What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

FFX is great. Think I'm nearing the end.

Spoiler

So, I just defeated Lady Yunalesca. I think that fight clocks over at least half an hour, but man it was a great fight (mechanically). Didn't really dig the "I sacrificed my beloved husband clad only in metallic lingerie" outfit, but it took me three attempts without being frustrating. 

Auron being unsent is a nice twist, it adds to his character. Should look up Jecht and his Spheres later on, his story seems to be equally important.

Found it somewhat silly that the only plan the whole cast had before murdering a thousand-year old soul that's been the backbone of the Spiran society was that "There has to be a way!!!1!!!!111!1!". The dialogue also got a bit too hamfisted, but descending from Gagazet's summit into Zanarkand was absolutely magical. Then again, Yunalesca decided to attack first, so selfdefense.jpeg.

One of these days a JRPG will do the whole "Main cast does incredibly risky thing while unfoundedly believing that they'll find a way out of their seemingly hopeless situation or dilemma *somehow*" thing but instead of things turning out OK in the end it'll end with the cast really having fucked everything over because they did not think it through. And I'll laugh my fucking ass off when it happens (or get salty)

Still feel like the cast is acting too close for what we have seen of them. Then again, I played 35 hours in span of less than 2 weeks so perhaps I just feel that way because the game is rushed. I just wish there were more casual interactions during the journey, like when you're crossing the Moonglow river or after that one Temple where you get Ixion. Honestly, the Zanarkand campfire moment (the one in the game's opening) already moved me; if the game had more cutscenes that bonded the cast (especially Rikku is weird in this regard, she just happens to come by the party somehow but Yuna acts like she's known Rikku for years) I think I would have enjoyed the game tenfold.

Honestly the one thing that I'm a bit peeved on is that there's not a single scene where either Yuna or Tidus acknowledges the whole Suteki Da Ne cutscene. I guess it makes sense that the focus shouldn't shift over to romance, but I feel like we could have seen a different side of Yuna as well. 

Overall, the game is still great of course. The dub, the dead-eyes character models and the script gets on my nerves sometimes but the music, atmosphere and interactions overall are as great as ever.

P.S: Kimahri is still fucking useless, Tidus is semi-useful thanks to Haste and Cheer, and Auron is fucking OP and I love it

FFX time!

Spoiler

Just got to the final boss. In terms of leveling: Kimahri is still fucking useless, got Entrust for Auron (waste of a Lv. 4 sphere in retrospect, should've gotten Doublecast for Lulu with that), got Curaga for Yuna, Lulu is kinda up in the air, and such.

Story's p. good, I wish there was more interaction among the cast, feels too short now that it's over.

I tried to look up non-cheese strategies but JESUS FUCK, people are saying things like how the whole cast had 20K+ HP by the time they got to Jecht and stuff. No way in hell I'm grinding that hard, nor buggering off to grind for hours to get hidden aeons.

I preferred the first half, personally. Also didn't feel like there was much of a build-up to Sin and such, but I guess that's just a JRPG / PS2 era thing.

2 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

FFX time!

Hide contents

Just got to the final boss. In terms of leveling: Kimahri is still fucking useless, got Entrust for Auron (waste of a Lv. 4 sphere in retrospect, should've gotten Doublecast for Lulu with that), got Curaga for Yuna, Lulu is kinda up in the air, and such.

Story's p. good, I wish there was more interaction among the cast, feels too short now that it's over.

I tried to look up non-cheese strategies but JESUS FUCK, people are saying things like how the whole cast had 20K+ HP by the time they got to Jecht and stuff. No way in hell I'm grinding that hard, nor buggering off to grind for hours to get hidden aeons.

I preferred the first half, personally. Also didn't feel like there was much of a build-up to Sin and such, but I guess that's just a JRPG / PS2 era thing.

Spoiler

The hidden aeons are pretty sweet, though.

Picked up Bloodborne, since I bought a PS4, and wow.  I thought Dark Souls was hard.  So far, the beginning part is kicking my ass over and over again.  First it was the werewolves double teaming me (seriously, fuck those werewolves  :saber: ), and now I'm stuck on the Cleric Beast.  I found out what I was doing wrong, and I'm currently in the middle of farming enough Blood Echoes to be able to get enough consumables and stat increases to be able to stand a chance.

I remember when the first boss was relatively easy  :sachi:

5 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Picked up Bloodborne, since I bought a PS4, and wow.  I thought Dark Souls was hard.  So far, the beginning part is kicking my ass over and over again.  First it was the werewolves double teaming me (seriously, fuck those werewolves  :saber: ), and now I'm stuck on the Cleric Beast.  I found out what I was doing wrong, and I'm currently in the middle of farming enough Blood Echoes to be able to get enough consumables and stat increases to be able to stand a chance.

I remember when the first boss was relatively easy  :sachi:

Ahh, playing BB for the first time, what an experience. The crows nearly gave me a heart attack.

On 01/02/2017 at 11:34 PM, Kurisu-Chan said:

6 hours into overwatch and i finally understand why 25 milions people brought it. 

I feel like most people were middly hyped by it before buying it, and then got it and were like "Why the fuck did I waited all this time". It was a big surprise for me.

Edited by Pinkaw

FFX: Had to grind before the final boss. Been stuck there for two weeks at this point. Will hopefully finish it within the next week; just got Doublecast for Lulu and I'm about to have another attempt.

Superbeat Xonic: I play only a couple songs a day. I liked the track list far more than I thought I would, standouts being Fantasti-K and Timeline.

Also started to watch a playthrough of the first Drankengard. Planning on doing the same for 2 and perhaps even 3.

Edited by Funyarinpa

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

FFX: Had to grind before the final boss. Been stuck there for two weeks at this point. Will hopefully finish it within the next week; just got Doublecast for Lulu and I'm about to have another attempt.

If you grind hard enough at the Omega Ruins, you can pretty much 3-shot the final boss. :sachi:

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Also started to watch a playthrough of the first Drankengard. Planning on doing the same for 2 and perhaps even 3.

You can skip 2, it's not relevant to pretty much anything at all, it' weirdly different in tone compared to the rest of the series and it is widely regarded as the worst one.

42 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

I hate grinding lol that's the problem

That's too bad. Personally, I liked the process of becoming so absurdly OP that the grind didn't really bother me at all. Eventually I got to the point where my regular attacks were hitting the 99,999 damage cap and we're basically on par with overdrives (unless you could chain them). I was even hitting that cap with Auron using magic! Those were good times. :)

Welp. Finished FFX a few hours ago. It was amazing overall, and besides that 6-hour long grinding slump, a memorable journey all the way through. Amazing, wonderful, beautiful game. 

Also finished watching a Drankengard LP (skipped battle scenes). Hated it until the end. Then that ending happened and I laughed about it for the next two hours. Fucking amazing. 

On 2/17/2017 at 8:00 PM, Vokoca said:

You can skip 2, it's not relevant to pretty much anything at all, it' weirdly different in tone compared to the rest of the series and it is widely regarded as the worst one.

Tfw it is my favorite </3 q-q

Been playing hella Crusader Kings 2, XCOM 2, and Dwarf Fortress recently. Together they have had me hooked for months, although I have been playing CK2 and DF for years now.

Edit: Oh, right, I am also replaying FE8 (Sacred Stones). Full ironman. Haven't had any deaths to speak of, except for one I planned because I thought it would fit with the story. Kind of wanted to RP a bit. :P

3 hours ago, LinovaA said:

Haven't had any deaths to speak of, except for one I planned

You realize this makes you a terrible person, right?

I'm still trying to gather my motivation and get back to Tales of Zestiria. Yes, I have Berseria, but I've convinced myself I'd rather play through Zestiria first. Unless this is a terrible decision?

5 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Welp. Finished FFX a few hours ago. It was amazing overall, and besides that 6-hour long grinding slump, a memorable journey all the way through. Amazing, wonderful, beautiful game. 

I seem to have forgotten to talk about the part where I wept silently in my bed during the whole ending cutscene all through to the moment when the game throws you back into the main menu. 

Edited by Funyarinpa