thought of trying NieR on RPCS3 someday myself. Considering the fact i wasn't able to play the original. Heard they improved emu quite a bit. But yeah, better be remaster.

Recently I've been playing an procedurally generated (every 24 hours) endless runner called Race the Sun. It's super fun and addictive, but most of all it's really chill to space out and play it while listening to music for short periods of time.

Maybe I need it to counterbalance the Bloodborne I've also been addicted to recently :vinty: I really must be a masochist. Honestly I enjoy it so much more than the handful of hours I attempted Dark and Demon Souls for. I love the faster pace and the far more aggressive nature, it suits my playstyle way more than the slower, methodical, super cautious defensiveness required in Dark Souls. Also it helps that I suck a lot less now (I still suck a LOT though!). Threaded cane ftw.

I'm itching to get stuck into a JRPG, more specifically I'm craving to finish Final Fantasy XIII-2. However, my save files did a runner, and the idea of playing through 40/50 hours again just to get back to the same place ever so slightly hurts my soul. I suppose there's the multiple other JRPGs I'm two-thirds through to complete as well... :amane:

In the very slight chance anyone wondered, no, I have not beaten Drakengard 3's final boss yet. When I tried YouTube a few times to help I found syncing up harder than just playing it straight. So - it's on hold for now!

12 minutes ago, Sayaka said:

Recently I've been playing an procedurally generated (every 24 hours) endless runner called Race the Sun. It's super fun and addictive, but most of all it's really chill to space out and play it while listening to music for short periods of time.

Maybe I need it to counterbalance the Bloodborne I've also been addicted to recently :vinty: I really must be a masochist. Honestly I enjoy it so much more than the handful of hours I attempted Dark and Demon Souls for. I love the faster pace and the far more aggressive nature, it suits my playstyle way more than the slower, methodical, super cautious defensiveness required in Dark Souls. Also it helps that I suck a lot less now (I still suck a LOT though!). Threaded cane ftw.

I'm itching to get stuck into a JRPG, more specifically I'm craving to finish Final Fantasy XIII-2. However, my save files did a runner, and the idea of playing through 40/50 hours again just to get back to the same place ever so slightly hurts my soul. I suppose there's the multiple other JRPGs I'm two-thirds through to complete as well... :amane:

In the very slight chance anyone wondered, no, I have not beaten Drakengard 3's final boss yet. When I tried YouTube a few times to help I found syncing up harder than just playing it straight. So - it's on hold for now!

I hope you give Dark Souls another try down the line too, hahaha. Bloodborne is simply an exquisite game. I hope you enjoy it. 

Feeling too pansy to continue SH2 tonight, I decided to spend some time with Prey and it was 3AM before I know it. Holy shit, it's even better than I expected, easily my favorite first person game of all time if this keeps up. More than five hours in, there are a measly 4 enemy types (2 of which were introduced in the last hour) and that's just about the only criticism I could have for this game, and even that is offset by just how many ways there are to take out those two types. Repeatedly throw a computer at them, shoot a pipe and burn them down, turn them into crafting materials with a grenade, the list goes on. It's magnificent. 

Edited by Funyarinpa

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

I hope you give Dark Souls another try down the line too, hahaha. Bloodborne is simply an exquisite game. I hope you enjoy it.

If I don't smash anything and manage to get through Bloodborne with my sanity intact I'll definitely give that DS remaster a go. It really is a lovely game, I dig the Victorian Gothic setting a lot too. The blood splashes are quite satisfying. I'm certainly enjoying it a lot so far, just hoping I can keep the momentum going and not get stuck, then let the game collect dust.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, Funyarinpa said:

22 hours ago, cro-mag said:

Thought of trying NieR on RPCS3 someday myself. Considering the fact i wasn't able to play the original. Heard they improved emu quite a bit. But yeah, better be remaster.

I hope there's a remaster, but I'm concerned how a NieR remaster would work/turn out. For starters it's graphically not so good for a PS3 game. Gameplay is rather rough, and to those coming from Automata's sweet Platinum action, it'll be a rather difficult adjustment to make. Perhaps a remake? I'm curious what the Yoko Taro approach would be. It seems unlike him to just rerelease NieR a bit jazzed up. I'd personally be hopeful for Replicant, regardless.

15 hours ago, Sayaka said:

I hope there's a remaster, but I'm concerned how a NieR remaster would work/turn out. For starters it's graphically not so good for a PS3 game. Gameplay is rather rough, and to those coming from Automata's sweet Platinum action, it'll be a rather difficult adjustment to make. Perhaps a remake? I'm curious what the Yoko Taro approach would be. It seems unlike him to just rerelease NieR a bit jazzed up. I'd personally be hopeful for Replicant, regardless.

I'd be perfectly fine with it myself. Somehow, NieR's combat is clunky but not boring in 5 entire hours. I even enjoyed the sidequests I did, which is fucking crazy to me. Even Automata, which had very fun gameplay and a lot of story revealed through sidequests (Gathering Keepsakes, Jackass' Research...), didn't engage me anywhere as much with its sidequests. I don't know why.

Currently playing Rome II total war : The empire divided, a pretty neat DLC that came out 4 years after the base game.

Currently playing as Lucius Aurelianus, rightful heir of the roman empire.