What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Finished "Tokyo Xanadu eX+", after story only left. Gotta say the game is pretty good, story is really interesting, fun and enjoyable gameplay. Not saying it has super awesome battle system or whatever, but i don't feel tired of it after 60 hours, pretty fun. Two things i dislike though - MC and a lot of cliche into dialogues sometimes. Sometimes it's really becoming unbearable for me, i even turned off the sound just to not here them, because it's so predictable, really. MC is one of the most cliche ones i've ever seen. You may not think that when you see posters or pictures on PS Store or wiki. He looks there even kinda cynic or something. So i hoped for "not so Rean" (Trails of Cold Steel) protag. But no, i guess he's worse.

Spoiler

His relationships with Shiori - another super cliche thing.

Other than that - all characters are good, story in every chapter quite memorable one. For me especially it's

Spoiler

"God's App" when we get Yuuki, and BLAZE incident. Somehow i always remember these two at first, when i think about what was in game.

Plus a lot of dialogues as always from Falcom. Overall very good game, don't regret spending money and time. Still dunno though about 2nd walkthrough speedrun for platinum. Book pages info about all people is what concerns me the most... I also still has KH: BBS 2 routes as well as YS VIII.

Finally playing some Fire Emblem: Awakening because ever since Super Smash Bros. Melee from 15 years ago I always wondered who the hell Marth was and what that weird music was that would sometimes play in place of the standard Hyrule Temple map music

And then now there's Smash 4 with like six Fire Emblem characters in it

Then I learn that there's like 10+ games and Awakening is chronologically like 2000 years ahead of Marth's time but oh wells

The tactical turn based RPG gameplay is aight, I'm not really too elitist about it though so I'm playing on Normal albeit staying true to Classic mode so I can have the genuine FE experience of having to force reset whenever I stupidly put Lissa one square too close to enemy aggro range trying to heal someone and she gets insta-mauled

And I'm going Female Robin with pink hair ftw :sachi:

On 5/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, Darklord Rooke said:

Welp, undoubtedly the best rpg of 2018 just dropped yesterday and it looks glorious. Unfortunately a bit busy to play it right now, so I'll just sit here and ... look at screenshots or somethin :( 

I have 17 hours in Pillars of Eternity 2 at the moment...loving it so far. It is definitely made for multiple playthroughs. Haven't had a huge amount of bugs but apparently one thing did glitch because for whatever reason one of my characters has the funny looking hat from 1 and he's supposed to have burned it. 

16 hours ago, kyrt said:

I have 17 hours in Pillars of Eternity 2 at the moment...loving it so far. It is definitely made for multiple playthroughs. Haven't had a huge amount of bugs but apparently one thing did glitch because for whatever reason one of my characters has the funny looking hat from 1 and he's supposed to have burned it. 

I'm upgrading my computer so I can play this game in full screen on high without stuttering. Can't wait :3

6gb GTX 1060 ... overkill? It's probably overkill xD It's a tiny bit ridiculous to upgrade a computer for Eternity, and find you can now play the Witcher on it xD

15 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Playing PoE II after Divinity II is being a horror show to me. My god, the combat system is killing me. It feels inefficient and annoying almost on purpose. Even though I love the idea of the game...

Divinity OS are definitely the games to get if you want great combat. POE was more about stories, characters, and having a balanced role play system (#Sawyerism). Divinity tends to be more fun to play because of its exceptional gameplay, but I find Pillars has a better atmosphere because of the writing. They're pretty different, for sure :) 

15 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Divinity OS are definitely the games to get if you want great combat. POE was more about stories, characters, and having a balanced role play system (#Sawyerism). Divinity tends to be more fun to play because of its exceptional gameplay, but I find Pillars has a better atmosphere because of the writing. They're pretty different, for sure :) 

I certainly liked the switch to a more "pen&paper" style of character building, with the different abilities and such, proficiencies and such. My current conundrum is that I love PoE for its story and characters, but the combat makes it really hard to get invested in the game as a whole.

I might just let it rest for a while and tackle it this summer, perhaps, losing myself in the sidequests and such.

Playing Dirt3 (originally i started playing Dirt 4, but at least for now i just can't get into it), i'm having loads of fun with it, especially with sprint races, the modified Audi is awesome XD (some screens in spoiler):

Spoiler

r60os3a.jpg 

zk847Di.jpg 

EG9l2dc.jpg 

6PsyK82.jpg

This was exactly the type of racing game i was looking for!

Edited by +StrikeR+

I have finally finished Lords of the Fallen, it took me a while because i was so immersed in playing Minato Carnival novels, so despite LoF being a very entertaining game i couldn't focus much of my time with it until i was done with those. It was a fun experience, i originally planned to postpone the new game+ playthrough after Dark Souls Remastered, but i'm not having much, if any fun with DS, so i'm still enjoying every now and then LoF, that said bellow in the spoiler (used for space management, i gave my impressions of the game while keeping it spoiler free) are my honest impressions and a few screens of the game:

Spoiler

mdZn5TG.png 

O6mxvFM.jpg 
GKBfJin.jpg 
lwrc85K.jpg 
G2W69b4.jpg

I'm attempting Drakengard 3's final boss.

Help me. Somebody please help me.

Yoko Taro is gleefully giving all players the middle finger.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

8 WHOLE MINUTES!? 8? WITH NO CHECKPOINTS AND ONE MISSED NOTE IS INSTADEATH!?!?

I would probably enjoy this section if there were just one or two checkpoints amidst the insanity. But this is too cruel. And because I'm stubborn I'm going to try until I go insane before I consider syncing up with a YouTube video.

Considering trying it with my eyes closed. Not sure I have good enough rhythm for that though...

:marie:

1 minute ago, Sayaka said:

I'm attempting Drakengard 3's final boss.

Help me. Somebody please help me.

Yoko Taro is gleefully giving all players the middle finger.

Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

8 WHOLE MINUTES!? 8? WITH NO CHECKPOINTS AND ONE MISSED NOTE IS INSTADEATH!?!?

I would probably enjoy this section if there were just one or two checkpoints amidst the insanity. But this is too cruel. And because I'm stubborn I'm going to try until I go insane before I consider syncing up with a YouTube video.

Considering trying it with my eyes closed. Not sure I have good enough rhythm for that though...

:marie:

YT will help you.

Finished Dark Souls 3. Good ass game, but not close to DS1 or Bloodborne in my eyes. Made me want to get a PS4 of my own to continue playing Bloodborne.

Tried NieR out a bit on RPCS3, but it's a bit glitchy. I'm hopeful for a remaster announcement in the coming E3, so I'll hold off till then.

Also downloaded Silent Hill 2. Currently 10 minutes into it. Digging it so far.

2 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

It's spiteful, it's sinister, it's scary, the characters seem great, the opening FMV is wonderful, this game fucking hates me but I love it nevertheless

The first three Silent Hill games are all amazing. It's a shame the remastered versions are garbage.

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Tried NieR out a bit on RPCS3, but it's a bit glitchy. I'm hopeful for a remaster announcement in the coming E3, so I'll hold off till then.

Thought of trying NieR on RPCS3 someday myself. Considering the fact i wasn't able to play the original. Heard they improved emu quite a bit. But yeah, better be remaster.