What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Recently I've been playing an procedurally generated (every 24 hours) endless runner called Race the Sun. It's super fun and addictive, but most of all it's really chill to space out and play it while listening to music for short periods of time.

Maybe I need it to counterbalance the Bloodborne I've also been addicted to recently :vinty: I really must be a masochist. Honestly I enjoy it so much more than the handful of hours I attempted Dark and Demon Souls for. I love the faster pace and the far more aggressive nature, it suits my playstyle way more than the slower, methodical, super cautious defensiveness required in Dark Souls. Also it helps that I suck a lot less now (I still suck a LOT though!). Threaded cane ftw.

I'm itching to get stuck into a JRPG, more specifically I'm craving to finish Final Fantasy XIII-2. However, my save files did a runner, and the idea of playing through 40/50 hours again just to get back to the same place ever so slightly hurts my soul. I suppose there's the multiple other JRPGs I'm two-thirds through to complete as well... :amane:

In the very slight chance anyone wondered, no, I have not beaten Drakengard 3's final boss yet. When I tried YouTube a few times to help I found syncing up harder than just playing it straight. So - it's on hold for now!

12 minutes ago, Sayaka said:

Recently I've been playing an procedurally generated (every 24 hours) endless runner called Race the Sun. It's super fun and addictive, but most of all it's really chill to space out and play it while listening to music for short periods of time.

Maybe I need it to counterbalance the Bloodborne I've also been addicted to recently :vinty: I really must be a masochist. Honestly I enjoy it so much more than the handful of hours I attempted Dark and Demon Souls for. I love the faster pace and the far more aggressive nature, it suits my playstyle way more than the slower, methodical, super cautious defensiveness required in Dark Souls. Also it helps that I suck a lot less now (I still suck a LOT though!). Threaded cane ftw.

I'm itching to get stuck into a JRPG, more specifically I'm craving to finish Final Fantasy XIII-2. However, my save files did a runner, and the idea of playing through 40/50 hours again just to get back to the same place ever so slightly hurts my soul. I suppose there's the multiple other JRPGs I'm two-thirds through to complete as well... :amane:

In the very slight chance anyone wondered, no, I have not beaten Drakengard 3's final boss yet. When I tried YouTube a few times to help I found syncing up harder than just playing it straight. So - it's on hold for now!

I hope you give Dark Souls another try down the line too, hahaha. Bloodborne is simply an exquisite game. I hope you enjoy it. 

Feeling too pansy to continue SH2 tonight, I decided to spend some time with Prey and it was 3AM before I know it. Holy shit, it's even better than I expected, easily my favorite first person game of all time if this keeps up. More than five hours in, there are a measly 4 enemy types (2 of which were introduced in the last hour) and that's just about the only criticism I could have for this game, and even that is offset by just how many ways there are to take out those two types. Repeatedly throw a computer at them, shoot a pipe and burn them down, turn them into crafting materials with a grenade, the list goes on. It's magnificent. 

Edited by Funyarinpa

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

I hope you give Dark Souls another try down the line too, hahaha. Bloodborne is simply an exquisite game. I hope you enjoy it.

If I don't smash anything and manage to get through Bloodborne with my sanity intact I'll definitely give that DS remaster a go. It really is a lovely game, I dig the Victorian Gothic setting a lot too. The blood splashes are quite satisfying. I'm certainly enjoying it a lot so far, just hoping I can keep the momentum going and not get stuck, then let the game collect dust.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, Funyarinpa said:

Tried NieR out a bit on RPCS3, but it's a bit glitchy. I'm hopeful for a remaster announcement in the coming E3, so I'll hold off till then.

22 hours ago, cro-mag said:

Thought of trying NieR on RPCS3 someday myself. Considering the fact i wasn't able to play the original. Heard they improved emu quite a bit. But yeah, better be remaster.

I hope there's a remaster, but I'm concerned how a NieR remaster would work/turn out. For starters it's graphically not so good for a PS3 game. Gameplay is rather rough, and to those coming from Automata's sweet Platinum action, it'll be a rather difficult adjustment to make. Perhaps a remake? I'm curious what the Yoko Taro approach would be. It seems unlike him to just rerelease NieR a bit jazzed up. I'd personally be hopeful for Replicant, regardless.

15 hours ago, Sayaka said:

I hope there's a remaster, but I'm concerned how a NieR remaster would work/turn out. For starters it's graphically not so good for a PS3 game. Gameplay is rather rough, and to those coming from Automata's sweet Platinum action, it'll be a rather difficult adjustment to make. Perhaps a remake? I'm curious what the Yoko Taro approach would be. It seems unlike him to just rerelease NieR a bit jazzed up. I'd personally be hopeful for Replicant, regardless.

I'd be perfectly fine with it myself. Somehow, NieR's combat is clunky but not boring in 5 entire hours. I even enjoyed the sidequests I did, which is fucking crazy to me. Even Automata, which had very fun gameplay and a lot of story revealed through sidequests (Gathering Keepsakes, Jackass' Research...), didn't engage me anywhere as much with its sidequests. I don't know why.

Been playing Super Robot Wars V and been having a blast playing it. Just seeing so many mecha anime coming together in an "everything and the kitchen sink" kind of way just reminds me of the good and fun aspects of back when I read and wrote multicrossover fanfics. Gameplay wise I think the funniest thing is how the FMP mechs have an absurd natural dodge rate against nearly everything I've encountered in the game so far, and thanks to that these guys, whose weaponry consist of machine guns, missile launchers and giant army knives are easily taking out Gundam level mechs along with star cruisers :wahaha:

Got my 4th plat this year - YS VIII. Great game. After the story i started that post-game dungeon and man that thing pissed me of with number of monsters!!! That's ridiculous!!! Or so i thought before i remembered to switch difficulty... Yeah, finished half of a dungeon on Nightmare, avoiding most of the monsters... But then switched to Easy and that was... Well, easy))
Now's NNK2 time.

Decided to take a little break from Super Robot Wars V and play Nier Automata and I've gotten as far as killing Adam. So far I like the game well enough, the design for the characters and world is surprisingly good, the music's excellent and 2B and 9S are good enough as main characters, even if it is a little weird how they seem to swap views regarding the machine creatures' sentience. Still I'm pretty sure I've read and watched enough science fiction to guess the plot twist that's going to be revealed probably near the end:

My guess:

Spoiler

Humanity is extinct and the whole thing with the human council is either a program left behind on the moon to keep the androids fighting or it's something cooked up by the higher up androids so they can follow through with their mission to destroy the machines to the end.

Got ending A for Nier Automata, pretty much an okay ending though my only real complaint is Adam and Eve, they just weren't around enough for me to get all that invested in them as villains. Maybe the other endings will do that better. Still, before that I've started on the Persona 5 crossover event in Granblue Fantasy and enjoying it so far. The crossover character interactions are nice though a certain scene at the end of the first chapter kind of has me wishing the Persona 4 cast was here too.

Playing NNK2 and in the last Chapter. Well, i like the story, but huge amount of side quests and time needed for kingdom building are tiring me out. I'll finish main story and then we'll see. If i feel like it, maybe will play more, if not - maybe it's time to start 2nd route in KH BBS. Or another option - i'm gonna receive my Drakengard 3 delivery in the nearest days.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently back on my bullshit with Darkest Dungeon, because there's apparently new DLC out and it's a spooky space meteor that's corrupting the fuck out of everything, which is Exactly My Kind Of Horror Bullshit. 

Note: I am very bad at Darkest Dungeon. Even on Radiant, with balance mods installed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started to play Drakengard 3 at last. Finished 3,5 chapters. Well, i knew that series always had rather... peculiar characters)) And this part stands out as well. But damn, i don't know how they managed to release the game with SO BAD frame rate... It's just ridiculous! After some hours i just went and set my PS3 to 576i quality to get better performance! It's insane... Sad that all these performance issues ruin experience of such a rather interesting game. Hoped to hear smth about HD Remaster after Nier Automata, but... Oh well.

Been playing Nier Automata again and played up to what's considered Part 2 of the story and I liked the darker direction it went, I'm both glad and sad at having done that flower sidequest :rubycry:. Unfortunately I got to the part where 2B gets infected with a virus which makes getting from point A to point B within the time limit impossible. I understand limiting my movement helps sell 2B being vulnerable, but taking away the ability to jump at all makes reaching wherever it is I'm supposed to go difficult to say the least considering I'm in a pit and the only way up is to get over uneven ground that has to be jumped over. And this is all while trying to get past an onrush of enemies that you can't really fight against except for the pod.

@BookwormOtaku it's a tricky bit. Actually, you can jump occasionally. You only need to jump a few times I think. Try and plan your route and go the most direct and obstacle-free way. If you keep getting stuck I suggest YouTubing it. Perhaps mess about with the pod programs to find something more suitable - Mirage? 

@cro-mag yeah, it's nigh unplayable at points. I still haven't finished Drakengard 3 cos I've been stuck on the final boss for ages... :amane:

17 minutes ago, Sayaka said:

@cro-mag yeah, it's nigh unplayable at points. I still haven't finished Drakengard 3 cos I've been stuck on the final boss for ages... :amane:

If it's final "boss" on branch D, then i'm not surprised. I heard many unflattering words about that final song, that it's just nigh impossible to beat without YT. Even with video it's hard. Well, i'm still yet to unlock branch B, so we'll see.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:54 AM, cro-mag said:

If it's final "boss" on branch D, then i'm not surprised. I heard many unflattering words about that final song, that it's just nigh impossible to beat without YT. Even with video it's hard. Well, i'm still yet to unlock branch B, so we'll see.

Yep. I tried it with YouTube and actually kept doing worse than I had before. Probably didn't manage to sync it right.

Yakuza 0 got me so addicted to shogi and mahjong now I'm playing those on my phone over yakuza 0.

Also finished Dishonored: The Knife Of Dunwall and am now moving on to The Brigmore Witches. Never played this DLC before, it's very good. 

The reason I play it now, years after playing the main game, is because I bought Dishonored 2 on a Steam sale and then got Death of the Outsider from a retailer. 

Edited by Funyarinpa