Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

solidbatman

What Are You Playing: Video Game Edition

I had similar experience with FFX.

The story was nice and all, but it never reached the levels I was expecting. Certainly not the "best love story in a video game" people were praising it to be.

People were maybe saying that in 2001. Anyone still saying that are wearing some heavily rose-tinted glasses. The voice acting is abysmal, for one, so that's a pretty big negative for that kind of experience. The story itself is not that special, either. But there wasn't much in the way of romance in mainstream games back then (and there still isn't). 

I'm playing the everloving hell out of the Witcher 3. I got the combat down, sort of and even managed to kill a level 14 basilisk at level 6. Still desperately searching for Witcher gear tho.

The contracts are by far my favorite quests. In theory, these are just more "talk to x, search for y and kill y"-quests. but it's actually a lot of fun to do them. Contracts give me the feeling of hunting these monsters like a pro.

So far, I made trophies out of the Griffin, Noonwraith, Cockatrice and grave hag. I'd do more, but leveling takes fucking forever in this game.

That's because it is all manner of awesome.

Tough though. I'm kind of caught between the starter and advanced level missions. I can clear all the beginner level missions almost too easily, and more and more guys are turning Level 3 and refusing to go on easy missions anymore, but when I go on advanced missions, even with a party full of level 3s, I get thrashed. One of the main problems is I don't have enough money to upgrade them all as much as I would like and they're all stuffed full of negative quirks from all the past missions. Should I be taking this slower, taking time to heal everyone of their ailments and build up more money? I feel like I might be rushing things.

People were maybe saying that in 2001. Anyone still saying that are wearing some heavily rose-tinted glasses. The voice acting is abysmal, for one, so that's a pretty big negative for that kind of experience. The story itself is not that special, either. But there wasn't much in the way of romance in mainstream games back then (and there still isn't). 

This. When it came out, FFX was far and away the best romance story in a game, and also had easily the most drama in a mainstream RPG. The mere fact that it had so much voice acting was also a big deal. Nowadays, it's probably only playable for nostalgia factor (and blitzball, which is actually really fun).

This. When it came out, FFX was far and away the best romance story in a game, and also had easily the most drama in a mainstream RPG. The mere fact that it had so much voice acting was also a big deal. Nowadays, it's probably only playable for nostalgia factor (and blitzball, which is actually really fun).

Blitzball is awful. I still can not understand why people like that, that has been the worst part of the game so far.

Finished Wolfenstein: The New Order, I played it all on mute so I have no clue what was going on in the plot. All I know is I killed lots of nazis.

wow, Why did you play on mute?....worst caes is you have to use headphones, but why mute? did you have subs on at least? maybe that will help explain some of the stuff you missed, and how much time did you spent playing? I beat my play-through in 12 hours, I don't think it was worth the 50G download...i'm gonna play old blood soon, but thats also 37 G, Newer games have more space requirements, but Wolfenstein took this to a new level, 20G is pretty big for a normal game now a days, but I have to admit the New order had some really damn good graphics, that's probably why old blood also takes up a lot of space 

Playing through Advanced Warfare, man this game can be a looker at times. It's same old COD, pop up shooter, has been super easy campaign on veteran. 

wow, Why did you play on mute?....worst caes is you have to use headphones, but why mute? did you have subs on at least? maybe that will help explain some of the stuff you missed, and how much time did you spent playing? I beat my play-through in 12 hours, I don't think it was worth the 50G download...i'm gonna play old blood soon, but thats also 37 G, Newer games have more space requirements, but Wolfenstein took this to a new level, 20G is pretty big for a normal game now a days, but I have to admit the New order had some really damn good graphics, that's probably why old blood also takes up a lot of space 

I dunno, it seemed like a game I could just mindlessly go through while doing other stuff. I also lowered the difficulty to the lowest so it took like 7 hours. 

Forgot old PSN password, had to open new acc because the other one is bound to an obsolete mail address, redeemed my voucher and I can't buy Nepnep now because I am 50 cents short.

FML

edit: Any recommendations for a Vita game for $5.50?

Started my play-through of Tales of Vesperia back up. It took awhile, but I'm finally getting the hang of this game's battle system. 

I love Tales of Vesperia (and the Tales of series in general). Such a good game, wish the ps3 version had a proper translation though. Might just use the translation guide at some point to play through it. 360 version is still good though. One of my favorite games.

I love Tales of Vesperia (and the Tales of series in general). Such a good game, wish the ps3 version had a proper translation though. Might just use the translation guide at some point to play through it. 360 version is still good though. One of my favorite games.

Yeah, I actually imported a copy of the ps3 version and I'm playing through it now with a script at my side. I'm still a little annoyed that they never localized the ps3 version of the game, but I'm happy a full fan-translation exists. 

Yeah, I actually imported a copy of the ps3 version and I'm playing through it now with a script at my side. I'm still a little annoyed that they never localized the ps3 version of the game, but I'm happy a full fan-translation exists. 

I have an imported copy as well and was hoping the patch would work with regular ps3s but eh. Haven't really touched it after finding out the patch wouldn't work. How easy/hard has it been to play through the game just using the script? 

I have an imported copy as well and was hoping the patch would work with regular ps3s but eh. Haven't really touched it after finding out the patch wouldn't work. How easy/hard has it been to play through the game just using the script? 

Its been easy for me to follow along with the script, I just have it on my Wii U's web browser and have a few tabs open. The only thing that's a little annoying are the non-scenario related skits because they can sometimes be difficult to find on the website I'm using since they aren't in any particular order. Oh and the part with the password protected door was something I wasn't expecting, that turned out to be a pain to get past. 

The story its self is easy to follow, and considering the fact you already played through the Xbox 360 version, it shouldn't be too hard for you to follow anyways, to my knowledge most of the game is the same aside from the scenes where they added Patty into the game. 

Finished COD Advance Warfare, series story is still pretty laughable. Amazing set piece spectacles still top notch.

FvqgrAN.png
Pretty smart move I guess?

I have not played too many games recently so I'm just burning through games I've amassed and never touched. 
Playing through AssCreedUnity now, good lightning and chase missions, yay.