What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Well i just finished Xenosaga Episode 1:

And what can i say ? I really loved it, but its not without its flaws, the combat system is has its good parts but the way its setup'd it can get annoying and it feels kind of unbalanced, maybe if i had more free time and didn't work 8 hours a day i wouldn't feel annoyed by it (and resorted to cheating of TP points :p), but it definitely has its flaws as well, combat can down right feel sluggish at times... and not exciting at all... AGWS was pointless (something i hope they fix in later games) and the last thing i had a problem with was character development and progression it really jumps around regarding that way to much, its like now people just meet and the next time they have a cutscene/conversation they are one step from being lovers... It really feels like it jumps to much regarding that. Oh there was one more thing, one of the devs sure was a lolicon, i can't believe how many Momo pantyshots are in this game, its like every scene with her they tried to put one if with the smallest chance... Meanwhile Kos-Mos and Shion... i only managed to catch one glimpse at the end of a battle, *sigh* i should at least be grateful for the Shion bathing suit scene, but i digress. 

Despite its faults (and lack of Shion panty shots) i loved this game for 3 things: the story (although not much is going on, each time it progresses there's only more questions, but i didn't hate it), the characters (omg i loved Shion and Kos-mos!) and the music, great soundtrack! 

Looking forward to Xenosaga Episode 2! Seems more polished except for the walking/running animation...

PS: this is the second game i ever finished on PCSX2!

Edited by Strike105X

When you finish all but 1 ending of NieR: Automata but to unlock that one route, it takes about as many hours as all the other routes combined FML.

For anyone who actually played it: HOW DO I GET EMIL TO SELL ME WEAPONS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. SPENT 5 HRS AND NOTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: No, I can't not finish when I'm one ending off

Edited by Chewy

On 2/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, Kenshin_sama said:

Some time ago, I started a .hack marathon to rewatch and replay everything in the franchise, but I ended up getting stuck at Another Birth. I think I'll have to give that one a drop since it only seems to be a retelling of the original 4 games from a different perspective.

GU is half the reason I became so engrossed with .hack in the first place. I can't wait to pick it up again once I finish everything leading up to it.

That's actually something I did not too long ago also! Shortly before the release of Last Recode, I re-watched Signs and a bunch of others including Roots (That I haven't watched before).

Watching the newest stuff they've made for the .hack series so far, it made me really, really, really want a new game featuring some of the stuff they showed off in the newer anime. Like the airships and stuff, the game looked much more lively. I've seen on the wiki that they've released a few new games since G.U., but they seem to have not done too well. They definitely need to make a new RPG.

In other news though, I finally finished Vol.2 of G.U~ :sachi:

I did absolutely everything I could, filled all the Book of 1000, but in the end, I just couldn't find one last Crustacean called a Scissor Bite. It really sucks, I went to the area a guide I've been using said they'd be, but they weren't there. And in another guide, I didn't have the Area word "Dreaming" to go to that one, and upon googling for more, I just couldn't find anything. :vinty:

Hopefully I'll be able to find one in Vol.3, but I won't be starting that one until I finish GOD EATER 2. :amane:

13 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

That's actually something I did not too long ago also! Shortly before the release of Last Recode, I re-watched Signs and a bunch of others including Roots (That I haven't watched before).

Watching the newest stuff they've made for the .hack series so far, it made me really, really, really want a new game featuring some of the stuff they showed off in the newer anime. Like the airships and stuff, the game looked much more lively. I've seen on the wiki that they've released a few new games since G.U., but they seem to have not done too well. They definitely need to make a new RPG.

In other news though, I finally finished Vol.2 of G.U~ :sachi:

I did absolutely everything I could, filled all the Book of 1000, but in the end, I just couldn't find one last Crustacean called a Scissor Bite. It really sucks, I went to the area a guide I've been using said they'd be, but they weren't there. And in another guide, I didn't have the Area word "Dreaming" to go to that one, and upon googling for more, I just couldn't find anything. :vinty:

Hopefully I'll be able to find one in Vol.3, but I won't be starting that one until I finish GOD EATER 2. :amane:

Oh damn, I didn't even know about Last Recode. Thanks! Good thing I won't have to use an emulator for it now. I still have the 2 originals from way back when (I couldn't possibly let them go lol), but I'm no longer able to play them since my PS2 broke. I'm pretty damn stoked about this remaster! :D

My memory is a little foggy on this since it's been so long, but I remember there being a series of secret events that are revealed in the in-game forum that allows you to access certain areas with hidden area words. And unless you do the events within a certain timeframe, you won't be able to do it at all throughout the rest of the game (it spans across multiple volumes). I think you fight a Doppelganger by the end of the first volume. Did you run that event?

Edited by Kenshin_sama

In the course of these few months, I played a great part of the video games I had as my objectives.

As I don't have the PS4 (yet), I couldn't play Sen no Kiseki III, but starting with Trails in the Sky the 3rd a few months ago, I finished Zero no Kiseki, Ao no Kiseki, Sen no Kiseki I and II. Amongst them were those two games in Japanese I had for objective when I started to learn Japanese, so I was more than happy to be able to play them. Was also really glad to finally play Sen after all these years of being stubborn and not playing them to do everything in order.

And yesterday (more like this morning), I finished two of my other objectives: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2. And I have to say, I was even more impressed by these two. I played the Evolution version of Zero and Ao no Kiseki, so they were voiced, which really helped. But that's not the case of DGS 1 and 2, so I thought it would be really difficult. But it wasn't. Sure, there were lots of kanji I didn't know, but the meaning of most were easily guessable from the context so it ended up being easier than I thought.

So in the end I have now a strange feeling, having accomplished these objectives. It's really rewarding to be able to do what you strived for so long.

Anyway, now it's time to play Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, as I didn't get to play the DS version.

13 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Oh damn, I didn't even know about Last Recode. Thanks! Good thing I won't have to use an emulator for it now. I still have the 2 originals from way back when (I couldn't possibly let them go lol), but I'm no longer able to play them since my PS2 broke. I'm pretty damn stoked about this remaster! :D

My memory is a little foggy on this since it's been so long, but I remember there being a series of secret events that are revealed in the in-game forum that allows you to access certain areas with hidden area words. And unless you do the events within a certain timeframe, you won't be able to do it at all throughout the rest of the game (it spans across multiple volumes). I think you fight a Doppelganger by the end of the first volume. Did you run that event?

I'm glad I was able to make you aware of it! I've never played the other .hack games myself, I ended up watching LP's on YouTube, but I'm really enjoying Last Recode so far. I can't wait to start Vol.3! :sacchan:

Yup! I've been doing everything so far, I 100% Vol.1 and almost Vol.2, the only thing I had left to do was get just one last monster, but for whatever reason, it doesn't show up in the area this guide told me to go to. I don't think it matters that much however, since I still managed to max out the Book of 1000 without getting the last monster. ^_^

4 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I'm glad I was able to make you aware of it! I've never played the other .hack games myself, I ended up watching LP's on YouTube, but I'm really enjoying Last Recode so far. I can't wait to start Vol.3! :sacchan:

Yup! I've been doing everything so far, I 100% Vol.1 and almost Vol.2, the only thing I had left to do was get just one last monster, but for whatever reason, it doesn't show up in the area this guide told me to go to. I don't think it matters that much however, since I still managed to max out the Book of 1000 without getting the last monster. ^_^

I'd say one thing, playing the OG .hack was a lot of fun, especially with all the tributes to the series .hack//G.U gives us.

Spoiler

For example with the 3 invincible swordmen, Kite, Balmung and Orca, i was grinning all the time.

Oh and also reusing the lore of the first game in a new way was super fun.

Just playing through Dragon Age Inquisition for like the 5000th time.

Don't know what it is with this game, it just keeps pulling me back in to it, time and time again.

Well here are some pictures of the HF Mage I'm playing right now

d0n4ykb.jpg

"Me" and my love interest in this play through. and yes its Sera

HlkzbO0.jpg

Edited by Thomas

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

"Me" and my love interest in this play through. and yes its Sera

I admire your courage. As much as I enjoy f/f romance, Sera was a bit to extreme to me.

That is, telling her to GTFO and never approach the Inquisition at less than 5 mile range felt like the only appropriate option. :D

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

14 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I admire your courage. As much as I enjoy f/f romance, Sera was a bit to extreme to me.

That is, telling her to GTFO and never approach the Inquisition at less than 5 mile range felt like the only appropriate option. :D

Haha Yeah i know what you mean that's why i saved her to be the last one i romanced in DAI

48 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Haha Yeah i know what you mean that's why i saved her to be the last one i romanced in DAI

I couldn't understand what she meant most of the time. :(

Man I'm in heaven

Set up my new laptop finally and I'm currently able to run both NieR: Automata and Dark Souls III very well, both of which I've wanted to play for more than a year now.

Dark Souls III is fun and atmospheric, but oh my fucking god Automata is so fucking amazing it has some of my favorite gameplay in any game holy fuck one of the best OSTs ever to boot and GAAH I wanna see the story so bad

So now the only pipe dream of mine is to get a PS4 to play Bloodborne while alone and in the dark but that's pretty much not possible.

So Divinity OS 2 was voted best RPG of 2017 by the only RPG nerds that matter :P some random weirdos on the internet. Anybody who hasn't given it a go probably should, best game from 2017 for me :3

15985.png

Currently playing Trails of Cold Steel. Lots of fun. Dropped Berseria because while the story was excellent ... the RPG gameplay wasn't.

I actually liked the Berseria gameplay. Best Tales combat system since Graces F, IMO, and maybe even better than Graces F. Once you get the swing of it, combat is fast and rewards both skill and sound tactics, and all of that is important to me. There are rarely some boss enemies that make the combat system very unforgiving and less rewarding, and those can make a fight extremely frustrating, though. All that said, you probably just have different preferences, and that's fine; you can't all have excellent taste like me.

I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is by turns fun and frustrating. I haven't gotten that far in (I'm in Chapter 3, I think?). The gacha is pretty infuriating; I've only rolled one rare blade so far, and it was for Nia, so my main character only has two slots and one of them is a lousy three-star generic, ugh. The combat is growing on me as more options open up. The only thing I'm not liking so far is that there seem to be major balance problems. Land in a new zone: prepare to be playing ludicrously safely for the first hour or two until you level up a few times, peeling monsters off one or two at a time so you can actually handle them. Then, once you level up, just roflstop everything for an hour or two. Then move on to a new zone and repeat. Add to that, all the boss fights so far have been an absolute joke; I'm much more likely to die by accidentally pulling three mobs in a new zone than I am to die to a boss. All feels rather off.

Edited by Fred the Barber

On 3/7/2018 at 9:27 PM, Fred the Barber said:

I actually liked the Berseria gameplay. Best Tales combat system since Graces F, IMO, and maybe even better than Graces F. Once you get the swing of it, combat is fast and rewards both skill and sound tactics, and all of that is important to me. There are rarely some boss enemies that make the combat system very unforgiving and less rewarding, and those can make a fight extremely frustrating, though. All that said, you probably just have different preferences, and that's fine; you can't all have excellent taste like me.

I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is by turns fun and frustrating. I haven't gotten that far in (I'm in Chapter 3, I think?). The gacha is pretty infuriating; I've only rolled one rare blade so far, and it was for Nia, so my main character only has two slots and one of them is a lousy three-star generic, ugh. The combat is growing on me as more options open up. The only thing I'm not liking so far is that there seem to be major balance problems. Land in a new zone: prepare to be playing ludicrously safely for the first hour or two until you level up a few times, peeling monsters off one or two at a time so you can actually handle them. Then, once you level up, just roflstop everything for an hour or two. Then move on to a new zone and repeat. Add to that, all the boss fights so far have been an absolute joke; I'm much more likely to die by accidentally pulling three mobs in a new zone than I am to die to a boss. All feels rather off.

I absolutely loved Tales of Berseria and while I did like the combat system it got really repetitive after a while. I really wish they could have given you that geoboard a lot earlier in the game. By the end of it I was just sick of constantly running into enemies.

I started Blue Reflection just the other day and it seems like it could prove to be a fun and interesting time. I've only just started but I already like the main protagonist quite a bit. Not huge into the turn base stuff but it's nothing I can't deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Ys VIII. For now it's been... fairly mediocre, really. The combat is as nice as always, but the story hasn't gone anywhere since its initial premise, and the characters aren't all that interesting (bar Sahad).

The Nameless Slasher plot was really silly, too, character included.

I somehow got hooked spamming some Project Diva X during my free times this week. It was collecting dust for god knows how long prior to now

I consider myself a fairly casual to somewhat above average player when it comes to rhythm games, the only other one I've been routinely playing being Love Live SIF which i can full combo most EX songs and some Super EX no probs

But I couldn't full combo Project Diva X's Expert songs for crap xD. It's a whole different ballgame when you have 8 physical buttons to account for vs tapping screen with 2 thumbs ._.

It took me a bit to warm up to Miku and in general most of them songs are whatevers but there were enough catchy ones to keep me interested

VR mode is pretty cool, I just wish you can actually play the rhythm game instead of being limited to just watching it concert style. A bit awkward at first but it can get pretty trippy when Miku's running up to you while singing Ai no Uta / Love Song:notlikemiya:

And I didn't know Hatsune Miku + friends are a legit voice synthesis technology, I thought they had the usual voice actors voicing them the whole time rofl. With some mass auto-tuning shiz or w.e going on. The more you know~

On 3/22/2018 at 10:36 AM, LunarianLight said:

Right now I'm just enjoying Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.  I got a new PS4 Slim so I'm looking to play some new games.  Got Persona 5, Last Recode, and Tokyo Xanadu ex+ on backlog right now.  Dunno if there's any more great JRPGs I should be looking into?

There's a plethora of JPRGs on the PS4. You definitely have to try out NieR: Automata first though!

Also Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (remake of the PS2 Odin Sphere). There seem to be a number of JRPG remaster/remakes recently - so in addition to Last Recode, there's Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster (also on PS3) and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX (also on PS3)... maybe some others I can't remember.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD also (remaster of a JP-only PSP game). Oh, and there's Final Fantasy XV but I can't vouch for it personally, and there's a rather mixed reception out there...

If you're into SRPGs I hear Disgaea 5 is good. If you're into Nep-Nep there are some Idea Factory games.

Happy JRPGing!

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, LunarianLight said:

Right now I'm just enjoying Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.  I got a new PS4 Slim so I'm looking to play some new games.  Got Persona 5, Last Recode, and Tokyo Xanadu ex+ on backlog right now.  Dunno if there's any more great JRPGs I should be looking into?

I can vouch AGAINST the accursed FF XV. Right now, you'll need to pay a shit ton of cash for the base game + all the DLCs that fix, patch and add. Gotta wait for 2020 for the release of some "definitive edition" that's not half a game. Disgaea 5 is alrighty, but the only Disgaea on PS4, I think, so what can one do.

Bloodborne is an absolute must have, must play.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update: holy crap I can't believe how good this game is. The plot just keeps getting better. At this point, every chapter ending knocks me flat on my ass, and sometimes I get a bonus pratfall in the middle of the chapter too.

The difficulty is still kind of all over the board, but my experience now is radically different from what it was when I last posted. I think starting with the end boss fight of Chapter 3, boss fights started to feel a lot harder (that one in particular took me several tries, rearranging my party and roles each time). However, since I like doing side stuff, I did a lot of sidequesting and spamming merc missions, which has ended up with me outleveling the main game by quite a bit, so boss fights are again back on the easier side (when you're a solid ten levels higher than the boss, I guess that's understandable?). Balance is returning slowly though, since now I just run through story areas without actually fighting anything except named enemies.

The random core crystal resonating thing is still infuriating, but at least I'm close to being done with it, I think. I have some 9 Blades left to fill in the encyclopedia, of which at least a few should be from quests/story. It does bug the crap out of me that I've found maybe four legendary core crystals at this point, and not one of them has given me anything better than a three-crown Blade. I think I once got a unique Blade from a rare core crystal (that despite opening a ton of rares), and all the rest of my random unique Blades have come from commons. If they're going to make the legendary crystals that hard to get, they could at least have the decency to give them a guaranteed good drop. Hell, I'd be happy just for them to guarantee a four-crown generic blade so I could farm it for an Overdrive. Oh well.

At any rate, I can't recommend this game enough. If you do play it, definitely play the dub: admittedly, there's one voice actor I don't care for in the cast, but the rest are stellar. The localization is excellent and uses this lively set of regional accents for the characters, which I suspect reads weirdly if you're playing it subbed. However, it's an absolute delight (at least for me) playing it dubbed, when the regional wording is matched by regional accents on the voice cast. Mòrag's Scottish burr, in particular, is an utter pleasure to listen to and tends to make me melt into a puddle of happiness whenever I hear it.

Edit: I forgot to mention the soundtrack. Mother of god, the soundtrack. It's so good it makes me want to cry.

Edited by Fred the Barber