What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Just finished to download Hatred.... will see how it is

Don't hold your breath.  It seems like a serious version of Postal.  The only thing Postal had going for it was that it was funny; take away the humor and all you have is a pointless murder simulator that was designed to be 2edgy4you and your mom.

I am playing Hotline Miami 2 on my Vita and Super Metroid on PC still. These games do last quite a while.

What chapter are you on in HLM2?  By the way, are you gonna play through Hard mode?  It was literally hell, but man, I felt sooooo good after beating it.

Don't hold your breath.  It seems like a serious version of Postal.  The only thing Postal had going for it was that it was funny; take away the humor and all you have is a pointless murder simulator that was designed to be 2edgy4you and your mom.

What chapter are you on in HLM2?  By the way, are you gonna play through Hard mode?  It was literally hell, but man, I felt sooooo good after beating it.

I finished hotline miami 2 on both normal and hard mode.

The only thing i can't do is getting an a+ on Deathwish, on normal. The funny thing is that i got S on deathwish hardmode on the first try......

Also,

Don't hold your breath. It seems like a serious version of Postal. The only thing Postal had going for it was that it was funny; take away the humor and all you have is a pointless murder simulator that was designed to be 2edgy4you and your mom.

What chapter are you on in HLM2? By the way, are you gonna play through Hard mode? It was literally hell, but man, I felt sooooo good after beating it.

IIRC I am on Chapter 18. this is fun, especially on Vita- will double dip on PC version later.

Definitely going to play on Hard as well.

I'm 100 hours into the Witcher 3 and I'm guessing I'm only around halfway done with the main story. And probably have done less than half of the side quests and discovered way less than half of the random map items. This game is ridiculous. Also, while I think the outdoor vistas can be pretty incredible, the best part of the game is probably the close-up character art, where it is completely unrivaled. I also really love the clothing and armor designs in general. And like I said earlier in the thread, the facial animations are ridiculously good. Talking to NPCs has become one of my favorite things to do in the game due to all of this.

kEBF5RU.jpg

QUI7BVl.jpg

ufkRnzi.jpg

And I'm glad my computer can run it at those settings with a perfectly smooth framerate. Everyone is spending $300-400+ on their new Geforce 970s and 980s, while my $150 680 gets that? Yeah, okay. Props to CD Projekt for optimizing the hell out of this game.

edit: And dat lighting. I'm a sucker for good lighting in games, generally thinking it's the most important element to a good overall graphical look, and it's top-tier in TW3.

It's up to what you feel up for in the moment, but I genuinely believe it's the greatest open world RPG ever made. The storylines, the writing, the questing and world exploration, it's all top-notch. Combat isn't anything special but by open world RPG standards it's probably second only to Kingdoms of Amalur (which was mediocre in every other way, unfortunately). So if that's your kind of game, I would heartily recommend it.

The one thing I will say is that you don't get to see it at its best until after you leave the prologue area. That area is still good, but it isn't until you start doing the Bloody Baron questline and the side quests in that area when things start to get fantastic.

I'm 100 hours into the Witcher 3 and I'm guessing I'm only around halfway done with the main story. And probably have done less than half of the side quests and discovered way less than half of the random map items. This game is ridiculous. Also, while I think the outdoor vistas can be pretty incredible, the best part of the game is probably the close-up character art, where it is completely unrivaled. I also really love the clothing and armor designs in general. And like I said earlier in the thread, the facial animations are ridiculously good. Talking to NPCs has become one of my favorite things to do in the game due to all of this.

We're almost on the exact same page (opinion-wise) when it comes to this game, except I'm only 60 hours in and I'm still wrapping up Novigrad stuff + unearthing everything on Velen map before I move onto the Skellige Isles.

I'm not super into the armor designs, but I can appreciate them. I wish you could just keep improving the starting armor as that looks rather nice. 

Beat Tales of Symphonia...again.

I'm kind of in a JRPG mood but I'm not sure what to play. I was thinking about doing Xillia 2, Symphonia 2 or Abyss but I'm not sure which one I want to play. I'm going to make coffee and sit on this.  :amane:

Abyss is hands down the best one overall, with downfalls in terms of character design. They're entirely hit or miss. I liked them a lot, especially the main character's development (and one of the bigger antagonist's lack thereof, which is an important plot point).

Also, how can you guys have over 100 hours in Witcher 3 and still didn't finish most of it? I finished -all- of Velen and Novigrad (not going to bother with Skellige's question marks) and pretty much all quests in Skellige and am currently wrapping up loose ends and grabbing achievements where possible before starting my Death March run, and I'm only at about 80 hours.

We're almost on the exact same page (opinion-wise) when it comes to this game, except I'm only 60 hours in and I'm still wrapping up Novigrad stuff + unearthing everything on Velen map before I move onto the Skellige Isles.

I'm not super into the armor designs, but I can appreciate them. I wish you could just keep improving the starting armor as that looks rather nice. 

I ended up heading to Skellige before finishing the Novigrad stuff because I wanted to do that other witcher's quest line, but pretty quickly forgot my purpose and got engrossed in the going-ons there.

I've not played either Symphonia 2 or Abyss (for more than a couple hours), but Xillia 2 was very good IMO; in particular, I liked it quite a bit more than original Xillia. No other Tales game I've played comes close to Graces F, though, for me. Since I don't seem to exactly be in the majority on that opinion, you might want to take my comments with a grain of salt.

I've been playing Suikoden 2 on my Vita. I'm still too early to say much, but I'd forgotten a lot of the fun elements in Suikoden games (especially the strategy battles). My favorite part of the Suikoden games is how ridiculously easy it is to pick up most characters: run into a person, tell them "you should totally join my army", and they just hop on board. The only plausible explanation that comes to mind is that all Suikoden main characters have 255 Charisma from level 1.

Also, how can you guys have over 100 hours in Witcher 3 and still didn't finish most of it? I finished -all- of Velen and Novigrad (not going to bother with Skellige's question marks) and pretty much all quests in Skellige and am currently wrapping up loose ends and grabbing achievements where possible before starting my Death March run, and I'm only at about 80 hours.

Watching Day9 play Heroes 2 made me want to play, so I decided why not try Heroes 6, since I got it during the Humble Bundle. The first mission wasn't too bad, nor was the second one... until the AI started cheating out of its ass. Whenever I killed the AI hero it would send out another one the next week with about 50% more troops, completely ignoring the fact that there's no way in hell they can produce a ~200 stack in a single week with one town. Fuck that fucking game, I'm downloading Heroes 2 which I also got in the bundle.