What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Trying to beat the first Darksiders before I go back to the first Witcher.  Have to say, I'm really digging the Zelda-esque puzzles and dungeons.  War is an incredibly boring and cliche protagonist, but at least the game itself is fun.  Death is so much more interesting, but I don't want to play the sequel before the original :wafuu:

In spite of the backlog (and the Steam Sale loot), I started playing Metroid Prime.

Now that I have played two previous games in the series (Zero Mission and Super Metroid because M2 sucks), there are many more nuances I can appreciate- though I am not sure if I can call the 

"Get in derelict spaceship, attack a boss, run away with a countdown as the vessel explodes"

a throwback or a lazy rehash of Super Metroid's own intro.

Edit: Opening the map now fucks up the FPS, fuck this. Or maybe not, I don't know.

Guess who is very easily scared and just about to boot up Alien: Isolation for the first time

Guess who is very easily scared and just about to boot up Alien: Isolation for the first time

Is your body ready?  Oh, enjoy the enemies with guns :sachi:

I just bought Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow off of Amazon because my local GameStop didn't have it.  Got a new, factory sealed copy for around $26.  Today was a good day.

I finally Finished Trails in the Sky. The tournament in the final chapter was so boring that I took a long break from the game.

But man, did the story get intense after the tournament. The final confrontations were epic, though the last dungeon was awfully frustrating. Who thought it was a good idea to hide all the good equipment behind annoying encounters? The enemies were too tanky and not that dangerous, finishing the final dungeon was dreadful test in patience. The final boss was pretty fun though.

And the ending was pretty good, considering it is pretty much set up for next game. Trails in the Sky really shined in the final parts. The final chapter changed my opinion from a "pretty good game" to "this is amazing".

Now I'm in Second Chapter hype mode.

Finished Hotline Miami 2 

on normal, I'll leave Hard and the Plat for later.

I hope your anus is ready  :sachi:   I bet you'll enjoy Dead Ahead and Casualties on hard.  They were some of the most frustrating game levels I've played in recent memory.

Playing some Ocarina of Time at a friend's house again.  I'm gonna power through!

I hope your anus is ready :sachi: I bet you'll enjoy Dead Ahead and Casualties on hard. They were some of the most frustrating game levels I've played in recent memory.

Playing some Ocarina of Time at a friend's house again. I'm gonna power through!

Dead Ahead was so hard... Took me over 1 hour total to beat it.

Been playing more of Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker and about to fight the second boss. The plot's had some interesting developments and the character interactions have been great still.

Also Io is no Solid Snake

Cleared Voss in my Old Republic Sith Warrior playthrough.

I've been forewarned about someone in the party betraying me. Not sure if this is determined by affection rating but if so I'm glad Vette and Jaesa are at near max affection with me

Suikoden 2 is coming along well on the Vita. It feels a bit weird, though, because even though I'm some 8 hours into the game, I still don't have a fort full of quirky people that I'm recruiting; I'm just kind of wandering around, running away from the big army led by the madman. Hopefully it all comes together soon - the strategic battles up to this point have been a little meh because of the lack of huge numbers of characters.

I started playing Wild Arms 3 as part of my destressing from this week and I`ve really taken a liking to it. It has a really interesting system, and I love how they went pretty much full-out cowboy for it whereas the previous 2 games were little more like ordinary RPG settings with very small touches of wild west. The music is really good too, but then again Wild Arms has always had a really good OST for all the games. 

Recently finished Axiom Verge on normal and hard. It's really a must play for anyone enjoying a Metroid-like game, not only for the game play but also for the environment and musics. As opposed to many recent Metroidvania games you really have 0 indication on where to go and will probably be lost for a while on the first playthrough, but I find it part of the fun. The powerups are imaginative and not just copy/pasted from the Metroid games, too.

Now I just beat stuff up in Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. It soothes my nerves when I need it. ^^

Glad to see some Hotline Miami fans out there too, by the way.  

Bought Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

GoG decided to gift me SimCity 2000.

gog

Edit:

Metroid Prime is beautiful, likely one of the best games I have played all year.

Alien: Isolation is very engaging, I didn't want to stop playing despite being scared shitless.