What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I've been playing som Dirt Rally and so far it has been really nice, but i do miss some 60's RWD cars, a Volvo Amazon, Ford/Lotus Cortina GT or BMW 2002 or something like that would be nice. Understeering around in FWD cars is just not as fun.

Just finished The Witcher 1. I gotta say, the story in this game is absolutely fantastic. The whole concept of moral ambiguity was so well played out. It felt like a completely new experience to me, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I eventually got used to the gameplay mechanics, though it took a lot to get use to. The combat did get fun eventually, lol.

For anyone curious, I went with the Order ending. I plan on replaying this and going with the neutral ending (which I initially had no idea was available).

I felt that racism was a lesser evil as compared to terrorism, so I decided to go with the Order. And oh man, when I heard about the person who was tortured by ants, I did not regret my decision.

I wonder what happened to Alvin. He just kinda vanished out of nowhere when the nonhumans attacked, and nothing else was mentioned of him. Maybe I messed up on a few choices. ._. Well, no matter, this time I'll be consulting a choices guide to see if I can get something better.

Played a bit more Ar nosurge, very...interesting ending to diving into Kanon's mind (and Ion's thoughts during the hot springs conversation...how is it this game has zero doujinshi?! :huh: ). Mainly grinding some DP before the required POV switch (though to be honest I'm so far liking the "girl and her robot" premise more than "donkan + tsundere").

On a side note, while reading a summary of Ciel nosurge gives me a good idea of who the characters are, it also has me really confused sometimes when stuff from the previous game is brought up which seem a little inconsistent with what I remember from the summary.

For instance everyone says humanity destroyed Ra Ciela when I'm pretty sure it was the sun exploding, unless that was somehow man made without the use of a Sun Crusher. Then there's the bit with the Genom that seems a bit contrary in they chose to stay on Ra Ciela when it blew up and the surviving ones were the few that asked to come along.

Played a bit more Ar nosurge, very...interesting ending to diving into Kanon's mind (and Ion's thoughts during the hot springs conversation...how is it this game has zero doujinshi?! :huh: ). Mainly grinding some DP before the required POV switch (though to be honest I'm so far liking the "girl and her robot" premise more than "donkan + tsundere").

On a side note, while reading a summary of Ciel nosurge gives me a good idea of who the characters are, it also has me really confused sometimes when stuff from the previous game is brought up which seem a little inconsistent with what I remember from the summary.

For instance everyone says humanity destroyed Ra Ciela when I'm pretty sure it was the sun exploding, unless that was somehow man made without the use of a Sun Crusher. Then there's the bit with the Genom that seems a bit contrary in they chose to stay on Ra Ciela when it blew up and the surviving ones were the few that asked to come along.

When the scientist in Ra Ciela brought Ion and Nelo over the dimensions, the world fell out of balance, which in turn made the Sun unstable. So yes, sun destroyed Ra Ciela, but it was because of the actions of humanity.

The descriptions are sometimes little cryptic because they only tell one side of the truth and leave out some pieces of information. For example, the Glossary entry of Ra Ciela hints that something happened behind the scenes, but leaves out what it actually was.

Also, some of the information has changed a little over the time, since not many in universe can remember what really happened in Ra Ciela.

I've been playing SMT: Nocturne. The story is way more interesting than I initially expected and I kinda like the minimalistic and low-key style of story telling.

I like how SMT combat is pretty explosive, momentum can change were rapidly and every fight is tense. Bosses especially are thrilling, definitely the high points of the game.  

my 2 main games were Destiny and LOL but got bored of LOL. destiny, oh boy did they shit all over Destiny with the latest nerfs. I had no choice but to leave after what they did. Thank god I got a refund for pre ordering the DLC. Last time I pre order anything.

my 2 main games were Destiny and LOL but got bored of LOL. destiny, oh boy did they shit all over Destiny with the latest nerfs. I had no choice but to leave after what they did. Thank god I got a refund for pre ordering the DLC. Last time I pre order anything.

Do you mean the upcoming nerfs, or something in the past? The upcoming ones do sound rough, but not "quit the game" rough, for me at least. At this point, I want to at least play all the new sub-classes in Taken King, but I'm also finally starting to get a bit tired of the game. With other, cooler things coming out, I probably will drop it soon. Meanwhile, I'm still super excited about the Blast Corps re-release coming up as part of the Rare Replay, on August 4th. That's going to be some serious nostalgia gaming.

Do you mean the upcoming nerfs, or something in the past? The upcoming ones do sound rough, but not "quit the game" rough, for me at least. At this point, I want to at least play all the new sub-classes in Taken King, but I'm also finally starting to get a bit tired of the game. With other, cooler things coming out, I probably will drop it soon. Meanwhile, I'm still super excited about the Blast Corps re-release coming up as part of the Rare Replay, on August 4th. That's going to be some serious nostalgia gaming.

ghorn and making the BH completely useless

ghorn and making the BH completely useless

... yeah, to be honest, my reaction to the Gjallarhorn nerf is, "Cry me a fucking river." The Black Hammer one kind of sucks since it's just a regular old sniper rifle, but G'Horn is brokenly overpowered and, as they pointed out in their blog post, has been visibly harmful to the health of the player community. It's about time they nerfed it.

... yeah, to be honest, my reaction to the Gjallarhorn nerf is, "Cry me a fucking river." The Black Hammer one kind of sucks since it's just a regular old sniper rifle, but G'Horn is brokenly overpowered and, as they pointed out in their blog post, has been visibly harmful to the health of the player community. It's about time they nerfed it.

you're one of those people who thinks a PVE weapon needs a nerf? Well then, I won't reply any further then.

Currently playing Way of the Samurai 4 and in the middle of playing the true route now. This game is as fun as i remember  :D 

After that, probably go back to playing either Armored Core FA, Ys II. or Lost Dimension. Not sure really

Played more Ar nosurge with some more synthesis on Ion's end before switching over to Delta (points to Ion for being smart enough not to trust the extremely obvious main villain pair). Was not expecting that to happen in between POV switches

then again seeing as the average lifespan seems to be longer than Yoda's two years is probably the equivalent of a couple months to the cast

Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 at the moment! I'm also casually playing Skyrim (as always) while I try to get up the motivation / desire to play some of the games in my recent Humble Bundle purchases, and patiently (okay, maybe not so patiently) awaiting the release of Persona 5. :P

Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 at the moment! I'm also casually playing Skyrim (as always) while I try to get up the motivation / desire to play some of the games in my recent Humble Bundle purchases, and patiently (okay, maybe not so patiently) awaiting the release of Persona 5. :P

no ESO?

Playing some more XCOM Long War. I think the worst part of it is that you can't get menu and reload during enemy turn :P Getting 4 misses in the row with like 60% hit chance or getting 3 pods 4 chrysalids each at one place I can somehow stand, but having to wait to get that menu is driving me nuts >.<

Was Konami involved in that game? According to the Neptunia Wikia, it was developed by Compile Heart and published by Idea Factory.

Well, either way, I am kinda irked at Konami too. I really liked their games, but I refuse to support them any longer.

Nope, but Konami is a character in the game, and so is Capcom, Square, Enix and... whatever B-sha is, haven't met her yet.