What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

6 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

Mass Effect 2's DLCS are incredibly important. Many of them directly affect 3, by explaining major plot elements that are coming in it. Without playing many ME2 DLCs, you will be completely confused upon starting Mass Effect 3.

Only 1 DLC in ME2 is REALLY relevant to the story, and even that isn't necessary.

I played Mass Effect 3 without playing the story oriented DLCs from number 2. In fact I still haven't played them because they don't seem important or interesting to me nor do they seem to be great experiences. I was not confused. Storytelling isn't about showing every little thing which happened in a certain time frame, it's also not about letting the reader know every little thing that happened in a time frame. The events that happened were alluded to in sufficient detail in number 3, and anyone who's curious about what happened can go and play it. 

4 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I agree with literally everything in this post. That doesn't happen very often.

Well, I AM a very agreeable fella :P 

7 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Not for Mass effect 3, mass effect 3 DLCs are very important for comprehending the lore. 

Understanding all of the lore isn't necessary for the story. It's like LOTR, understanding all of the lore isn't necessary to read the story, but anyone who's curious can go buy Tolkien's other book(s).

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

Understanding all of the lore isn't necessary for the story. It's like LOTR, understanding all of the lore isn't necessary to read the story, but anyone who's curious can go buy Tolkien's other book(s).

Javik is necessary, actually he was part of the main game, but bioware decided to put him into a 10$ DLC, the best character of the whole trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

Tried to boot up the first Witcher game after losing steam about halfway through (that happened a year ago), and I'm really not into it and have no idea what's going on anymore.  Is it terrible to not finish the first one and just skip to the second and third?

Ehhh the first withcer game is really not that good and the combat is awful IMO.

For me i just read the summary of the first one and skip it

Hmm... I mostly play RPG so here are some games, I cannot remember all the games I played though @@

Dragon Age series (Origins - II - Inquisition)

Witcher III

Elder Scroll V Skyrim

Fallout 4

Demon's Souls - Dark Souls I - II - III (sadly haven't played Bloodborne though)

Playing Dark Souls 2 for the first time on my PS4, and GOD FUCKING DAMN the DLC bosses! It really pisses me off how they were obviously tailormade for multiplayer, I DONT FUCKING CARE HOW MANY DIFFERENT ENEMIES YOU HAVE SPAMMING ME DURING A BOSS BATTLE, I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU WITH THE TWIN RETARDED NPCS CAUSE YOU ARE NOT MILKING A PSN SUBSCRIPTION FEE FROM ME!!!!

I should probably calm down and play a bit of Pokemon Uranium before I have a aneurysm.

On 8/24/2016 at 2:22 AM, Jade said:

Ehhh the first withcer game is really not that good and the combat is awful IMO.

For me i just read the summary of the first one and skip it

I prefer it to 3 so far.

As for Dark Souls 2, the game is difficult for the sake of being difficult. It wasn't made by the same team that made DKS1 & DKS3. Miyazaki himself even stated he never intended for the games to be difficult, they simply were because of "How they are."

The problem is, with DS2's design team, fans were clamoring them for another difficult game, but they had no clue. The main Team was working on Bloodborne, so they had this series dropped in their lap and they read up on what people wanted - difficulty. So they went and made a game with an insane amount of artificial difficulty. There's a reason more people are still playing DKS1 than DKS2.

eHfrHJ0.jpg

I'm back at these motherfuckers on my replay of DS1.  Bah.

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

The problem is, with DS2's design team, fans were clamoring them for another difficult game, but they had no clue. The main Team was working on Bloodborne, so they had this series dropped in their lap and they read up on what people wanted - difficulty. So they went and made a game with an insane amount of artificial difficulty. There's a reason more people are still playing DKS1 than DKS2.

I knew there was a reason that I enjoyed playing Bloodborne soo much more. 

And here is my danganronpa : happy trigger havoc review, if i consider it as a game.

so, this game has some gameplay elements : you can walk around the school, talk with characters, give them presents and dig up their backstory. That's the free-time gameplay.

But, when the story starts really, and...someone gets killed, the game finally start, first of all, you'll have to investigate the crime scene and speak to all the witness, and, like a detective, prepare your arguments and your proofs before the real battle starts.

The judgement, in the judgement phase, you'll have a collection of minigame, where you'll have to use both your dexterity and your logic, in order to achieve the ultimate truth, and find out the true culprit! (like sherlock holmes but more...shota) 

The cases are...uneven, they are globally easy, especially one of them where you can pretty much guess the culprit after 3 seconds, but even so, it's still a good game to play, the gameplay is good, and entertaining enough, so it works out well, even if it gets a bit repetitive.

Gonna give it a solid 7/10 if i consider it as a game, it has a good story, a good artstyle and the gameplay is rather good, but it has also a lot of flaws in my opinion.